• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What it is to be a Bronco

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven takeaways from Broncos rookie minicamp: Paxton Lynch, changing the practices, and more

This caught my eye as very cool to read:

5. A key point of emphasis: learning "what it is to be a Bronco."

That, above all else, is what Kubiak wants his newest players to take from the weekend's work.

"We get four football practices, and we're going to throw a lot at them from that standpoint," Kubiak said. "But I just hope they get a feel for being around this building, understanding how we want them to go about their business, deal with you guys [the media], understanding who they are in this town when they're working.

"When they walk in the locker room Monday, I'd like to get them as comfortable as I can, because that's a big shock for them. A little bit of football, and a lot about life here for a couple of days."

So what does that mean?

6. So what does it mean to "be a Bronco"?

Simmons listened intently at meetings and offered his take on that phrase.

"It's tradition. It's the winning tradition. It's carrying yourself with class, high character -- and most importantly, and I think Coach Kubiak hits it hard, it's carrying yourself as a professional," he said.

"It's no longer Boston College in front of my name, or even my last time, with Simmons. It's Denver Broncos before anything else.

"In doing that, it's more than myself. It's more than even the people that have come just a little bit before me. It's that past tradition; it's that winning tradition.

"It means a lot. It makes you want to carry yourself the right way. and have the right mindset when you're in the facility, and even out off the field, as well."

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is unimportant and I don't think it is surprising that Justin Simmons is the guy trying to make himself an expert on what it means to be a Bronco. Glad to see Simmons and Parks - teaming up as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this is definitely an underrated part of the game. Winning teams just seem to continue to win because the organization has a mentality from the top on down that we refuse to be anything but a winning organization. So it is great to see the rookies really taking the time to learn of that mentality. Also I love that we got back to drafting guys who were captains of their team. At least from what I have read all 3 of our 1st 3 picks were captains. We starting this year and next are going to be losing a lot of leadership with Manning already gone and most likely Ware gone after this season so getting some guys in the building who can learn from them and then fill that void is huge.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Safety Position IMO buy mid Season will be the best ever depth wise . So we are blessed fan wise ..

DC should be giddy about our S and the Depth .. We are most defiantly living high on the hog ..