• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! WIS TO TITANS!!!! WTF!!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing positive to come out of this. Detroit isn't going to get the coach they wanted and they waited so long, that every other option is already with other teams, so they are going to be stuck with whoever is left over. Which in this case -- it'll more than likely be Caldwell.

You choose not to look at anything positive, your choice.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but as offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens this year -- he led the Ravens to the 29th best offense in the NFL.

I was having a good day -- I couldn't wait to hear when they were going to announce the new head coach and now I come home to hear this. Damn you Lions Front Office -- you should all be fired.

Yeah, same here. Hadnt paid any attention to sports today. Kept thinking about when KW would be announced........ Then this shit. I had Flacco in several fantasy leagues. Dude sucked balls this year. I haven't been this pissed off on account of the Lions in atleast three weeks. Eat a dick Mayhew. Phil Rivers gets his shit together and JoeBlow regresses more than Staff....... Cue the fucking clown music.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the bullshit begin:

19m Dungy isn't the only one who endorsed Jim Caldwell to the #Lions. I'm also hearing quarterback Peyton Manning did too.

"Jim did a great job of staying the fuck out of my way." - Peyton Manning

Wtf is wrong with two of the most respected people in the NFL giving their honest opinion? I know u don't like Peyton, that's prolly why it bothers u so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The positive is that Ford Sr. will be recognized by Al Sharpton as the first NFL owner to ever hire his Rooney Rule candidate.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's nothing positive to look at man. This franchise is fucking pathetic. They can't even lie about the quality of their open head coaching position. I bet Jags fans are laughing at us.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is positive about this? Detroit is stacked with talent and have a top 10 pick in the upcoming draft -- they went as far as scheduling a flight this morning to go to San Diego to pick up Wisehunt and by the afternoon, he turns his back and signs on with Tennessee.

So while the Lions watched all these teams sign head coaches -- they are now relegated to bringing in Jim Caldwell, whose offense ranked 29th in the NFL this year with him as the OC.

As I said -- Detroit won't be naming a head coach -- they will be handing the job to whoever by default.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing positive to look at man. This franchise is fucking pathetic. They can't even lie about the quality of their open head coaching position. I bet Jags fans are laughing at us.

1000% agree. How sad is it, when the Free Press and News are reporting about WCF's private jet sitting on the runway waiting to go pick up Wisehunt, only to have him sign on to coach another team by the afternoon. ONLY THE FRICKIN' LIONS.

Wait for a couple weeks while all the other quality coaches are hired away by other teams and the guy they are waiting for signs on with Tennessee. Good Lord. It is depressing to be a Lions fan today!!!

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have just been Wis'ed on

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear this is as bad as free agency. The guy decided to go somewhere else. This kind of shit happens. My guess is Lewand and Mayhew told him that the team is fairly well built and we really don't want to switch to the 3-4 that you are used to using. He probably decided then that he would likely take another job. I don't blame him. I'm as disappointed as anyone else. This is the first time we've had a coaching search that it actually seemed like we would hire the guy I wanted. Obviously that wasn't meant to be. I can't say that it means Lewand and Mayhew fucked it up but it figures that most of you are taking that stance. I mean there is a possibility that Whisenhunt just prefered the Titans, right?

I agree about not wanting Caldwell. He just doesn't feel like the right guy. If he's hired hopefully we're wrong about him. I'll say one thing about him though. Everyone keeps saying he just rode Peyton Manning to a Superbowl but I think if he was able to coax Peyton Manning into taking his fucking hands from around his throat long enough get to a Superbowl then he deserves praise, not ridicule!!!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Whis as much as everyone else. But what other "quality" coaches were out there to sign?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smh.

I told you guys we werent getting him. The Lions never get the good people. That should tell everyone how bad the Lions are right now because they were supposed to be the best opening. What a joke

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean there is a possibility that Whisenhunt just prefered the Titans, right?
Gotta agree here. Just bc we wanted Whis doesn't mean he wanted the Lions. Maybe he preferred something about Tenn over Detroit? If so, like I said we have to move on. Getting pissed won't change that he isn't coming to the D.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is certainly a breaking point.. FUCK YOU MAYHEW AND FUCK YOU FORDS!! THIS FRANCHISE IS GARBAGE!!! HOT FUCKING GARBAGE!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report the Lions are focusing on Ravens OC Jim Caldwell for their head-coaching vacancy.

I hope Caldwell shares half his salary with buddy/promoter Tony Dungy. He sold the Lions hook, line and sinker. Wow.Tony Dungy loves the Lions, says they're close to Super Bowl
“I will tell you this Dan, I think the best job out there is the Detroit Lions, I think they’re a Super Bowl team,’’ Dungy said.

Then Patrick said, “So if you were coming back.’’

“That’s the job I would want, I think they’re closest to the Super Bowl. You look for things, you look for a franchise quarterback in this day and age, you want to have a passing game because this game is all about passing. You want people who can rush the passer and protect the lead, Detroit has all of that.

“Then you throw in two really good tight ends, a couple of running backs who can make things happen. They’ve got everything they need and eight wins won the division this year so you’re in the right division,’’ Dungy said. “And you’ve got an owner that doesn’t meddle, he’s not going to come in and tell you play this guy cut this guy, draft this guy.

“It’s a perfect situation. If I was ever coming back it would be for that job,’’ the 58-year-old Dungy said.

"But I'm not. So you should hire my bro Jimmy Caldwell I taught him everything I know. " Dungy finished with.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be alone(and I'm sure I am), but I'd be ok with Caldwell. He had success with Peyton and Luck. He may not be the flashiest hire, but I'd rather him than Munchak.

He never had Luck.. Maybe you mean Flacco..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just say, "fuck it" and go after Kevin Sumlin?