• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's more attractive as a draft move

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We keep our potential top 2 draft pick and probably grab Mathews OR we trade with the Browns who might want bridgewater and take their 8th and 22nd along with maybe a 2nd or something. That's three first round draft picks and we can still grab a good tackle outside of Mathews. Read this somewhere and I actually kind of liked the idea although I think missing out on Mathews may be a HUGE mistake.

I wouldn't be surprised if we just kept trading back and piled up a good number of picks.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is going #1 in many mocks. Is there another QB at pick #2 that the Browns would trade up for?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep our potential top 2 draft pick and probably grab Mathews OR we trade with the Browns who might want bridgewater and take their 8th and 22nd along with maybe a 2nd or something. That's three first round draft picks and we can still grab a good tackle outside of Mathews. Read this somewhere and I actually kind of liked the idea although I think missing out on Mathews may be a HUGE mistake.

I wouldn't be surprised if we just kept trading back and piled up a good number of picks.

if we pick Jake Mathews, who would play LT??

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long at LT and Matthews at RT.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in trading down to gain good value. I believe that would be good value.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrade offense. #1WR.

Sammy Watkins

And the Browns are tanking. I truly believe they are bullshitting some of these injuries to get a QB coming out.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns are crazy enough to give us both of their #1's and say a 3rd for the pleasure of moving to #2, I am all for it. You get Watkins at #8 and THEN I might draft Clinton-Dix at #22 (about where I think he is a worthwhile pick)... then look at cornfed Iowa boy Brandon Sherff to play RT in round 2.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally lost track of things there... that potential deal would give us THREE first round picks. We would need HOME RUNS on ALL OF THEM!!

So then I would go Watkins at #8, Cameron Erving at #15 and Dix at #22. If Dix is gone by #22, then go CB with either Bradley Roby or Jason Verrett and it is STILL a HUGE upgrade in the secondary. The other option would be to go OLB at #22 with either Van Noy, Shazier or Hubbard.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been watching Kstate's Tyler Locket and one this thing he's convincing me of is that he's the most underrated WR in the draft. I can see him falling to our laps in the second with all the big names ahead of him. I can see Fisher skipping on a WR in the first and grabbing a guy like Locket, AKA Brian Quick....

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for starters we already have Austin a return man/slot guy.. So Lockett = a no

we need a true number1 wr that we haven't had since holt ... which means we NEEEEEED Sammy Watkins

question now... why does a few of you want haha dix when hes been suspended twice and isn't really that much better than 2nd or 3 round talent safety's in this draft?
*personally an OT , DT , or CJ Mosley is more enticing than haha dix

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean don't you guys like scoring? points = playmakers and the definition of a playmaker is Sammy watkins

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STLADAM, I agree with you on Dix, but if he is there at #22 AFTER we make that deal I would take him. And I agree as well about Watkins or Evans... those are the only 2 WR I target in round 1. If they are gone, there is a big dropoff to Marquise Lee or Jordan Matthews and the guys available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds will be just as good as those 2 IMO.

Now, in regards to Tyler Lockett. As a KSU fan AND alum, I know ALOT about Tyler Lockett. But I had to laugh when sooner4life you said " I can see him falling into our laps in the second round". Lockett is not even being mentioned in a full 7 round mock draft on draftsite.com. He will be around day 3 mainly because of his size. And as Adam mentioned, we have an even faster version of Tyler Lockett in Tavon Austin, so I will take the Texas route on that.... the el PASSo :10:

Now someone from KState that I would love to see the Rams go after is Safety Ty Zimmerman. He reminds me alot of TJ McDonald. If we draft Dix,Loston or Dion Bailey in say the 3rd, Zimmerman would add depth in say round 5 or 6.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrade offense. #1WR.

Sammy Watkins

And the Browns are tanking. I truly believe they are bullshitting some of these injuries to get a QB coming out.

Some one who see's the light!!!! +10000 :10:

I don't agree taking Mathews in the 1st to play RT. 1. we don't need a RT. If we really wanted to we could draft one in round 3 that could be a solid back up for Barksdale. And who knows maybe he turns into a good starter in 3-4 years. Of course this is all best case scenario but thats usually what you draft for. If anything we pick up a decent swing tackle in FA. And who knows maybe Saffold stays. I know another team will take a chance on him but they wont pay top LT money.

I agree we take Watkins or Lee. I prefer Lee but I trust SJ's analysis on WR's better than mine. We have to look at our Offense the same way Green Bay looks at theirs. No such thing as having too many great skill players and thats something the Rams have lacked for years and years. We have 2 WR's going into their 3rd year and if they don't show something by then, then we have to starting thinking about trading them away or making them career backups. As we sit now we have 2 good playmakers on offense. Austin and Stacy, possibly Cunningham and Richardson. But that only goes so far, because one is a slot WR and the others are RB's and you can't have them all on the field at the same time.
Also cook needs to be benched and needs a coach to light a fire under his ass. You can tell the guy just has a mental block, it's written all of his "duuuurr" face when he whiffs on catching the football. I believe he can be a great TE he has all the tools but no heart.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of the belief that the Rams top 3 WR's going forward are Givens, Bailey and Tavon. None of these guys stand above 6 feet. While Watkins is a special player do we really want another not that big WR? I would much rather go after Mike Evans. He's far bigger and much more physical.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Watkins is a special player do we really want another not that big WR? I would much rather go after Mike Evans. He's far bigger and much more physical.

Finally someone else who agrees with me!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this class of WRs will be special. I think Lee and Watkins will be good, but want to see what Evans 40 time is. Just because you take a guy that's 6'3 doesn't mean things will change. Quick and Pettis are both big guys...?

Sammy Watkins is listed as 6'1 205 so he will add a little weight and be 210-215.

Evans had huge games against Bama and Auburn this year. He plays with a guy that keeps plays alive forever too and will that happen on the Rams or the NFL? I think Johnny Fuseball is going to be another Tebow but a little better personally. At 6'5 225 Evans is a beast, but I want to see his 40.

Anyone know what Calvin Johnson's 40 was? I'm curious.

I think this will be the best class of WRs since Julio and AJ. And if the Rams pass on these guys, it's pathetic and they are pathetic.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that Indy is going to take one of these 3 guys if they can or trade up and who knows who else?

I just hope the Rams don't pass on a WR because they traded up to take one last year. It's clearly a big need and we need to score points like STLAdam said.

Who is this STLAdam? And where did he come from?

Adam - I like yours style. :clap:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this class of WRs will be special. I think Lee and Watkins will be good, but want to see what Evans 40 time is. Just because you take a guy that's 6'3 doesn't mean things will change. Quick and Pettis are both big guys...?

Sammy Watkins is listed as 6'1 205 so he will add a little weight and be 210-215.

Evans had huge games against Bama and Auburn this year. He plays with a guy that keeps plays alive forever too and will that happen on the Rams or the NFL? I think Johnny Fuseball is going to be another Tebow but a little better personally. At 6'5 225 Evans is a beast, but I want to see his 40.

Anyone know what Calvin Johnson's 40 was? I'm curious.

I think this will be the best class of WRs since Julio and AJ. And if the Rams pass on these guys, it's pathetic and they are pathetic.

Johnsons 40 time was 4.32, lol hard to believe that Evans time will be in that ball park. I believe it helps to be that big and that fast but it's not everything. There are plenty of other big WR's in the league that don't have that kind of 40 speed that would be a huge upgrade over the Rams herd of nobody's.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember megaton having a ridiculous 40. And I agree it's not everything, but size and speed kills in the NFL. Funny he's a big WR with that speed and he is the most dominant WR since Jerry Rice. And Rice didn't have crazy good speed, but once he got away from you he was gone.

You need a good football IQ, good hands, and be able to learn how to run good routes and have good releases. Some young WRs have it and some work hard to get it, some never get it.

Either way, if Evans can run around 4.4 then it's definitely tempting with his size. Sammy Watkins has speed and he's a strong SOB. Someone said Evans went against a good CB at Mizzou and got shutdown, but I wonder how much double teams he saw. I remember Alshon Jeffrey seeing double and triple teams his junior year with a horrible back up QB.

Look at Pettis, he's got good IQ, great hands, but he just has no speed to get separation. Quick is still learning and many WRs don't show up till year 3. We will know a lot more next year, but we have to grab one of these talent WRs in the upcoming draft.

And as far as the 40, I look at what they did at the combine and what they did at their pro day, AND what I've seen from them in games so my basis is using as many things as I can. Keenan Allen and Alshon never ran 4.4's, but to watch them in games and see their breakaway speed was totally different.

Which is why the Lams can't keep falling in love with these turkeys at just the combine.

Last edited by a moderator:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans ran a 4.47 according to some scouting sites. I'm also a fan of his blocking and foot work for what that's worth.