• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What we know and what we don't.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we can ever really know what the plans are with the organizations plans far as who they want and what style of play they're aiming for, but there are things that are worth keeping notes of that can possibly form some insight. I think some of the latest events give some direction and they challenge some of the fans thoughts about what the team will and will not do. That said, I've listed some things that we know vs the things we dont:

What we know
The Lions inquired about T.J Ward, therefore the need and want for a safety is clear. Fans agree here.

The Lions inquired about A. Verner, therefore the need and want for a CB is clear. Fans are split on this.

Lions filled their need for a #2 WR by signing G. Tate, therefore WR becomes less of a priority. Fans are split.
Martin Mayhew has been at pro-days of A. Barr and S. Watkins, therefore both positions may still be a target at 10. Fans are split.

The Lions have shown interest in the DT position and there is some frustration with N. Fairley. Therefore, the team may target one in the draft. A few fans agree.

In order to implement a Saints- style offense, a team must have a TE that can stretch the field, but there has yet to be signs that the team has interest there outside of resign Pettigrew. Most fans dont agree.

What we dont know
We dont know if the team has any interest in the OT position and how they feel about Waddle and Rieff, therefore its hard to tell if a OT is the target early in the draft. A few fans like the idea of adding there.

We dont know if the team is content at DE with what they have or if its a priority to add there, therefore no names have been linked to the Lions. Fans seem not too concerned.

We don't know who starts in the slot on offense, therefore the assumption is that the Lions will add yet another WR. Fans agree.

There's probably more that can be added but these were the first things I could think of. Going by this, I think CB or TE might be the target at 10 without completely ruling out a WR. OT could be an option too. The Lions have been quiet about a few of these positions. The rest of FA should tell us more.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good assessment, IMO. There are too many stones left unturned at this juncture regarding where the Lions might go with their selection at #10. Still many holes to fill by adding capable starters. Hopefully Mayhew is at his best this year after last years draft.