• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When is the last time we drafted a very good WR?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep!!....the sun will shine a dog's ass once in a while!

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-ev...FL-Draft/5ec6dff2-e1a9-4e52-9a94-5f678c553991

Well - that dog must have also received some more sunshine recently since at a minimum I would expect Murphy & Breeland to make major contributions to the Skins for quite a while. Also - Murphy gives the Skins the option of saying bye-bye to Orakpo which will free up $$ to address other needs. Moses/Long are still TBD.

Let's be realistic about this . The key for the Redskins & every team is not to bat 1000 during every draft year. There are going to be hits & misses for every team. The key is to 1. retain as many draft picks as possible & 2. retain & develop your young talent. This is where people need to be careful not to write off guys like Moses & others. Give them a few years before coming to a conclusion.

Given these factors the jury is still out on Allen (as much as you hate him). Again - the assumption is that the previous drafts & personnel decisions fell primarily on Shanahan. I have no issue if the team gets some new FO personnel & perhaps puts Allen in a different role. However - stop portraying this as if most of their issues are due to Allen - total crap.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned, Allen's personnel responsibility began this year. While its too early to pass final judgement, it looks like his draft has potential to be ok to good. His FA signings, with the exception of DJax and Tress Way, were a bust. Hatcher, Lavaou, and Clark have all been disappointments. Porter has been a no show.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned, Allen's personnel responsibility began this year. While its too early to pass final judgement, it looks like his draft has potential to be ok to good. His FA signings, with the exception of DJax and Tress Way, were a bust. Hatcher, Lavaou, and Clark have all been disappointments. Porter has been a no show.

Yep. You forgot Roberts who has had mixed results (not so good lately for the most part but still could play a major role moving forward). I think some of the picks (e.g. Clark) were out of desperation. They need to refrain from taking older guys like this in the future (even at the risk of initial mistakes by the younger guys).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think dajax, way are great pick ups , roberts and hatcher good ones ( hatcher does have 5 sacks but is a bit overpaid) and lavou and porter are busts

clark fits into the ehhh category

but really when you sign that many free agents you are going to be lucky to hit on half