• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What we learned yesterday

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Jim, nice win but you were very very very lucky to get that. Remember the fumble on the 6 inch line, the 2 short missed fg, and the late fumble when they were getting into position to win?

Nice win but you are a ways from being a "darn good" team.

Not quitting and working hard despite the deficit is not luck. Yes, that skill/talent of working hard and not quitting would not have resulted in a win, but it doesn't make them not a good team. If we got the 6 inch and the 2 missed FGs but not the second fumble, we would have lost but we still fought back to get the lead. We'd be talking about how we scored too fast like in the New Orleans' game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners played this game without Braylon and Whitner, but the Eagles didn't have Trent Cole, neither.

Both teams played somewhat of a sloppy game, but the Niners really turned up the heat in the 2nd half and made adjustments, which is what I expected from Harbs and finally saw it yesterday. This really was the first game where adjustments were really planned out and executed after half time.

Gore had good yardage, but I still think Hunter needs to get more reps just to give Gore a breather. The Niners really wore out the Eagles, especially their defensive line, with those sustained 2nd half drives. It was obvious that the combination of Gore and Hunter gave the Eagles difficulties. As much as I love Gore, his best days are behind him. Having Hunter in there just changes up the pace of our offensive attack and puts opposing defenses on their heels when he's in the lineup.

Our OL played better, but they still have a lot of issues. Staley has been inconsistent and is not the LT I thought he would be. It's not so much that his footwork has been lacking, but moreso him getting overpowered at times. I have to remember sometimes that he's a RT playing LT, so he's out of position.

As a whole, the OL is tied for 3rd in giving up 14 sacks and is 12th in giving up 21 QB hits. There is room for improvement, but with guys like Staley and Rachal who may have hit their ceiling, I don't know.

On defense, would like to see Haralson get more involved in things. It's basically Aldon Smith and on occasion Brooks getting a lot of the action. Rogers is really a helluva find and having Whitner back will definitely help things out. Tarrell Brown scares the crap out of me at times with all the space he gives receivers.

Big plus - Navarro Bowman and Aldon Smith. Culliver looked pretty okay for the most part. Alex Smith also stepped up - good to see the kind of effect Harbs is having on him. No question a coach such as Harbs (with his pedigree and experience with QB's) is perfect for someone like Alex Smith.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying the whole we were lucky to win shit. Akers missed two FGs one on an uncalled illegal block. So enough about the Eagles missing FGs. We played better overall and won. Plain and simple. Did it without our #1 WR and our starting SS.

Word Ray. Like Phil Jackson so famously said, "Give them some fucking credit!"

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Jim, nice win but you were very very very lucky to get that. Remember the fumble on the 6 inch line, the 2 short missed fg, and the late fumble when they were getting into position to win?

Nice win but you are a ways from being a "darn good" team.

You mean the late fumble that we cause with a great play?

Are eagles the only ones who blew opportunities? I believe that's a part of football, and when you come back the way we did, it's usually because you did some pretty good things.

Last edited by a moderator: