• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats the name/names of your ff team

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money league - That's What Cheesehead

All free leagues - Gridiron Gladiators(used this for years)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All my teams are essentially the Sloths. Goes back to my first year in FF. I didn't expect much from my fantasy team, and since most teams are names after animals, I tried to think of one of the least imposing or least threatening animals.

The Mighty Sloths were born (2001).

One year, just to break the mold (with the Sloth name) in another league, I had the "Mini Ditkas" team which was extracted from the SNL super fans bit.

Although last season in the MBBRL I think I went with the Sloppy Joes.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All my teams are essentially the Sloths. Goes back to my first year in FF. I didn't expect much from my fantasy team, and since most teams are names after animals, I tried to think of one of the least imposing or least threatening animals.

The Mighty Sloths were born (2001).

One year, just to break the mold (with the Sloth name) in another league, I had the "Mini Ditkas" team which was extracted from the SNL super fans bit.

Although last season in the MBBRL I think I went with the Sloppy Joes.

"Sloppy Joes" is awesome. :nod:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef, I must admit I like the name "Soggy Bottom Boyz." (Like the movie too.)

I tried incorporating some movie characters into a fantasy team name. (i.e. Joe Dirt's Meteors; Gert B. Frobe's Janitors; Count Olaf's Biting Monkeys, The Killer Rabbits, etc.) But I always go back to the Sloths.

This thread reminded me of a story.
Many owners will try to come up with tough and mean sounding team names. And one came up with "Macho Mammoths." No joke. Most all the owners teased him. But one owner named his team "The Sensitive Posies." The Posies ended up winning the league that season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My fantasy football team names from this year:

The Waldo Worshippers, The Overcompensators, The Growlers, and The Womanizers.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not much creativity into my name. It's always been The Foot. It was a name given to me since high school because I am a pretty big dude and have big feet. My friend Rob actually coined the name the foot at a drinking party one night when I walked in and accidentally kicked a vase that was on the floor shattering it against the wall and then demanding a beer! lol. The name has just stuck ever since.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I was very apologetic for breaking the vase and offered to pay for it, but the owner wouldn't let me.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not much creativity into my name. It's always been The Foot. It was a name given to me since high school because I am a pretty big dude and have big feet. My friend Rob actually coined the name the foot at a drinking party one night when I walked in and accidentally kicked a vase that was on the floor shattering it against the wall and then demanding a beer! lol. The name has just stuck ever since.

Foot and always Foot...dont change that one....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barilko, thanks for the smile you always put on my face. Good luck today my friend and to everyone.
It's a big day!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I have themes for all of my team names which I change every year. Last year storms were my theme so I had Cyclone, Typhoon and Hurricane. I missed the deadline to change Hurricane this year.

My other team is the Bay Harbor Butchers named after Dexter. My wife and I watched the entire series this summer before the series finally and if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I might keep that name.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is simply boring and stems from combining the name i use and and have used in pools for years

any pool with a spread sheet Hockey Football whatever.i have always been "Barilko"
even a few friends call me Barilko...

I used Barilko in FF also but when i finally uploaded an Oiler helmet as team avitar i simply combined Barilko with (my beloved long lost Oilers) and thus Barilko's Oilers...

all my names will always have a music refrence of some kind

i also use "Crimsoniter" and "An Cat Dubh"....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I need a quick vote here!

Tight end.

A. Stick with Antonio Gates

or

B. Take a chance with Charles Clay

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Big day for me today!