• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What NFL coach fired today will get another shot?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five HC's fired today, some deserved it, some not so much. Out of the five that got their pink slips today, who do you think has the best shot at success if they get another chance?

I like what Leslie Frazier did with the Vikings. Considering he never had a good quarterback, he always had his team ready to play every game...Good NFL coach IMO. Deserves another shot at HC.

Jim Schwartz...acted like he had won something before, big mistake. Eat some humble pie, go be a DC again for a couple of years, and maybe you get another shot.

Rob Chudzinski...Home town boy, a little surprised by this one after only one season. Solid NFL coach, but might be best as an assistant.

Greg Schiano...should have stayed in College, his personality doesn't work with today's NFL players.

Mike Shanahan...I thought, like most with all his NFL experiences he would bring stability to this franchise. But instead leaves it with a dark cloud over the franchise influenced by his personal agenda in the form of "leaks" to make himself look better before he was shown the door. Hell no, he doesn't deserve another HC job in the NFL!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people don't realize that Shanahan has exactly 1 playoff win since the day John Elway retired. Think he might end up in a booth somewhere, though.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frazier should and chudzinski as well

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mike wants another gig, some one will offer it to him. Dan Snyder has gotten himself a reputation that no one can win for him. So some one will take a shot on Mike, although I doubt any one will give him full control ever again.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alas alack, Jim Schwartz.. that division was there to be had.

If Leslie Frazier gets a chance again, I think he'd have some success. He looks the rosiest out of the names mentioned.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mike wants another gig, some one will offer it to him. Dan Snyder has gotten himself a reputation that no one can win for him. So some one will take a shot on Mike, although I doubt any one will give him full control ever again.

And therein lies the rub. This is why I have always advocated never hiring ex-SB coaches & instead going after NFL asst coaches for openings. The ex-SB coaches almost always come with a huge ego & generally demand also having GM or personnel type responsibilities. In almost all cases it fails as we have seen with Shanahan, Gibbs-II, Holmgren, Seafort, etc.

Snyder is certainly not innocent in all of this. However - let's be real & place a big part of the blame on Shanahan himself. I am so tired of everyone blaming everything on Snyder & RG3 when it was obvious that there were numerous problems that were the result of Mike Shanahan (e.g. sorry ST coach). We can all only now watch during the offseason and hope for the best.