• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Super Bowl Scenario?

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any possible match would generate as much pre game hype as the Harbowl part II as well as viewer and commercial revenue. The Giants/Patriots SB rematch scenario is pretty good but still not as unique and intriguing. I know its looking past the upcoming game and all but just been thinking about it. Any thoughts?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think from an entertainment stand point on a global scale from the media perspective, hype machine, etc...its Giant Pats for sure. High powered offense, rematch of arguably the greatest Superbowl ever, with 2 elite QBs.

The Niners Ravens game will feature 2 QBs who are looked at as game managers with good defense. Probably another low scoring affair. Obviously we would all love to see this but we are all bias. Heard a good point on the radio this morning, that when the coaching matchup is the biggest draw (Harbaugh bowl) then it's not the best game.

Niners Pats would be interesting. Similar to this past game. They can put up a lot of points, and basically won the lotto when Denver beat Pittsburgh. The NFC playoff teams were leaps and bounds better than the AFC this year.

In the end, I only care that the Niners get there. Scratch that... I care that they get there and win. I could give two shits what the rest of the world wants to see.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I WANT TO PLAY THE PATRIOTS

I want the Niners to play the Patriots I want ESPN to hype up Tom Brady and Bellichick all week and downgrade us then I want us to prove them all wrong and beat the Patriots 31 to 24 in the Superbowl with Tom Brady being sacked by Aldon Smith or Aldon Smith and we win the game. Harbaugh wins the Superbowl in the city of the theam that he almost lead to a Superbowl

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the media can create more than enough hype regardless of who gets in.

i just want to get in first, cause obviously the Giants are a good TEAM. thought they were the most balanced before this weekend, hence a dangerous foe.

as in most games, it'll start with turnovers by far, next by major penalties.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the media can create more than enough hype regardless of who gets in.

i just want to get in first, cause obviously the Giants are a good TEAM. thought they were the most balanced before this weekend, hence a dangerous foe.

as in most games, it'll start with turnovers by far, next by major penalties.

Yep, I don't care about the hype or the matchup... I just want the 49ers to get there.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A video on NFL.com outlined some of the storylines for all of the four remaining teams:

Giants & Pats = Obvious
49ers & Pats = Offense/Defense Argument
Giants & Ravens = Eli playing in the building Peyton built
49ers & Ravens = Obvious
49ers & Either = Jim Harbaugh playing in the stadium that bares his name in the "Ring of Honor"

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What's intriguing about the possible match ups is the under the table advantages that will be in play for the game.

What I mean for example is the Patriots hire of Josh Mcdaniels. All the focus was on the edge he would give the Pats over the Broncos but what I haven't heard what was talked about and what might be an even bigger edge is the Rams had played all the teams in the NFC divisional playoffs (man thinking about that just shows how badly the Rams got screwed on the schedule) so Mcdaniels has previous and recent preparation against all the potential Super Bowl opponents.

But on the flip side the Harbaugh brothers could be a big edge in all of this also. If it's Pats vs 49ers or Ravens vs Giants than that means one Harbaugh is going to have a full weeks worth of prep work to offer to the other one which could be a big advantage because other coaches might notice things your own staff might miss or save you time by giving you insight they already discovered themselves.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A video on NFL.com outlined some of the storylines for all of the four remaining teams:

Giants & Pats = Obvious
49ers & Pats = Offense/Defense Argument
Giants & Ravens = Eli playing in the building Peyton built
49ers & Ravens = Obvious
49ers & Either = Jim Harbaugh playing in the stadium that bares his name in the "Ring of Honor"

I forgot about the storyline involving Baltimore having left Indianapolis...which can be found in the video at the link that '83 posted just above this post...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La Canfora picks against us again. That piece of shit might just be our lucky charm.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have to get there, just because Jim Harbaugh's name is on the ring of honor in Indianapolis.

3038855531_651f251516.jpg