• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which 1st Round QB Is Most Likely to Be a Bust?

Who do you got?

• Lawrence-JAX

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Wilson-NYJ

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • Lance-SF

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Fields-CHI

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Jones-NE

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is the toughest to figure

Accurate and smart enough to be the perfect Pats QB for a decade

but a lotta bust qualities about him too.
Beginning with the fact he looks like my mailman.
yeah but i mean you could say that about jake fromm. i think jones is def superior to fromm..but yeah

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is really an outlier as far as QBs that come into the league with accuracy and touch issues

most of those types don’t pan out
I know, that is why I said he broke the mold. Lance was 10 ten times the QB in college Allen was. Which is why I just caution the reasoning on why Lance will bust.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem they all have their upside.
but to answer this particular question.
I had to go with Lance. For a couple reasons.
A. the most unknowns. Lack of starts etc...
B. When they talk of your athletic ability 1st over QB IQ or accuracy. It is the start down a road of bust.
C. When they did talk of his throwing. It was his arm strength. the kyle Boller list is long in this bust category.

All so called QB gurus think they can just take the physical specimen & mold him into a complete QB. This has failed probably in the high 90 percentile range.

Figure the niners just went after the high ceiling, if Shanahan does successfully mold lance. But QB guru ego's has screwed this pick up many many times.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem they all have their upside.
but to answer this particular question.
I had to go with Lance. For a couple reasons.
A. the most unknowns. Lack of starts etc...
B. When they talk of your athletic ability 1st over QB IQ or accuracy. It is the start down a road of bust.
C. When they did talk of his throwing. It was his arm strength. the kyle Boller list is long in this bust category.

All so called QB gurus think they can just take the physical specimen & mold him into a complete QB. This has failed probably in the high 90 percentile range.

Figure the niners just went after the high ceiling, if Shanahan does successfully mold lance. But QB guru ego's has screwed this pick up many many times.
hot banana peppers

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lance was considered to be one of the smartest if not the smartest QB in the draft. His intangibles are supposedly off the charts as well and that's why a lot of teams fell in love with him. Given he landed in the best spot I feel the odds of him flat out being a bust are low it's just a question of how good will he be.

I've done a ton of digging with most of the guys since my team was the main team with skin in the game so my pick would be Wilson.

I think he could be great but durability is a concern and he might not get away with being as reckless of the ball as he was in college because the NFL will make you pay dearly.

Fields could bust because he landed in Chicago where both the GM and coach are hanging on to their jobs by a thread so who knows what he'll have in terms of coaching. Also there are concerns about his football IQ which seems to be one of the reason he slid. But on the flip side he could very well be this version of Justin Herbert who supposedly had serious flaws that didn't turn out to be serious flaws at all and flourished.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance was considered to be one of the smartest if not the smartest QB in the draft. His intangibles are supposedly off the charts as well and that's why a lot of teams fell in love with him. Given he landed in the best spot I feel the odds of him flat out being a bust are low it's just a question of how good will he be.

I've done a ton of digging with most of the guys since my team was the main team with skin in the game so my pick would be Wilson.

I think he could be great but durability is a concern and he might not get away with being as reckless of the ball as he was in college because the NFL will make you pay dearly.

Fields could bust because he landed in Chicago where both the GM and coach are hanging on to their jobs by a thread so who knows what he'll have in terms of coaching. Also there are concerns about his football IQ which seems to be one of the reason he slid. But on the flip side he could very well be this version of Justin Herbert who supposedly had serious flaws that didn't turn out to be serious flaws at all and flourished.
Figuring who's the smartest seems venturing into the abstract and I give no points to that. He seem off target throwing downfield against inferior talent. I think Lance has a very likely prospect of being a flat out bust, much more the Mac Davis despite a supposedly higher ceiling. I'm looking forward to him starting TBH. Go Seahawks!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we have to think about outside factors such as what weapons that QB will have along with who they will be facing in their division twice a year. I think it would be tough for Wilson and the Jets I dont think the Jets run game is that great they did invest in the OL and WR in the draft but they will be a young team that will be facing a Bills team thats trying to make it to the super bowl and the patriots where Bill Belichek has been known to eat up rookie QBs in the division.

Personally I think Fields will be a bust I dont think highly of Ohio State QBs, their coaching staff is on the hot seat most likely will probably be fired so he will change coaches. If Rodgers stays in green bay he will be facing him twice a year and his best weapons are Allen Robinson, Tarik Cohen and Jimmy Graham. Outside of drafting fields themselves the bears didnt have much draft picks this year. If Aaron Rodgers ends up getting traded out of conference it would be an uphill fight in my opinion for fields.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we have to think about outside factors such as what weapons that QB will have along with who they will be facing in their division twice a year. I think it would be tough for Wilson and the Jets I dont think the Jets run game is that great they did invest in the OL and WR in the draft but they will be a young team that will be facing a Bills team thats trying to make it to the super bowl and the patriots where Bill Belichek has been known to eat up rookie QBs in the division.

Personally I think Fields will be a bust I dont think highly of Ohio State QBs, their coaching staff is on the hot seat most likely will probably be fired so he will change coaches. If Rodgers stays in green bay he will be facing him twice a year and his best weapons are Allen Robinson, Tarik Cohen and Jimmy Graham. Outside of drafting fields themselves the bears didnt have much draft picks this year. If Aaron Rodgers ends up getting traded out of conference it would be an uphill fight in my opinion for fields.
They only had a handful of picks. After Fields they went OL in the 2nd and OL in the 5th. They moved up to #39 in the second round to get Teven Jenkins from OS. Many had him as a 1st round talent. He'll be a starter day one unless something crazy happens.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thread.
awkward d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No love for Darnell Mooney?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a pretty good rookie season for a 5th round draft pick but I wouldnt be confident going into big games trying to win the division with him as your second best receiver. Just my own opinion as a bears fan you know more about him more than I do.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he gets overlooked for a variety of reasons. 5th round pick(right?)? Poor offense. Nothing super prolific. Lots of shorter stuff(iirc). Not efficient at all for the stuff he was running. Kinda a blamd product of volume with about 100 targets. But i actually thought he could be a nice receiver with a step forward and better wb play.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he gets overlooked for a variety of reasons. 5th round pick(right?)? Poor offense. Nothing super prolific. Lots of shorter stuff(iirc). Not efficient at all for the stuff he was running. Kinda a blamd product of volume with about 100 targets. But i actually thought he could be a nice receiver with a step forward and better wb play.
Just give this guy a QB who can hit an open WR pass 20 yards. I can't count how many times Mooney has been missed pass 15 yards.

There's a couple things Justin Fields will need to improve going into the NFL but his arm is a immediate improvement in what we had last year and I think the connection between him and Mooney can be special

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just give this guy a QB who can hit an open WR pass 20 yards. I can't count how many times Mooney has been missed pass 15 yards.

There's a couple things Justin Fields will need to improve going into the NFL but his arm is a immediate improvement in what we had last year and I think the connection between him and Mooney can be special
Dont disagre, but a highlight film never tells the tale.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields.

The QB position in the NFL is about quickly making correct reads and getting the ball out. Which is the biggest concern on him. You dont have to look any further than the QB he is replacing to see what happens to QB prospects that don't process well even though they have good arms and athletic ability.

.....and considering who his coach is (this year anyway), he doesn't look like he is going to get a ton of help there.
This......