• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the mood like in Seattle?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both down big over last year. The offense has taken a large step backwards, its obvious. Of course people will have excuses like injuries etc.

Since you were bitching and complaining all last year, why does last year even matter? I'm sure you won't be happy with the Hawks even if they score 600 points and 7000 yards. Always something to bitch about.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you were bitching and complaining all last year, why does last year even matter? I'm sure you won't be happy with the Hawks even if they score 600 points and 7000 yards. Always something to bitch about.

Remind me how last year ended... oh ya, our offense shit the bed in the first half against carolina after shitting the bed entirely against minnesota.

And i know, you will blame the carolina loss on the defense despite our O turning it over, giving up a pick 6, and doing literally nothing the first half.

Just the same old story

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me how last year ended... oh ya, our offense shit the bed in the first half against carolina after shitting the bed entirely against minnesota.

And i know, you will blame the carolina loss on the defense despite our O turning it over, giving up a pick 6, and doing literally nothing the first half.

Just the same old story

I don't blame the defense, I blame Russell Wilson for putting the defense in a tough spot and not stepping it up until it was too late. So, what's your point? Oh, yeah - you don't have one.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to have a worthwhile discussion with someone who uses so much hyperbole and sees things on the extreme. Not sure how you guys sticking with it!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to have a worthwhile discussion with someone who uses so much hyperbole and sees things on the extreme. Not sure how you guys sticking with it!
You can always use the ignore poster button. I been told by those that use it that it made reading threads much more enjoyable. Just an idea....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always use the ignore poster button. I been told by those that use it that it made reading threads much more enjoyable. Just an idea....
Oh yeah I know....I don't need an ignore button to do that though. I just don't bother responding to that guy anymore.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I know....I don't need an ignore button to do that though. I just don't bother responding to that guy anymore.

It does take away the temptation though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that the fans are spoiled that is the cause of why there isn't as much excitement over being a playoff team as prior years, it's that we know what a championship teams looks like and this doesn't look like that.

Honestly we can't win as fans. If we are down a bit on our chances because Thomas is out, worst running game basically in team history, pass rush hasn't been very effective, special teams has been horrible, had to take Hester off the trash heap just to have anyone back to field punts, etc, it means we are acting like a spoiled fan base that expects too much.

If we are high on our team and expect to win it all we look like noobs that can't recognize all of those difficulties we are facing and how much tougher that road is this year than it was the two SB run years because of losing all of that HFA on top of our issues.

Sure, it's tempered enthusiasm at best and that's all it probably should be. Anyone following this team knows the struggles they have had and know they do not look like the same deep playoff threat they have been in recent years. That doesn't mean any window is closed or other such nonsense. Get healthy in the off season and work again on building any kind of decent line and finding improvements at RB and they could easily be back to their '13/'14 form next season. Just wasn't our year this year and that's ok. They can't all be SB winning seasons.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can regroup and rebuild the offense, we have strong pieces just need a stronger foundation.

Redskins fired most of their defensive coaching staff today...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Never saw him as a lack of effort guy here, but I'll take your word for it. Haven't seen more than hilites of a Lions game for a while now.

I disagree with @broncosmitty on this. I am happy with what Tate has brought to the table. Our fistfight to resolve our difference of opinion on this is set for Sunday at dawn

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with @broncosmitty on this. I am happy with what Tate has brought to the table. Our fistfight to resolve our difference of opinion on this is set for Sunday at dawn
I won't fistfight you.

But I will slap fight like a bitch.

(You know from Pickems that my ass will not up at dawn on Sunday. Lol)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't fistfight you.

But I will slap fight like a bitch.

(You know from Pickems that my ass will not up at dawn on Sunday. Lol)

How do you resolve differences without fisticuffs? This is new territory for me

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that the fans are spoiled that is the cause of why there isn't as much excitement over being a playoff team as prior years, it's that we know what a championship teams looks like and this doesn't look like that.
Of course, the reason why we "know what a championship team looks like" is because we've been spoiled by seeing one for most of the past 4 seasons. That's sorta the point -- the great recent success has jacked up expectations at a way higher level than what most fanbases have. If we bow out @ Atlanta, most of us are going to look at this as a disappointing season. 70% of the other teams' fans would be pretty happy about season of 10+ wins and a playoff win. But we won't be...because we're spoiled. It's not a bad thing, just the reality.

And in the last 12 seasons, 17 teams have gone into the playoffs with a 5+ game win streak; none of them have won the SB. This team may not be playing its best football the last few weeks, but it doesn't necessarily foretell what will happen in the playoffs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, the reason why we "know what a championship team looks like" is because we've been spoiled by seeing one for most of the past 4 seasons. That's sorta the point -- the great recent success has jacked up expectations at a way higher level than what most fanbases have. If we bow out @ Atlanta, most of us are going to look at this as a disappointing season. 70% of the other teams' fans would be pretty happy about season of 10+ wins and a playoff win. But we won't be...because we're spoiled. It's not a bad thing, just the reality.

And in the last 12 seasons, 17 teams have gone into the playoffs with a 5+ game win streak; none of them have won the SB. This team may not be playing its best football the last few weeks, but it doesn't necessarily foretell what will happen in the playoffs.
Those are not inherently the same thing. You can both know what a championship team looks like/knowing this isn't one, and not be upset or off the deep end over not reaching the super bowl.

Most of us were more frustrated just seeing the same issues with the line and watching the run game just vanish more than the results themselves. Watching the defense give up late leads and seeing the long snapper be an issue were just things we aren't used to dealing with.

10 win team that won their division again isn't terrible. But knowing this team is capable of more with this group will have some spoiled. Just don't lump all of us in that category. We know the injuries and a few fixable issues left this season something that is likely to fall short of their goals. It's not the end of the world.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are not inherently the same thing. You can both know what a championship team looks like/knowing this isn't one, and not be upset or off the deep end over not reaching the super bowl.

Most of us were more frustrated just seeing the same issues with the line and watching the run game just vanish more than the results themselves. Watching the defense give up late leads and seeing the long snapper be an issue were just things we aren't used to dealing with.

10 win team that won their division again isn't terrible. But knowing this team is capable of more with this group will have some spoiled. Just don't lump all of us in that category. We know the injuries and a few fixable issues left this season something that is likely to fall short of their goals. It's not the end of the world.
Of course it's not the end of the world. I don't believe I've said differently or even came close to it. But we are likely going to be a 10-5-1 team that wins 1 playoff game and then loses in the 2nd round this year. And if that happens, we're going to be disappointed with how things went this season...mainly because of what the expectations were coming in. Those expectations are driven by the 4 previous seasons. If we came into this thing off 4 straight 6-10 seasons, then we wouldn't be disappointed with this one. We've been spoiled in that regard. Do you not agree with that?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans are cautiously optimistic but eager to see what the playoffs have in store for us

While others have already completely dismissed the season as a lost season with pitchforks ready to fire all staff and personnel

There's a line between being aware of the teams shortcomings and accepting the flaws of the team but staying optimistic and then there's constantly bitching with this world is caving in mind set any time something negative happens

Checking the pulse of this board sometimes you would think we finished where the Rams did

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking the pulse of this board sometimes you would think we finished where the Rams did
This is what frustrates me sometimes which is why I don't get involved much on here. I watch some games and get extremely upset at watching the boys make stupid mistakes and play ugly football but when it's over, I leave it behind. And it goes both ways, doesn't it? When we went into Foxboro and played arguably our best game of the season and beat the best team in football, people were going nuts about the team. Not just fans but the media was even worse. Another over-reaction to a single game.
Honestly, the regular season and all the up and down crap we went through means absolutely nothing right now. We got into the dance and with a relatively weak field defensively, aside from NY, we have as good a shot as anyone to make a run. There's a lot of unknowns going into the play-offs for every team in there. We still have the guys on this team that know what it takes to win. Put all the BS behind and just go play and let the chips fall where they may, I say. I still see a realistic chance (maybe 35- 40%) of hosting the NFCCG. I think we should beat the Lions and can beat the Falcons if we play well. It only takes someone to upset Dallas which is very possible considering either the Packers or Giants are likely going there.
If I'm wrong and we shit the bed, so be it. Life will go on. It's just a game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what frustrates me sometimes which is why I don't get involved much on here. I watch some games and get extremely upset at watching the boys make stupid mistakes and play ugly football but when it's over, I leave it behind. And it goes both ways, doesn't it? When we went into Foxboro and played arguably our best game of the season and beat the best team in football, people were going nuts about the team. Not just fans but the media was even worse. Another over-reaction to a single game.
Honestly, the regular season and all the up and down crap we went through means absolutely nothing right now. We got into the dance and with a relatively weak field defensively, aside from NY, we have as good a shot as anyone to make a run. There's a lot of unknowns going into the play-offs for every team in there. We still have the guys on this team that know what it takes to win. Put all the BS behind and just go play and let the chips fall where they may, I say. I still see a realistic chance (maybe 35- 40%) of hosting the NFCCG. I think we should beat the Lions and can beat the Falcons if we play well. It only takes someone to upset Dallas which is very possible considering either the Packers or Giants are likely going there.
If I'm wrong and we shit the bed, so be it. Life will go on. It's just a game.
I agree. Right now Seahawks got a chance to go to the SB, which is more then 20 other teams can say. Lets try to enjoy the opportunity at hand.