• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When did Stafford become fiery?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen him get in his teammate's face before. At the end of the game today he got on Ebron and Jones. Is this a sign of him becoming the leader of this team? Has this happened before? I was shocked but at the same time I wonder what is going on.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing says fiery like shrieking Riley in a hi pitch wail followed by running in circles with other high pitched shrieks.

There was also the time that the medical staff was trying to tend to his dislocated shoulder and he clearly told the staff to get the fuck off him, then proceeded to hide from the staff until he could sneak back in to throw the game winner.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year is different....

He is the best player on the team and he knows it. He probably felt overshadowed by Calvin as not being the best player on his team but not even the best player on the offensive side of the ball.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is the best player on the team and he knows it. He probably felt overshadowed by Calvin as not being the best player on his team but not even the best player on the offensive side of the ball.

I think the attitude has always been there, just overshadowed by accuracy issues and sidearm throws. I don't recall a sidearm throw yesterday, but that could just mean I am blind to them now.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the attitude has always been there, just overshadowed by accuracy issues and sidearm throws. I don't recall a sidearm throw yesterday, but that could just mean I am blind to them now.

You're blind to them. He still slings it that way from time ot time. At this stage of his career, throwing technique is not as big of an issue as decision making and field management. And that seems to be improving with Jim Bob as his OC.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen him get in his teammate's face before. At the end of the game today he got on Ebron and Jones. Is this a sign of him becoming the leader of this team? Has this happened before? I was shocked but at the same time I wonder what is going on.

Both of them made amateur mistakes not getting out of bounds. Calvin and GT and even Pettigrew didnt have those issues.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Year 8 magic. It's what we've all been waiting for.

I agree with e'rything you said. And have more confidence in him coming into this year than anytime before.

Ebron is a fucking idiot who prolly needs to be screamed at between every play. Other than Boldin, this team is real short on vets offensively. Staff has to own it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really only goes to the Aww Shucks-head in hands behavior when it's his fuckup.

He's always seemed pretty vocal, in game.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 8 magic. It's what we've all been waiting for.

I agree with e'rything you said. And have more confidence in him coming into this year than anytime before.

Ebron is a fucking idiot who prolly needs to be screamed at between every play. Other than Boldin, this team is real short on vets offensively. Staff has to own it.

Well, Ebron didn't completely piss all over himself yesterday. He made the catches he needed to, even if he tried fighting for more yards instead of going down and saving a few seconds on the clock.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of them made amateur mistakes not getting out of bounds. Calvin and GT and even Pettigrew didnt have those issues.

You throw a pass at Pettigrew's numbers, he drops it. You throw a pass over his head and nowhere to be found, in between 7 defenders and he comes down with the catch. He is one of the most erratic pass catchers...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Ebron didn't completely piss all over himself yesterday. He made the catches he needed to, even if he tried fighting for more yards instead of going down and saving a few seconds on the clock.

Dude looks pretty studly to be honest. He's no Beckham or Aaron Donald but I would be surprised if he didn't put up good numbers this year, if he stays healthy...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude looks pretty studly to be honest. He's no Beckham or Aaron Donald but I would be surprised if he didn't put up good numbers this year, if he stays healthy...

Definitely moving better. Practically Leshouresque.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of the game and I think it was just that play that irked Stafford... you could see him point at his eyes and say a couple time "look at me"... he actually facemask butted Jones... he was pissed...in the end it worked out...and the pundits are talking about Terrance Williams and not Marvin Jones... plus the Lions got the W.. and they fought their tails off in the 4th quarter of that game when is seemed the Colts had the momentum. Nice win for the Lions.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of the game and I think it was just that play that irked Stafford... you could see him point at his eyes and say a couple time "look at me"... he actually facemask butted Jones... he was pissed...in the end it worked out...and the pundits are talking about Terrance Williams and not Marvin Jones... plus the Lions got the W.. and they fought their tails off in the 4th quarter of that game when is seemed the Colts had the momentum. Nice win for the Lions.

They would have tackled Ebron in bounds anyway, I don't think that was a make or break play based on him not going down. The fact that he caught it was fine by me.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have tackled Ebron in bounds anyway, I don't think that was a make or break play based on him not going down. The fact that he caught it was fine by me.
I don't know if that's why Stafford went off on Ebron. I think it was more about Ebron looking back at him earlier in the play, hence the look at me statement two times.

Honestly, I'm not so sure I like Stafford becoming the leader of this team. (that's a Packer's fan speaking) He has all the talent in the world and there have been plenty of games the Lions gave away with dumb plays. Him taking over and leading them with football IQ might be a good thing for the Lions...and I'm not sure I like it. (again Packer's fan perspective)