• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What you LIKED...the optimist thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we could use a glass half full thread.

I'll start it..

Keenan...please don't let him get hurt...

D looks like it's gonna be better than last year.

Andre Roberts and our return game...:yes:

Tress Way

Our running game

:suds: HTTR!

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan looked great. Please stay healthy!!
Hatcher is a beast. Opens up lanes for others. Lines up anywhere.
Running game. Run the ball. Even to the right! Just have Mo, Larry and Curly run together is better than having them pass block. Alfred is great.
Ryan Clark's leadership is not only with wisdom, but by example.
Andre Roberts is the best return man we have had in a Long Long Time!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe it or not Rg3 showed some improvement in the passing game

the punter seems to be good

roberts has made the return game respectable

for the most part the defense was good

the running game was good

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Griff. He released the ball more decisively and quickly than we saw in preseason. Didn't take off and stepped up in the pocket when it was there. Threw the ball away. He took what the defense gave him for the most part. I saw some progress myself.

On the flip side, he looked like he lacked explosiveness. Nothing about his play would scare any team. Why they didn't run more to set up play action better is a head scratcher. But I'm only an armchair observer.

Some of this can be attributed to Pass Pro and the sheer absurdity that is JJ Watt. But some of this is on Griff. To be expected, given it's gonna take some time for him to learn and the O to click.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatcher :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Kerrigan's strip, tackle, fumble on Foster. Guy is a playmaker.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time I saw what others have seen about Griff's speed. I always believed that once the brace came off he would be faster but clearly that's not coming back. Still he's faster than most and fast enough to escape trouble. I've posted my other positives but I'll do it again:

Griff's slide
The punter and kick returner were awesome
Keenan Robinson is a huge upgrade over London
Griff was very accurate, at one point hitting 27 of 31 short passes.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont have to play jj watt again this season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Griff. He released the ball more decisively and quickly than we saw in preseason. Didn't take off and stepped up in the pocket when it was there. Threw the ball away. He took what the defense gave him for the most part. I saw some progress myself.

On the flip side, he looked like he lacked explosiveness. Nothing about his play would scare any team. Why they didn't run more to set up play action better is a head scratcher. But I'm only an armchair observer.

Some of this can be attributed to Pass Pro and the sheer absurdity that is JJ Watt. But some of this is on Griff. To be expected, given it's gonna take some time for him to learn and the O to click.

Your armchair analysis is spot on Cali. Alf needs to run the ball more. If they want to put 8 in the box to stop him we should love that.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as our return game was, last year, I am happy to see Andre Roberts is making me feel like last year was just a bad dream. Jason Hatcher proved to be worth every penny, thus far. I'm glad RGIII missed only eight passes and no picks. He distributed the ball, quite nicely. I think he'll get better. Keenan Robinson seems like he will be a good replacement for Fletch. Alfred Morris showed critics that he's just another one of Mike Shanahan's system RBs. Of course, I never had my doubts. He needs to be ran more. 14 carries, just isn't gonna cut it, especially averaging 6.5ypc.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. RGIII is still alive

2. Chester and Polumbus are really having a good time out there...watching the games.

3. Rak insists that he'll come thru, but counting to 11 million takes time.

4. Jordan Reed asks fans to be patient, when the hamstring heals, he'll play, then get an high ankle sprain.

5. In a letter to the fans, Dan Snyder insists that this offensive line is far better than any in teams' history.

6. .........And the Uh-oh moment, Jacksonville fans are buying tickets to the game in record numbers from fans who will not be going to the game.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I like what Jay Gruden did/said after this ugly loss: He called it like it was instead of sugar footing around. Some quotes:

“We had some monumental mistakes that can’t happen in pro football,”
Kinda mild... what else?

“If there is a good thing,” Gruden said, “it’s that offense, defense, special teams all had their hand in this loss. It wasn’t like it was just the offense, or just the defense or the special teams. I think everybody can take a long look at themselves in the mirror.”
Getting hotter, keep it up.

On the first fumble, he said quarterback Robert Griffin III, who had tripped over the foot of center Kory Lichtensteiger, should not have attempted to hand the ball off to running back Alfred Morris as he fell.

Gruden said tight end Niles Paul, who fumbled at the end of a 48-yard catch-and-run, needed to hold the ball high and tight to avoid getting stripped from behind.
Ok, ok, not letting them off the hook, I like it... but come on, lets hear how you really feel Jay.

Gruden described Helu as “out to lunch” on his whiff of Alfred Blue, who ran by untouched for the blocked punt. Gruden said the running back needs to improve his focus, but that the team also could try out other players at that wing position.
Not exactly torn from the Joe Gibbs school of public comments.

Talking about Griffin
“[He] didn’t have much protection,” Gruden conceded, noting the pressure Washington’s offensive line was under all afternoon. “But [he has] got to throw it away.”
Yep, thats what we all are saying.

Taking a second sack on a screen play with 1 minute 32 seconds remaining in the first half. The Redskins trailed, 7-6, at that point, and their chance to re-take the lead just before the break fizzled with it.
“That can’t happen,” Gruden said.
No, Jay, it can't happen.

Its clear Jay will tell us what he really thinks. So now lets see if he can get the players to do what he says.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I like what Jay Gruden did/said after this ugly loss: He called it like it was instead of sugar footing around. Some quotes:

Kinda mild... what else?

Getting hotter, keep it up.

Ok, ok, not letting them off the hook, I like it... but come on, lets hear how you really feel Jay.

Not exactly torn from the Joe Gibbs school of public comments.

Talking about Griffin Yep, thats what we all are saying.

No, Jay, it can't happen.

Its clear Jay will tell us what he really thinks. So now lets see if he can get the players to do what he says.

I have no idea what kind of coach he will ultimately be, but I love his candor. Everyone knows how he feels and where they stand. That was the biggest knock on Shanahan, he was so cloaked in everything he said. You just felt he was lying to you.