• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

where's those cardinals fans?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love talking football though with you imac_21 were just having a good time with an actual active conversation. :suds:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I never said that but can you agree that Washington is really good, he had one bad game? He brought it vs Carolina and had a monster game. I dont know whos better Bowman or Washington it depends what you need. Willis is the best MLB in football hands down. You guys are the 49ers though and you do get a lot of media coverage just saying we had a DT with 10 sacks and you had a DT with 10 sacks, the national Media would take your DT. Just saying but yes Willis is the best MLB in the game.

What didn't you say? I read my post that you quoted 3 times and don't see anywhere that I accuse you of saying anything (you have been happy to accuse me of making statements though).

I've never said Washington isn't really good. I said he's not as good of an ILB as Willis or Bowman and he's not as good of an OLB as Aldon Smith or Ahmad Brooks. You reacted to that as if I said Washington doesn't belong in the NFL.

I need a MLB that can make plays in the run game, cover TEs and RB and blitz when asked. Bowman is better than Washington. Washington MIGHT be the better blitzer, but it's difficult to say because Bowman blitzes so rarely. Bowman, however, is unquestionably better against the run and in coverage.

You need to recognize that sacks are not the only stat to look at. Even above you're focused on stats.

Also, I'm not talking about the national media. I'm talking about every non-Cardinal football site out there takes Kuechly and Lee over Washington. There are analysts that take Kuechly and Lee over Willis. When Lee was injured last year there were many people saying that Dallas just lost the best ILB in the league. They didn't lose Willis.

There are people on this board who will tell you Bowman is better than Willis as well.

Stop being so sensitive. You're coming across as if you're related to Washington and need him to be acknowledged as the best because you get a cut of his next contract.

Here's PFF's analysis of MLBs over the last 5 years. Kuechly is absent because he only had 1 year to acquire grades. Lee is absent because he had one full year of starting. Washington is absent because he didn't earn a spot (sure he only had 3 years, but Bowman only had 2 years as a starter but ranked 5th overall.

Two things to note here. First, the difference between Willis and Scott (in second place). Second, here's the first sentence of the write-up on Bowman:
If this were a list of the best linebackers of the past two years, then Bowman would be second on the list behind his teammate Patrick Willis.

The whole write-up on Bowman is worthwhile.

At the bottom they list the top 10 in coverage, and the top 10 in run stopping. Washington is on neither list. Presumably if they listed the top 10 in pass rushing he would be on there, but coverage and run stopping matter more for ILBs.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/07/02/five-years-of-pff-grades-top-10-linebackers/

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bias look how the panthers finished the year? Washington and the defense stopped caring towards the end of the year because it was pointless with how bad the offense was playing Washigtnon did have more force fumbles by the way and more solo tackles. I just think Washington is more of a play maker and force.

Wait. You say "look how the Panthers finished the year." Then you make excuses for how Arizona finished the year?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict has been really good this year as well, probably one of the best run stopping MLB in the nfl. Lots of gms kicking themselves for not taking him. Undrafted holy shit. Great story.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. You say "look how the Panthers finished the year." Then you make excuses for how Arizona finished the year?

Yea AZ really didnt care towards the end of the year I mean 58-0 we had enough talent on defense to not get beat that bad by Seattle.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sean Lees career high in tackles is 105? Once again you state all that matters is tackles? Are you a Penn State fan or something? Burfict leads the NFL in tackles so.......... does that put him in your little top 4.

Wait. "ONCE AGAIN" I say tackles are all that matters? I didn't say it all, how can I be saying it again?

Sean Lee has never played a full season either. He has 60 tackles this year though. I think he might said a career high.

Looking at any stat in a vacuum is a mistake. You focus exclusively on sacks. It's where Washington outperforms every other MLB there. He likely is used as a pass rusher more than any other ILB as well though.

And that's key. You have to look at the schemes as well.Of course Washington will have more sacks than other ILBs. He blitzes more.

And please stop calling it "[my] top 4." I think I've made it clear on multiple occasions that those are the 4 names that come up whenever a writer does anything on the top ILBs in the game. It's not my list.

And don't you think it's a little stupid that in the same post you criticize me for liking Sean Lee because of his "low" tackles numbers you say I should love Burfict because of his tackle numbers? Don't Lee's pedestrian numbers suggest I'm looking at more than just the number of tackles a guy has?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burfict has been really good this year as well, probably one of the best run stopping MLB in the nfl. Lots of gms kicking themselves for not taking him. Undrafted holy shit. Great story.

But there's more to playing ILB than stopping the run (and rushing the passer). He also has the advantage of playing behind one of the top DL in football.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. "ONCE AGAIN" I say tackles are all that matters? I didn't say it all, how can I be saying it again?

Sean Lee has never played a full season either. He has 60 tackles this year though. I think he might said a career high.

Looking at any stat in a vacuum is a mistake. You focus exclusively on sacks. It's where Washington outperforms every other MLB there. He likely is used as a pass rusher more than any other ILB as well though.

And that's key. You have to look at the schemes as well.Of course Washington will have more sacks than other ILBs. He blitzes more.

And please stop calling it "[my] top 4." I think I've made it clear on multiple occasions that those are the 4 names that come up whenever a writer does anything on the top ILBs in the game. It's not my list.

And don't you think it's a little stupid that in the same post you criticize me for liking Sean Lee because of his "low" tackles numbers you say I should love Burfict because of his tackle numbers? Don't Lee's pedestrian numbers suggest I'm looking at more than just the number of tackles a guy has?

All writters have there own opinions, but at the end of the day its all garbage. If anyone said Sean Lee is a top 4 MLB I would like to see what they spike in there coffee.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there's more to playing ILB than stopping the run (and rushing the passer). He also has the advantage of playing behind one of the top DL in football.

True dat. Still really solid though the Bengals have a solid defense all around. Malaluga or how ever you spell it isn't as good as he use to be.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea AZ really didnt care towards the end of the year I mean 58-0 we had enough talent on defense to not get beat that bad by Seattle.

Well, if that is the case (that the defense quit) I think that has to contribute to any evaluation of the players on it. It isn't as if Carolina had anything to play for last year, but they didn't quit. Especially against a division rival. If the Arizona defense laid down against Seattle, then none of the players on it belong in any "best at his position" conversations.

This suggestion that Arizona quit at the end of the season (at least the defense) and that's the excuse for getting smoked by Seattle (in Arizona!!!!!) turned around the next week and held Detroit to 10. That doesn't seem like a defense that quit. That seems like a defense that got its ass kicked by Seattle. Hell, the Arizona defense beat Detroit 14-10 with 2 pick 6. But yeah, they'd quit on the season by that point.

I'm not buying it. Seattle steamrolled Arizona in week 14. It's okay. Seattle steamrolled us a couple weeks later. Seattle was steamrolling everyone late in the season.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He puts Keuchly over Bowman?

Sean Lee too. His top 3 are Kuechly, Willis and Lee. Washington is in the 3rd tier, between 9 and 17 (depending on if you accept the order presented on the list as being the players in order, or just randomly in their groups).

As I said, Lee and Kuechly are generally accepted as 2 of the top 4 (even top 3 in this case) ILBs in the league.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bias look how the panthers finished the year? Washington and the defense stopped caring towards the end of the year because it was pointless with how bad the offense was playing

You can't just say... well those guys stopped caring. Look how the Cards finished the year. They started 4-0 and then won a single game the rest of the year. So if your logic is correct, every shitty teams defense has quit because they aren't pro's with egos, or jobs on the line. That means that Patrick Willis should have even greater stats because those Niner offenses when he first got there were pretty shitty.

I mean, this is one of the worst posts I have seen on here.