• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is it like using forgiving irons for a good golfer who prefers forged?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler

As far as some of those clubs that didn’t make it to the garage on your move...

If you don’t like a club for any reason, get rid of it. If the bounce doesn’t seem right or you just look at it and don’t like it/can’t hit it.. just let it go and go find one you like. Golf is so mental and you don’t want any negative creeping in

Thanks...most of those clubs were abandoned a long time ago...lol...parts of sets from years gone by.

You say that...I've been weighing the thought of replacing my 4H with a new one, but I don't dislike it...I normally hit it okay, mostly a case of upgraditous.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks...most of those clubs were abandoned a long time ago...lol...parts of sets from years gone by.

You say that...I've been weighing the thought of replacing my 4H with a new one, but I don't dislike it...I normally hit it okay, mostly a case of upgraditous.

I’ve got a Callaway steelhead III 3+ 13 degree 3wood I’ve had since 2004 in think. Actually got another one off eBay a few years ago.

Easiest wood to hit off the fairway and accurate as hell with it. Still can hit 260+ and even more off the tee

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got a Callaway steelhead III 3+ 13 degree 3wood I’ve had since 2004 in think. Actually got another one off eBay a few years ago.

Easiest wood to hit off the fairway and accurate as hell with it. Still can hit 260+ and even more off the tee

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

Very true...I wouldn't call it broke, but I did think it can be improved.

This is my go to club on #12 at my home course...190-210 yd par 3...left is pretty much an automatic 5...you can get up and down from the right with a good pitch or chip depending on how much you bail right.

My current 4h is offset more than my longest iron (5i) so I turn it over more than I can hit it straight or a fade....want a slightly more neutral setup on the replacement.