• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What went wrong in 2013

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH PLEASE! Way to cherry pick, lol.

Upton had higher SLG and OBP (better wOBA, too).

wRC+

Upton: 126
Prado: 103

Not to mention that Upton is only 26 years old while Prado is about to turn 30.

So Upton= higher OBP, SLG and wRC+
Prado= higher average, less strikeouts, more runs driven in, played in more games, multiple positions, and better defense.

Yeah, Upton is CLEARLY better. :L

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Upton= higher OBP, SLG and wRC+
Prado= higher average, less strikeouts, more runs driven in, played in more games, multiple positions, and better defense.

Yeah, Upton is CLEARLY better. :L

Um..... yes?

Prado is definitely a better defender, but it's not like he's some elite force out there with the glove.

Taking fielding and baserunning into account, Upton has a higher WAR than Prado... thats right.... IN LESS GAMES.

BECAUSE HE IS BETTER. :lol:

Upton: 3.0 WAR
Prado: 2.3 WAR

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um..... yes?

Prado is definitely a better defender, but it's not like he's some elite force out there with the glove.

Taking fielding and baserunning into account, Upton has a higher WAR than Prado... thats right.... IN LESS GAMES.

BECAUSE HE IS BETTER. :lol:

Upton: 3.0 WAR
Prado: 2.3 WAR

Answer this honestly. Do you think Upton would put up the same numbers if he was in AZ this year?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer this honestly. Do you think Upton would put up the same numbers if he was in AZ this year?

I have no idea. I don't see why not. He had plenty of All-Star appearances and garnered some MVP votes while in a Dbacks uniform.

Do you really thing that Arizona is such a poisonous place to play that it makes good ballplayers mediocre? Maybe that would explain why the organization treated Trevor Bauer so poorly.

Winning fixes all. Get into the playoffs and J-Up is fine.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. I don't see why not. He had plenty of All-Star appearances and garnered some MVP votes while in a Dbacks uniform.

Do you really thing that Arizona is such a poisonous place to play that it makes good ballplayers mediocre? Maybe that would explain why the organization treated Trevor Bauer so poorly.

Winning fixes all. Get into the playoffs and J-Up is fine.

Ken Kendrick kind of ruined things by speaking out against Upton last year. Upton played pretty poorly for the most part in 2012 and you could tell by his attitude and lack of hustle that he didn't want to be here anymore.

I'd take Prado over Upton for THIS team any day. That trade wasn't the reason why we are where we are.

As for Bauer... what's he doing now? 17 IP this entire year for the Indians and he has an ERA around 6.
At least Didi helped us this year and produced... nothing wrong with either of these trades, imo. And I'm tough on KT.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest mistakes on KT's part= Heath Bell, Brandon McCarthy, and Cody Ross. Combine the money he spent on those three and he could've signed Greinke or someone around that price range.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest mistakes on KT's part= Heath Bell, Brandon McCarthy, and Cody Ross. Combine the money he spent on those three and he could've signed Greinke or someone around that price range.

That money would not have gotten you Grienke. The Dodgers were not even the highest bidder - he wanted a playoff team. Dodgers were the best team on paper with a solid offer for him.

If you would really have a plus-defense utility infielder instead of one of the top young sluggers in MLB, then go for it.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That money would not have gotten you Grienke. The Dodgers were not even the highest bidder - he wanted a playoff team. Dodgers were the best team on paper with a solid offer for him.

If you would really have a plus-defense utility infielder instead of one of the top young sluggers in MLB, then go for it.

Hence why I said someone around Greinke's price tag. I wouldn't want that overrated bitch anyways. Can't wait to see him get rocked in the playoffs just like he did in 2011 vs. AZ. He's afraid of the spot light.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why I said someone around Greinke's price tag. I wouldn't want that overrated bitch anyways. Can't wait to see him get rocked in the playoffs just like he did in 2011 vs. AZ. He's afraid of the spot light.

Overrated? He's one of the pitchers in the game. He's #4 in the NL in ERA, and very likely would have been a 20 game winner if he would have pitched the whole year. You're basing this all on one game last year in the playoffs two years ago.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like who? There was no way that Anibal Sanchez was going to sign with anyone other that Detroit. Those were the best two pitchers in FA last winter. AZ didn't have a shot at either.

He'll probably blame it on his "anxiety disorder" too.

Oh, now who's being immature and un-productive?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated? He's one of the pitchers in the game. He's #4 in the NL in ERA, and very likely would have been a 20 game winner if he would have pitched the whole year. You're basing this all on one game last year in the playoffs two years ago.

This seems like it's his first "ace-like" year in quite a while. He always gets so much hype because of what he did in KC one year... he finally backed it up with a solid year THIS year but I still don't think he's as good as the media makes him out to be. We'll see if he proves me wrong in the playoffs.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who? There was no way that Anibal Sanchez was going to sign with anyone other that Detroit. Those were the best two pitchers in FA last winter. AZ didn't have a shot at either.

Oh, now who's being immature and un-productive?

That's an entire different thread. You don't seem to understand that though... I know, it must be confusing for you.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we struggle mightily without him helping Kershaw to anchor the rotation all year. Now, with AZ struggling to stay above .500, I guess it's safe to say that we still win the West. I completely agree that a player really proves their worth in the playoffs, but you also really have to acknowledge his year in the regular season. He also fucked around and hit like .340.

I'm pretty sure that 2011 was his first year pitching in the playoffs, so I have to believe that he has gotten the butterflies out. I really think he's dialed in, and will continue to be in the playoffs. Like you said though, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, when I call a player overrated it doesn't mean I think that they are bad or anything. I just don't think they are as good as most people think.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like it's his first "ace-like" year in quite a while. He always gets so much hype because of what he did in KC one year... he finally backed it up with a solid year THIS year but I still don't think he's as good as the media makes him out to be. We'll see if he proves me wrong in the playoffs.

You realize that he didn't really get much of a Spring Training and then missed a long time due to a broken collarbone right? Had had to pitch at like 80% for much of June and still had an amazing year.

That's an entire different thread. You don't seem to understand that though... I know, it must be confusing for you.

:rollseyes:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't think that it was only one year of success. In 2009 he went 16-8 with a 2.16 ERA, 2011 he went 16-6, and last year he totaled 15-5. Throw in this year at 15-3, it seems that he is pretty consistent.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying... he's got a career 3.66 ERA. I just think he's overhyped a tad... had a great year this year but hadn't pitched like an ace since 2009. Just look at the numbers... wins are not always a good way to judge a SP, CTP. Most overrated stat in the game hands down.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying... he's got a career 3.66 ERA. I just think he's overhyped a tad... had a great year this year but hadn't pitched like an ace since 2009. Just look at the numbers... wins are not always a good way to judge a SP, CTP. Most overrated stat in the game hands down.

ERA is overrated as well. All of his other peripherals are through the roof.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ERA is overrated as well. All of his other peripherals are through the roof.

ERA could be misleading for a one year span, sure. But if it's 3+ years with an ERA closer to 4 than 3 than you should NOT be considered an Ace. Simple as that.