• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Was So "Great" About Dick Vermeil? (Apologies in advance.)

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live near the Philadelphia area, so one of the fondest memories for me aside from the SB victory was when the Rams came to Philadelphia in 1989 and the Rams beat the poopie out of the Eagles 21-7. It wasn't as close as the score would indicate. The Rams dominated them physically, with Jackie Slater making Reggie White a complete non-factor, and Greg Bell running all over the Eagles alleged "great" defense, while our defense crushed Randall Cunningham and the Eagles offense. It was especially satisfying to see Buddy Ryan crying in the locker room after the game. I remember him saying "We couldn't run, we couldn't pass, we couldn't do a damn thing" I still have it on a VBS tape!

It's true what everybody says about Philadelphia fans--they are the worst. That's why I'd root for the Russians if they were playing the Eagles. Hate them and New England (for obvious reasons) more than a STD.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live near the Philadelphia area, so one of the fondest memories for me aside from the SB victory was when the Rams came to Philadelphia in 1989 and the Rams beat the poopie out of the Eagles 21-7. It wasn't as close as the score would indicate. The Rams dominated them physically, with Jackie Slater making Reggie White a complete non-factor, and Greg Bell running all over the Eagles alleged "great" defense, while our defense crushed Randall Cunningham and the Eagles offense. It was especially satisfying to see Buddy Ryan crying in the locker room after the game. I remember him saying "We couldn't run, we couldn't pass, we couldn't do a damn thing" I still have it on a VBS tape!

It's true what everybody says about Philadelphia fans--they are the worst. That's why I'd root for the Russians if they were playing the Eagles. Hate them and New England (for obvious reasons) more than a STD.

What's an VBS? What's a STD? OMG, WTF, is up with all the initials LOL!

As you said, it's just weird to hold on to some memories like it was just yesterday!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I meant VHS. They're so old I forgot how to spell them. I should mention that that game was also a playoff game so it made it all the more sweeter. Of course the Rams then went on to lose to the 49ers in the NFC Championship the next game--that's the one where Jim Everett sacked himself early in the game. Speaking of Everett, the Rams just seem to have had their share of wennie QBs. Of course gotta give credit where it is due and that '89 San Francisco team was probably one of the greatest of all time, with Joe Montana destroying John Elway and the Denver Broncos 55-10 in the SB. I console myself with the fact that we were the second best team in the NFL that year.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with the knowledge and more of the memory on you older-timers. Interesting reads.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say I actually liked it back in the 60's when they had the "consolation" games. The Rams always seemed to be up for those games, but then again it was for like third place and the teams we played probably really didn't care.

But I do remember the last one we were in when we shut out the Cowboys like 30-0. Big Jack Snow fan, he had a huge game! it was small consolation, but a win is a win! I lived in Florida at the time and those games were always played in the Orange Bowl.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I remember those games Smed. They became the Pro Bowl which according to Aaron Rodgers is a complete joke these days.