• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Team's Future Would You Want

What Team's Future Would You Want

• Charlotte Hornets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets/New York Knicks (Note Which in Thread)

• Detroit Pistons

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Boston Celtics

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Denver Nuggets

• Indiana Pacers

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Utah Jazz

• Sacramento Kings

• Orlando Magic

• Philadelphia 76ers

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Minnesota Timberwolves

• Los Angeles Lakers

• Total voters

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of these teams, which team's future would you want if you could choose? You could think long-term, short-term, whatever. However, we are not talking about franchises or locations, etc. I'm strictly talking about personnel, coach, GM, owner, draft picks, etc. (Not the Lakers multiple rings, Celtics storied history, etc.)

Charlotte Hornets
Brooklyn Nets/New York Knicks (Can only have 12 spots on a poll)
Detroit Pistons
Boston Celtics
Denver Nuggets
Indiana Pacers
Utah Jazz
Sacramento Kings
Orlando Magic
Philadelphia 76ers
Minnesota Timberwolves
Los Angeles Lakers

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I could have traded Minnesota for Miami, but at the time felt they were too close to really be a bubble team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the above. Give me the Golden State Warriors.

Duh. If not that, the Spurs, Atlanta, Memphis, or the Rockets. The point was to eliminate the obvious. :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have said, which team will have the best future of these teams (limit 10 years, because you know, the Lakers will eventually draw a young superstar. Hence, an unlimited future in time would make the question pointless). Adding the whole "would you want" part of it mucks it up.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have said, which team will have the best future of these teams (limit 10 years, because you know, the Lakers will eventually draw a young superstar. Hence, an unlimited future in time would make the question pointless). Adding the whole "would you want" part of it mucks it up.

Golden State is a young team. It's not like they've got a bunch of vets entering the final years of their careers or a bunch of bad contracts. This team is going to be good for awhile.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is a young team. It's not like they've got a bunch of vets entering the final years of their careers or a bunch of bad contracts. This team is going to be good for awhile.

Yep, that's why I considered Golden State to be a no-brainer choice. Any of the top teams were no-brainer over they have-nots, that I'm looking for someone below that. I put up non-playoff teams and wanted to know who, of those, had the brightest future. Not of the whole NBA.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choice...

Depends on what you value.

The Lakers have a ton of Cap space and a ton of History on it's side. But, no good young talent outside of Randle and Clarkson. * would change if they keep their pick *

The 76ers, Magic, Jazz and Minny have a ton of young talent. But, have a hard time holding onto players.

So, I'll take the happy medium and go with the Celtics.

They have nice, young talent in Smart, Bradley, Olynk, nice trade chips in Sullinger, Bass and a zillion 1st round draft picks. They have a ton of cap, plus, the Franchise has a lot of prestige.

Denver, Sacto, Indy are in trouble. They have middle of the road talent in Indy and Denver and the Kings can't gain traction because they play in the BRUTAL Pacific division.

Last edited by a moderator:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choice...

Depends on what you value.

The Lakers have a ton of Cap space and a ton of History on it's side. But, no good young talent outside of Randle and Clarkson. * would change if they keep their pick *

The 76ers, Magic, Jazz and Minny have a ton of young talent. But, have a hard time holding onto players.

So, I'll take the happy medium and go with the Celtics.

They have nice, young talent in Smart, Bradley, Olynk, nice trade chips in Sullinger, Bass and a zillion 1st round draft picks. They have a ton of cap, plus, the Franchise has a lot of prestige.

Denver, Sacto, Indy are in trouble. They have middle of the road talent in Indy and Denver and the Kings can't gain traction because they play in the BRUTAL Pacific division.

MECCA!!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana Pacers have Paul George, a good coach and they seem to get by without getting top 5 picks.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with the homer pick of the Pistons. I do believe that they are close, really just needing a quality SF and Jennings to continue to mature. Of course that all depends on them resigning Monroe, which is more likely with Smith having been cut, but still far, far from a sure thing. Even with me leading the trade Josh Smith parade since the off-season, I was amazed at the Pistons turn around once he was cut.

After my homer pick it is hard for me not to see upside for the Sixers. A lot of young talent and a ton of picks. If they can keep players from leaving and get healthy their future should be bright....but it is hard to retain players when almost every pasture currently looks greener.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the list, I'd go with Boston. Their assets just give them a ton of flexibility. They could easily end up with the #1 overall pick this year to go along with the promising young guys they already have and still have a ton of other draft picks over the next 4 years or so. And since all their current roster is young guys, their cap is low, giving them even further flexibility to work the trade market since they don't have to take on a dollar for dollar deal (they are under the cap). So they could potentially draft a guy like Okafor, pair him with Marcus Smart, and use those picks/other players and trade for a star that wants out. They literally have every tool in front of them to build a team. Nothing is off limits.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with sixers but I feel they could go either way...either this young core will grow into a legit threat, or they get the losing culture and can't get out of it.

Orlando also has a possible shot at a good future.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go with the Sixers

Noel, Embiid, Dario Saric, MCW, another top 3 pick after this year, Covington definitely will be a solid rotation guy too....

all though it is disgraceful that MCW is shooting 38% from the field and 25% from 3...those are like Chalmers or Rubio shooting numbers

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dario Saric, but still don't trust either of Embiid or Noel's long term health. Also, MCW is completely overrated. He isn't special... horrible FG percentage and too many TO's. He benefits from inflated #'s due to being surrounded by shit.

76ers still need to hit a home run in this upcoming draft for me to even look at them.

Boston has picks and young talent along with tradition so they'd be my first choice. Indy would be my first choice if PG3 comes back 100 percent though.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, scratch that... Orlando would be my pick. Oladipo & Vucevic are both supreme talents and very young. Plus other decent core guys like Harris, Payton, Gordon, etc. They are a vet or two away from being a scary team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets are definitely in last place.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2