• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Realistic For The Rest of the Season?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story and theme of the 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers season will be injuries.

QB1: Ben Roethlisberger - Season-ending injury Week 2.
QB2: Mason Rudolph - Concussion, missed 1 game.
RB1: James Conner - Multiple injuries, missed 2 games.
RB2: Jaylen Samuels - Knee injury, missed 2 games.
RB3: Benny Snell - Knee injury, missed 3 games.
FB1: Roosevelt Nix - Season-ending knee injury Week 10.
WR2: James Washington - Shoulder injury, missed 1 game.
WR4: Ryan Switzer - Season-ending back injury Week 10.
TE1: Vance McDonald - Foot Injury, missed 1 game.

With the concussions of JuJu Smith-Schuster and Diontae Johnson, it's quite possible that every single member of our offense (not including the offensive line), will have missed time due to injuries this year. We've had to rely on a 3rd string QB, 4th string RB and our RB corps has played musical chairs with their injuries all year long.

With this said, and with the unknown severity of the concussions for JuJu and Diontae, what is a realistic expectation for the rest of this season?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the concussions of JuJu Smith-Schuster and Diontae Johnson, it's quite possible that every single member of our offense (not including the offensive line), will have missed time due to injuries this year. We've had to rely on a 3rd string QB, 4th string RB and our RB corps has played musical chairs with their injuries all year long.

With this said, and with the unknown severity of the concussions for JuJu and Diontae, what is a realistic expectation for the rest of this season?
I agree the story is injuries. But it started with Ben. Once we lost him, realistically, where were we going? The d is lights out. Minkah is great. I eat my words on that trade. But we played cupcakes. Maybe it was a bad game. But the offense is terrible. We can’t score. Can’t go anywhere like that.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the story is injuries. But it started with Ben. Once we lost him, realistically, where were we going? The d is lights out. Minkah is great. I eat my words on that trade. But we played cupcakes. Maybe it was a bad game. But the offense is terrible. We can’t score. Can’t go anywhere like that.

Yeah I wasn't on board with giving a 1st for Minkah either but I am gladly taking the L on that one lol. I can't really see us going anywhere, even if we make the playoffs, which I do think we can do. But these injuries are killing us. This offense can't operate properly with new tenants in the building every game and either Mason himself or Fichtner is not letting Mason play to his full potential by not driving the ball down the field.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wasn't on board with giving a 1st for Minkah either but I am gladly taking the L on that one lol. I can't really see us going anywhere, even if we make the playoffs, which I do think we can do. But these injuries are killing us. This offense can't operate properly with new tenants in the building every game and either Mason himself or Fichtner is not letting Mason play to his full potential by not driving the ball down the field.
honest question. you watch mason drop back, he takes one read, and either goes there, or panics and dumps it. Do you think its possible, that there are some crossing routes, intermediate reads, and downfield shots dialed in, but mason just doesnt see it. Unless the bomb shot is the first read, he never seems to go there. You can see the plays, like to to holton, where the go route is called, and mason goes right to it........

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest question. you watch mason drop back, he takes one read, and either goes there, or panics and dumps it. Do you think its possible, that there are some crossing routes, intermediate reads, and downfield shots dialed in, but mason just doesnt see it. Unless the bomb shot is the first read, he never seems to go there. You can see the plays, like to to holton, where the go route is called, and mason goes right to it........

I would say that, during his first couple games, I noticed the panicky movements in his dropbacks and what not, for sure. I haven't noticed it as much recently, but they have been doing a lot of crossing routes like 4 yards from the LOS and lots of passes to the flat. He has the arm to fling the ball down the field but he's just not. Sometimes I want to blame Fichtner's play calling, but other times I want to blame Mason for not taking the chance. Last year, with Ben, the ball was thrown down the field a healthy amount so that makes me think that it's Mason's decision making. But could it be that Fichtner doesn't trust the young QB and is calling plays specifically to have him throw to the flat or not that far away from the LOS? I just want someone to blame! lol

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that, during his first couple games, I noticed the panicky movements in his dropbacks and what not, for sure. I haven't noticed it as much recently, but they have been doing a lot of crossing routes like 4 yards from the LOS and lots of passes to the flat. He has the arm to fling the ball down the field but he's just not. Sometimes I want to blame Fichtner's play calling, but other times I want to blame Mason for not taking the chance. Last year, with Ben, the ball was thrown down the field a healthy amount so that makes me think that it's Mason's decision making. But could it be that Fichtner doesn't trust the young QB and is calling plays specifically to have him throw to the flat or not that far away from the LOS? I just want someone to blame! lol

hahah i hear yah man but the panicky movements were there big time last game, he through the ball to an o lineman once he was so shaken,

there was one play that was a little screen, he went to the read, it was covered, he stutter stepped whipped his head right, left, right left, went right back to the screen, and through it in the ground by the covered player..

he does have the arm, theres no doubting that

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question.

The only good I can see with both concussed players is they have 9 days before the next game.

Short term...They could possibly beat CIN without them...Rudolph will be super inspired to beat CLE in the rematch. Big picture...they look like a first round L if they do stay in the race unless the D gets a score or 2 to help out the OFC...this OFC is not going on the road and putting up 20 pts on their own.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question.

The only good I can see with both concussed players is they have 9 days before the next game.

Short term...They could possibly beat CIN without them...Rudolph will be super inspired to beat CLE in the rematch. Big picture...they look like a first round L if they do stay in the race unless the D gets a score or 2 to help out the OFC...this OFC is not going on the road and putting up 20 pts on their own.
CIN... If Randy can get the TEs involved they could find some much needed relief in the passing game. But for whatever reason Randy despises using them more heavily. Honestly makes no sense. They'd rather lean on Johnny Holton. If its simply Mason failing to see them, I'd make it a HUGE focus this week if I were Randy. Implore Mason to use his TEs and get them to open up the center of the field. If they can make it work I honestly think it would do wonders for Mason's confidence.

And I'm with ya on the postseason. It's a 1 & done type of year if they make it. I could see them getting lucky in the WC round though. Lots of suspect AFC teams out there.