• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Would You Choose (Pick, Salary, Upgrade)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like threads like these. Interesting to see what some fans would choose for their team.

Choose 1 of 3 options for your team:

1) #1 overall 2017 free pick. Works similar to comp pick, everyone gets bumped down, cannot trade). Your normal 1st rounder in 2017 also CANNOT be traded.

2) $10M extra cap for 3 seasons (enough for a decent F agent or signing room) 2017 through 2019.

3) ONE Max stat upgrade (let's go Madden style) for any NON QB on team (because frankly everyone would just give their QB 99 awareness if they have a hint of physical tools).

Can upgrade any traditional Madden stats. Speed, strength, agility, awareness (also counts as technique - route running, scheme adaptability, reading defenses, etc.), catch, tackle, carry, break tackle, etc.
REFERENCE: http://madden-player-ratings.pointafter.com/

My pick:

As much as #2 is tempting for Seattle, I'll take max awareness for Germain Ifedi (32nd overall rookie OT/OG). Has ALL the physical tools/size. His big issue is technique. If he could fix that no reason he shouldn't be a pro bowl LT which Seattle desperately needs. Risky to spend on a rook, but Seattle seems sound at every position but O-Line. Not sure we'd have the money to be able to spend on #1 overall plus normal first rounder (cannot be traded) and no guarantee it'd pan out. Seattle also doesn't need a QB.

#1 is a sexy choice but never know if the player will bust and your team may already be in a position to draft high.

Tried to make these somewhat balanced but that's the fun of these threads.. perhaps I'm way off base. #1 seems like the obvious choice since you could take the #1 overall and trade the 2nd (old 1st) for a HAUL, hence why I made the condition no trading. Also, if you picked early that's a LOT of money invested in rookies, something to consider.

Last edited:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take the cap space and see what holes I could fill.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like threads like these. Interesting to see what some fans would choose for their team.

Choose 1 of 3 options for your team:

1) #1 overall 2017 free pick. Works similar to comp pick, everyone gets bumped down, cannot trade). Your normal 1st rounder in 2017 also CANNOT be traded.

2) $10M extra cap for 3 seasons (enough for a decent F agent or signing room) 2017 through 2019.

3) ONE Max stat upgrade (let's go Madden style) for any NON QB on team (because frankly everyone would just give their QB 99 awareness if they have a hint of physical tools).

Can upgrade any traditional Madden stats. Speed, strength, agility, awareness (also counts as technique - route running, scheme adaptability, reading defenses, etc.), catch, tackle, carry, break tackle, etc.
REFERENCE: http://madden-player-ratings.pointafter.com/

My pick:

As much as #2 is tempting for Seattle, I'll take max awareness for Germain Ifedi (32nd overall rookie OT/OG). Has ALL the physical tools/size. His big issue is technique. If he could fix that no reason he shouldn't be a pro bowl LT which Seattle desperately needs. Risky to spend on a rook, but Seattle seems sound at every position but O-Line. Not sure we'd have the money to be able to spend on #1 overall plus normal first rounder (cannot be traded) and no guarantee it'd pan out. Seattle also doesn't need a QB.

#1 is a sexy choice but never know if the player will bust and your team may already be in a position to draft high.

Tried to make these somewhat balanced but that's the fun of these threads.. perhaps I'm way off base. #1 seems like the obvious choice since you could take the #1 overall and trade the 2nd (old 1st) for a HAUL, hence why I made the condition no trading. Also, if you picked early that's a LOT of money invested in rookies, something to consider.

Since you went LT, I'll go with C since he's the lines anchor and signal caller.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you went LT, I'll go with C since he's the lines anchor and signal caller.

Yah that's not bad either... God help us with Britt manning the Center. Although I don't even know if max awareness would help that goof.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah that's not bad either... God help us with Britt manning the Center. Although I don't even know if max awareness would help that goof.

Britt needs to step up 200% from last year. Moving him to C means if he can't preform at an avg to high level, I think he's off the team next season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go max strength for Demarcus Lawrence or Tyrone Crawford
The #1 pick is no sure thing and the cap space is only good for three years and in year 4 the team is over the cap by ten Mil.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I would go max speed on Kelvin Benjamin. At his size that would be freaky good

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming when you upgrade an ability like speed or strength it is still within human norms. Not like a WR that can get from 0-60 in 4 seconds. Tempting but I am not sure 1 trait improvement can make the difference I would be looking for.

The 3 years of 10 mil cap is interesting but as someone pointed out you only get three years of the extra space.

To be different I would go with the #1 overall in addition to my other first rounder. There is no guarantee in talent but that is nothing new for teams. And each draft there is a top 5 pick that does very well. I would be hoping to recreate a Von Miller scenario (different position) and I could afford to reach a little since it is an extra pick. The downside would be possible bust and cap issues down the road.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming when you upgrade an ability like speed or strength it is still within human norms. Not like a WR that can get from 0-60 in 4 seconds. Tempting but I am not sure 1 trait improvement can make the difference I would be looking for.

The 3 years of 10 mil cap is interesting but as someone pointed out you only get three years of the extra space.

To be different I would go with the #1 overall in addition to my other first rounder. There is no guarantee in talent but that is nothing new for teams. And each draft there is a top 5 pick that does very well. I would be hoping to recreate a Von Miller scenario (different position) and I could afford to reach a little since it is an extra pick. The downside would be possible bust and cap issues down the road.

I was actually going to go for this option. Yes a 1st overall pick does not guarantee success and the decision would have some risk but that risk is countered by the fact that they are so controlled for 4-years under the cap. Throw in it does look like the 2017 draft is pretty loaded.

Also to me if you have a 1st overall pick you already are saving that $10 million a year cap wise because of having that player controlled but you have it for 4-years not just 3.

The 3rd option would have been my other choice. Not sure which player I would choose. Maybe have Okung have his health bumped up to 99 so that he is guaranteed to stay completely healthy the entire season. It would be nice to finish a season with the LT that is supposed to be playing. Been a while that we have had a healthy LT.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99 speed for Jeff Heurmann. Make him the fastest TE in the NFL. Unstoppable.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely go with #1 if the pick could be traded. Comp picks will be able to be traded next year (right?)

Otherwise...I'm just not sure what option to take.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely number one pick. That's not even close. Yes I will take the best player entering the league next year over adding 10 million so I can overpay for someone another team didn't want and over making one of my players better in one way.

The attributes things could have been it's own thread though. I'd give Ryan Mathews 99 health. Maybe Jordan Matthews 99 catching. Not clear if it would be for just this year or the guy's whole career, obviously physical attributes deteriorate after peaking.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space for sure. You could get one really good player, or 2 or 3 solid contributors.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space for sure. You could get one really good player, or 2 or 3 solid contributors.

$10 million doesn't go as far as it used to in this league though. I mean we just had a #2 WR sign for that much. So that is the type of value you are looking at here.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$10 million doesn't go as far as it used to in this league though. I mean we just had a #2 WR sign for that much. So that is the type of value you are looking at here.

You might be right but if an extra $10 million gets you an extra legit starter I think you have to take that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is when the 10M cap space goes away
Now if I was given 10M in cap space from here to forever then yes give me the 10M.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right but if an extra $10 million gets you an extra legit starter I think you have to take that.

I guess to me I view it as you can get a 1st overall pick who could really be a superstar on a very cheap contract compared to a probably more complimentary player. I guess some of that does depend on position because the top safeties in the league are getting around $10 million though but still I guess I would rather take the risk that the 1st overall pick could turn into somebody special for you team and then you have not only a short term cap protected player but possibly a long-term superstar to build around instead of 3-years of some extra cap space which disappears after 3-years.