• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Titans WRs Thought of the Mariota Pick

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know Mettenberger and the entire OL are pissed. But what about the WR corp?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really?
I mean i can see the objection to it, but its not like mettenberger lit the world on fire, and has this amazing high draft pedigree........

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that locker room angry late last season?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my reaction and that's the appropriate reaction from the Titans WRs as well.

How they didn't trade down... just /facepalm. Apparently rumor is 2015 1st, 2016 1st, a 3rd and Fletcher Cox from Eagles. That would've been BEAST. Cox would've been a big upgrade for their 3-4 D-Line which surrendered the second most rushing yards per game in a division with ONLY Arian Foster as a relevant runningback (seriously?). Then use that 1st rounder to snag Dupree, Ray, or one of the O-Lineman to replace Roos or upgrade your terrible interior line.

I don't even... whatever. Mettenberger played VERY well for the crap team he was on. The guy had ZERO supporting cast and was constantly playing from behind.

QB was the LAST thing Tenn needed at the moment. Now we all get to witness a QB that ran the most simplistic offense in college transition to one of if not the most complicated offenses run by Wisenhunt. The Titans are WAY more than a QB away from being a contender and could've built up that team a TON by trading the 2nd overall. Instead they take a QB with TONS of question marks at the NFL level.

To SteelersPride, see above mostly, but Mettenberger played well with the tools he had. The only great talent on that offense which isn't even top 3 in the league is Walker. They had zero run game, average WRs, and the interior line is disastrous. Yes they did some things to shore that up with a couple draft picks but Green-Beckham may quickly turn on Mariota if he doesn't light it up and they did nothing to improve a pedestrian defense which can't stop the run in perhaps the worst rushing division (outside of Houston) in the NFL.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was priceless.
I have to wonder don't they know there are cameras on them and their reactions will become public?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that locker room angry late last season?

Very.

Nate Washington, a consummate professional was ready to walk out. When the Titans start 0-6 and Mariota is struggling, there very well might be a mutiny.

Sell your Titans stock, folks. It's about to be traded on the penny markets.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Titans WRs should rethink their concerns:

According to charting done by Football Outsiders, both Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter finished in the top-12 wide receivers who saw the highest rates of "uncatchable" targets in 2014.

Football Outsiders charted 27 of Hunter's 67 targets as uncatchable, good for a whopping 40.3-percent clip that "led" all wide receivers. Wright runs routes closer to the line of scrimmage -- more high-percentage stuff -- yet still saw 30 uncatchable balls among 93 targets (32.3 percent). Hunter is in danger of losing his starting job to rookie Dorial Green-Beckham, but Wright could take a decent-sized PPR leap if Marcus Mariota is more efficient than Tennessee's 2014 motley crew of Jake Locker, Charlie Whitehurst, and Zach Mettenberger.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my reaction and that's the appropriate reaction from the Titans WRs as well.

QB was the LAST thing Tenn needed at the moment.

Many of us were saying the same thing pre draft. Who knows maybe Zach keeps his job during camp? He'll still get murdered back there so not sure how long he'll keep it assuming he does keep the starting job.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How they didn't trade down... just /facepalm. Apparently rumor is 2015 1st, 2016 1st, a 3rd and Fletcher Cox from Eagles. That would've been BEAST. Cox would've been a big upgrade for their 3-4 D-Line which surrendered the second most rushing yards per game in a division with ONLY Arian Foster as a relevant runningback (seriously?). Then use that 1st rounder to snag Dupree, Ray, or one of the O-Lineman to replace Roos or upgrade your terrible interior line.

I don't even... whatever. Mettenberger played VERY well for the crap team he was on. The guy had ZERO supporting cast and was constantly playing from behind.

QB was the LAST thing Tenn needed at the moment. Now we all get to witness a QB that ran the most simplistic offense in college transition to one of if not the most complicated offenses run by Wisenhunt. The Titans are WAY more than a QB away from being a contender and could've built up that team a TON by trading the 2nd overall. Instead they take a QB with TONS of question marks at the NFL level.

To SteelersPride, see above mostly, but Mettenberger played well with the tools he had. The only great talent on that offense which isn't even top 3 in the league is Walker. They had zero run game, average WRs, and the interior line is disastrous. Yes they did some things to shore that up with a couple draft picks but Green-Beckham may quickly turn on Mariota if he doesn't light it up and they did nothing to improve a pedestrian defense which can't stop the run in perhaps the worst rushing division (outside of Houston) in the NFL.
Seems most are ignoring the "elephant in the room" Nobody was willing to buy up. The top choices in the draft were not better than the 15th through 30th. You can't sell if nobody is buying!

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Titans WRs should rethink their concerns:

According to charting done by Football Outsiders, both Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter finished in the top-12 wide receivers who saw the highest rates of "uncatchable" targets in 2014.

Football Outsiders charted 27 of Hunter's 67 targets as uncatchable, good for a whopping 40.3-percent clip that "led" all wide receivers. Wright runs routes closer to the line of scrimmage -- more high-percentage stuff -- yet still saw 30 uncatchable balls among 93 targets (32.3 percent). Hunter is in danger of losing his starting job to rookie Dorial Green-Beckham, but Wright could take a decent-sized PPR leap if Marcus Mariota is more efficient than Tennessee's 2014 motley crew of Jake Locker, Charlie Whitehurst, and Zach Mettenberger.
LOL. Not saying DGB won't start but damn, has he even had his first practice yet?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers would trade them Landry Jones for Mettenberger... Pretty fair trade if you ask me :whistle:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems most are ignoring the "elephant in the room" Nobody was willing to buy up. The top choices in the draft were not better than the 15th through 30th. You can't sell if nobody is buying!

True, and the reason I think the Titans should have taken Kelly's offer.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Mariota pick was a big middle finger to Mettenberger. I mean, he hasn't proven himself yet, but the Titans could have gotten way more value by trading down and declaring Mettenberger their starter.