• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What should the Hawks do About losing Kearse?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to get your take on the WR position with out Kearse there? I feel we are ok but Kearse added size even if he wasn't a huge WR he played bigger. Solid #3 WR no doubt and could some times be a #2.

Draft one in the 5th 6th round? Undrafted Free Agent after the Draft? Or go with what we got and hope one of the bigger PS WR takes a big step? players like Fuller?, McNiel, Smith, Kasen Williams or a healthy Lockette ( hope he is doing good ).

What are your thoughts?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Game Kearse! I'd like him back at the right price but if someone wants to give him Golden Tate money go get your check Kearse.

He's more than replaceable but man he's had some of the best catches in franchise history

- 4th down touchdown vs 49ers in 2014 NFC Championship (We may not win that game if we don't get that touchdown)

- Game winning touchdown vs Green Bay in the 2015 NFC Championship

- Circus catch to put us in position to win the Superbowl vs New England (That could have gone down as the David Tyree catch that gets replayed over and over for decades...if only if only)

Not to mention his huge game against Carolina in the playoffs this year. His crazy pinball touchdown in Superbowl 48. Jermaine just has a knack for the big play in the most crucial moments. He will be missed but I think we can find someone through the draft. No Kearse will also allow Lockett to continue to grow as the definitive #2.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Kearse stated he was not coming back to Seattle, so him here i feel is no longer an Option for even the team if they wanted to resign him before he stated that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Game Kearse! I'd like him back at the right price but if someone wants to give him Golden Tate money go get your check Kearse.

He's more than replaceable but man he's had some of the best catches in franchise history

- 4th down touchdown vs 49ers in 2014 NFC Championship (We may not win that game if we don't get that touchdown)

- Game winning touchdown vs Green Bay in the 2015 NFC Championship

- Circus catch to put us in position to win the Superbowl vs New England (That could have gone down as the David Tyree catch that gets replayed over and over for decades...if only if only)

Not to mention his huge game against Carolina in the playoffs this year. His crazy pinball touchdown in Superbowl 48. Jermaine just has a knack for the big play in the most crucial moments. He will be missed but I think we can find someone through the draft. No Kearse will also allow Lockett to continue to grow as the definitive #2.

Agree with every thing you said specially the part I highlighted. I think Kearse would be a nice #3 receiver, but Lockett should be a better #2 IMO.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't gone anywhere yet, but losing him wouldn't cripple the position. Richardson on his way back, Baldwin & Lockett. Graham out there quite often. This is mostly about the QB anyway.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough pretending graham is a TE, he should be treated as a wr. Go get a blocking TE like the guy NE released.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough pretending graham is a TE, he should be treated as a wr. Go get a blocking TE like the guy NE released.

I dont think hes a good enough route runner to line up against corners every down. Lockett and Baldwin would run circles around him in terms of getting open outside.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have won considerably with pedestrian WR's. Richardson coming back, Wiliam's and Smith looked great in TC last year. Maybe Lockette comes back, maybe not. We might draft one and of course, many UDFA's will want a shot here as it has been proven that our coaching staff can coach the WR position up!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't gone anywhere yet, but losing him wouldn't cripple the position. Richardson on his way back, Baldwin & Lockett. Graham out there quite often. This is mostly about the QB anyway.

Exactly...

IMO, Kearse is a journeyman type of receiver, easily replaceable...

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chandler isn't a blocking TE. I was pretty surprised he did so poorly in NE last season.

Kearse is a good player. You don't pay your good players so that you can pay your great ones.

And, at the risk of waking up the sleeping CHF, maybe we'll get some better blocking on our WR screens now ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the playoff game against the Panthers. Got to say Kearse was great in the second half.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler isn't a blocking TE. I was pretty surprised he did so poorly in NE last season.

Kearse is a good player. You don't pay your good players so that you can pay your great ones.

And, at the risk of waking up the sleeping CHF, maybe we'll get some better blocking on our WR screens now ;)

I laughed. Just a little.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Kearse stated he was not coming back to Seattle, so him here i feel is no longer an Option for even the team if they wanted to resign him before he stated that.
No, an ESPN guy said that he isn't coming back to Seattle. Unless I missed something.

If a team offers him enough money then he would be stupid not to go.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the free market brings to Kearse. The draft seems weak at the WR position, but a fair amount of talent at WR on the market.Travis Benjamin, Brandon LeFell, Marvin Jones, Rishard Matthews, Rueben Randle, Mohamed Sanu, James Jones, maybe Kearse finds the market not such a bonanza.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012-2015

1599 Yds
112 Recs
14.3 Avg
10 TD's

I like JK and he's made some amazing plays, but these numbers don't scream mega deal. There's a possibility some team does over pay and good for him if he gets that pay day but I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle can get him back at the price they think he's worth.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were one season theyd scream mega deal.

I stand corrected, i should have said graham from the texans.

Last edited:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen more than a few people bring up Richardson when listing the reasons why the Hawks will be okay at receiver without Kearse and as optimistic as I try to be about everything, this guy has spent half of his very short career on IR. He's got the potential to make losing Kearse a smaller loss than it could be, but he's gotta stay on the field for at least a whole season (including the playoffs) before I can add him to that list. Nothing is a given with him at this point.

I'm on board with splitting Graham out wide or at least putting him in the slot more this year, but it also wouldn't hurt if he worked harder on his blocking now that he knows what's expected of him here. If it turns out that blocking just isn't something that he's going to be good at consistently, then it would be wise to find a good blocking tight end in the draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett, Richardson, Baldwin and another late round draft pick who is athletically gifted.

WR is not the issue with this team.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some rumblings that the Hawks are interested in Rishard Matthews from the Dolphins. I don't get that at all. If we're going to (we shouldn't) spend FA coin on a WR2/WR3 type of reciever, I'd rather stick with Kearse.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some rumblings that the Hawks are interested in Rishard Matthews from the Dolphins. I don't get that at all. If we're going to (we shouldn't) spend FA coin on a WR2/WR3 type of reciever, I'd rather stick with Kearse.

Think the Seahawks are checking out possibilities. I'm sure they would rather keep Krease also, but the budget is tight, so they are searching for bang for their buck kind of deals.