• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which 5 playoff teams won't make it next year

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On average 5 teams that made it this year won't make it next year. So which 5?

San Diego - I hope I'm wrong but they are still a little cap strapped and I'm not sure they can fill all the holes. Plus the AFC West plays the NFC West, so there won't be two WC spots filled by the AFC West. If Manning decides to hang it up put Denver in this slot.

KC - their defense was not nearly what their weak early season schedule suggested. Schedule is waaay tougher.

Cincinnati - Baltimore and Pittsburgh get back to normal and put Cincy back in 3rd. Andy Dalton dons another jersey in 2015, and perhaps a clipboard.

Panthers - they looked completely outclassed by the 49ers. Tough schedule and resurgent Falcons bring them back to 9-7.

Eagles - Nick Foles is not that good. A season of tape will spell his doom.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

San Diego - I hope I'm wrong but they are still a little cap strapped and I'm not sure they can fill all the holes. Plus the AFC West plays the NFC West, so there won't be two WC spots filled by the AFC West. If Manning decides to hang it up put Denver in this slot.

KC - their defense was not nearly what their weak early season schedule suggested. Schedule is waaay tougher.

Cincinnati - Baltimore and Pittsburgh get back to normal and put Cincy back in 3rd. Andy Dalton dons another jersey in 2015, and perhaps a clipboard.

Panthers - they looked completely outclassed by the 49ers. Tough schedule and resurgent Falcons bring them back to 9-7.

I don't think Cincy does. They have a one trick pony on offense and their DC just left town.

The 49er's.

The Eagles.

The Chargers. They were lucky to get in this year.

K.C.

ratenstein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the Eagles and maybe the Pack if the Bears ever figure it out. Possibly the Saints. AZ should have gone this year, and I liked the CAR defense.

I'd be tempted to say Denver because of how thoroughly shitty they looked in all phases of the game, but they were without a few of their better players and the AFC in general is a very weak conference at the moment. KC weren't as good as their record, so I think they fail in favor of Pittsburgh or some surprise team. NE, CIN, SD all improved as the season went on and IND still plays in a weak division.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my 5:

Cincinnati...............Not a complete team. Defense is pretty good. Offense is horrible.

Philadephia............Won't win the division next year and won't have the record to be the Wild Card

New Orleans...........Team is getting a bit too long in the tooth.

Kansas City..............They whipped up on the also-rans to start 9-0. Finished 2-5 against the rest. They'll be lucky to finish 8-8.

Denver.......................Peyton Manning will retire and that will be the death knell.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC
SD
Cincy
Philly
NO

vindicare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy
Sd
KC
No

Denver if manning retires(doubtful)

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if PFM retires

No idear who doesn't make the playoffs. I don't see 5 of this years not making it tho

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cinci has made it 3 straight years. Not sure Id bet against them.

Carolina and KC both seem like droppers

LongHairedTimmeh

Bancroft Hall, USNA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas.

And if they could qual 5 times, they'd miss five times.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely agree with this... Love the Dalton comment BTW...

Not sure about KC yet. I know they had an easy schedule, but one can never really count Andy Reid out of the playoffs. He always finds a way to get there.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver and their division will play the NFC West,Denver will most likely lose at least three of those games against NFC West teams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver and their division will play the NFC West,Denver will most likely lose at least three of those games against NFC West teams.
Denver has a better shot of getting back, though.

Arizona is good. They are going to push someone out of the playoffs if they play like they did during the 2nd half of the season.

The Rams will likely have Bradford and hopefully will have fixed their secondary. And yes, Bradford is an improvement over Clemens. The Rams will need a few breaks to compete, though.

There is no margin for error for Seattle. They might have the deepest, most complete team and the best homefield but they have to keep the pedal on the gas. Denver likely isn't going to get challenged too hard as long as they keep Peyton and get Von Miller and Clady back.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has a better shot of getting back, though.

Arizona is good. They are going to push someone out of the playoffs if they play like they did during the 2nd half of the season.

The Rams will likely have Bradford and hopefully will have fixed their secondary. And yes, Bradford is an improvement over Clemens. The Rams will need a few breaks to compete, though.

There is no margin for error for Seattle. They might have the deepest, most complete team and the best homefield but they have to keep the pedal on the gas. Denver likely isn't going to get challenged too hard as long as they keep Peyton and get Von Miller and Clady back.

Maybe but they might be looking at a wildcard depending how things play out.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming an extra WC is not added:

Cincy- No faith in Dalton at all, can lose a game against anybody virtually by himself. Not too hot on their coaching staff now to be quite honest either. Baltimore will bounce back and seize the division as of right now if we were guesstimating as this thread asks.

SD- Not buying their D or PPG ranking at all, football outsiders considered them the worst defense in football for quite some time this season. Simply don't have the tools to get to a greater or equal to 9-7 record against this schedule in my opinion as of right now. I don't think they can fix enough of the holes this offseason either. I really doubt it.

I don't think there are that many drops actually this upcoming season. I really don't. I don't see it. Not trying to be a homer either, I really don't see it barring catastrophic injuries which are always impossible to predict. Especially with the possibility of expanded playoffs.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd like to see my Chargers make it next year, our defense is crap and has at least three positions that need desperate help: CB, safety and DE. If Malcolm Floyd comes back from the neck injury and if we can draft another OL to compliment Fluker, our offense will be a force to deal with. But it won't be able to make up for a very weak defense.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but they might be looking at a wildcard depending how things play out.

It'll be a tough schedule for sure, but i don't see any of the AFC W teams beating them out for the division.