• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What we learned yesterday

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Frank Gore is fine. He had a great day.

2. Alex and the receivers can get it done downfield, given some decent protection.

3. Hunter can be the X factor we need.

4. Our pass rush still sucks.

I hope that Harbs takes number 2 to heart. The Niners were really lucky to win that one yesterday as the Eagles wasted SO many opportunities. You cannot afford to get down by 20 points again.

They need to open up the pass offense from the start of the game. That is Alex's strength, the 10 to 20 yard pass. They gotta try to get up by a couple of scores and let the passing open up the run game. We have been trying like hell to establish the inside running game unsuccessfully for what, 4 years??? It ain't there and a bunch of 3 and outs or 48 yard fg to start the game is not going to get them where they want to go.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shotgun and bootlegs need to be mixed into the gameplan. someone needs to show harbaugh some film of what shanahan did with jake plummer.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Frank Gore is fine. He had a great day.

2. Alex and the receivers can get it done downfield, given some decent protection.

3. Hunter can be the X factor we need.

4. Our pass rush still sucks.

I hope that Harbs takes number 2 to heart. The Niners were really lucky to win that one yesterday as the Eagles wasted SO many opportunities. You cannot afford to get down by 20 points again.

They need to open up the pass offense from the start of the game. That is Alex's strength, the 10 to 20 yard pass. They gotta try to get up by a couple of scores and let the passing open up the run game. We have been trying like hell to establish the inside running game unsuccessfully for what, 4 years??? It ain't there and a bunch of 3 and outs or 48 yard fg to start the game is not going to get them where they want to go.

1. Frank is the man, but it was the eagles D and i wanna see him be consistent.

2. Agreed

3. Agreed Hunter can be dangerous in open space.

4. Im still waiting for Fangio to send more blitzes. We have been using The usual 3 or 4 man blitz but nothing crazy yet. Probably due to the Eagles speed last game and our shaky secondary so far this year.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont agree that our pass rush still sucks. If it wasnt for Michael Vick being Michael Vick, we would've probably had 3 more sacks. Our pass rush isnt dominant, but its pretty good and a hell of a lot better then what we have seen for years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned that Alex Smith seems to always make the home team upset when playing the Eagles.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dont agree that our pass rush still sucks. If it wasnt for Michael Vick being Michael Vick, we would've probably had 3 more sacks. Our pass rush isnt dominant, but its pretty good and a hell of a lot better then what we have seen for years.

I agree, he escaped a few times simply because he's Mike Vick. Not only that, we had a lot of plays sending only 3-4. When our DBs are good enough, they'll be sending 4-5. And that makes a huge difference.

BTW, Aldon Smith seems like he's legit. Great pick on Baalke's part.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to harbaugh we learned that the niners are a "darn good football team"

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned that Alex Smith seems to always make the home team upset when playing the Eagles.

This made me laugh pretty good. I loved every second of hearing the Philly fans boo their own team. I did have to stop myself during it though and check to make sure it wasn't 49ers home game.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to harbaugh we learned that the niners are a "darn good football team"

Sorry Jim, nice win but you were very very very lucky to get that. Remember the fumble on the 6 inch line, the 2 short missed fg, and the late fumble when they were getting into position to win?

Nice win but you are a ways from being a "darn good" team.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another thing that was learned yesterday is that there is truth in Circadian Rhythm theory... By staying in Youngstown Ohio instead of going back to the Bay Are in between east coast road games, the Niners were able to avoid readjusting their body clocks...

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another thing that was learned yesterday is that there is truth in Circadian Rhythm theory... By staying in Youngstown Ohio instead of going back to the Bay Are in between east coast road games, the Niners were able to avoid readjusting their body clocks...

"It's science."

images

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

just read where Fangio did dial up a few blitzes including DB's? so its good we ARE adding pressure. a solid run defense is supposed to allow you more blitz opportunities.

agree, playing Vick and his offense is another matter, so not surprised he didn't go overboard. if we can keep Blount down early on, we'll likely see more pressure 2nd half?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry Jim, nice win but you were very very very lucky to get that. Remember the fumble on the 6 inch line, the 2 short missed fg, and the late fumble when they were getting into position to win?

think this should be addressed to 49er fans, not Harbaugh?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying the whole we were lucky to win shit. Akers missed two FGs one on an uncalled illegal block. So enough about the Eagles missing FGs. We played better overall and won. Plain and simple. Did it without our #1 WR and our starting SS.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What would you expect Harbaugh to say? The Niners pulled off an upset on the road after being down 23-3. Would he say that we are a lucky team? How does that get his personnel motivated? There is an addage that says, "... Praise publicly and repremand privately..." His team won, so he needs to praise them publicly and give them credit for the win...

Besides, there is truth to what he said... "Darn good teams" find a way to win no matter what the circumstances. They take advantage of every breaks they get and correct any mistakes they made... Being able to to those thing plus being inside a hostile environment, make them a "darn good team". It's not like he said that they are the "best" team in the league...

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Besides ... if our lineman hadn't pressured as well as they did forcing Brown to make a hasty (and boneheaded) decision, he would have waltzed in for a TD. So, you can't just see one side of the play and call it luck that resulted in us getting the ball back. The fumble too was caused by Smith's hustle for the most part. It was earned, not gifted.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a pretty pathetic effort by you.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why is it every time I read the title of this thread I feel like I am watching an episode of Romper Room??

I can't say I learned too much from yesterday's victory, but I hope my team learned how to have a little swagger. It's been too long since I/we watched our team play with the attitude, the belief and the expectation that they can win every game.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Were they unlucky against Dallas?