• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Irks You??

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch "your" show Masterchef last night Chef? If so, any idea on why the bald, skinny chef Joe has to be such a dick to everyone?

Damn, didn't realize it was on. As for Joe, he's like almost all celebrity chefs. Very talented, but think the world revolves around them. I got about halfway through his autobiography and couldn't take anymore. :hellno:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that Rickie "The Stikeout Machine" Weeks is the highest paid player on the Brewers roster.

Piece of shit - release this bum outright if you have to and bring in one of the young pups from AAA

Rickie Weeks is the highest paid Brewer? Really?!? How long is his contract?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something that has been bothering me since week two of the 2012 season. This looks like as good a place to get this off my chest as any.

I took a sabbatical of sorts from fantasy baseball for about the last 15...20 years. Back in those days, fantasy baseball was king. Fantasy football was nothing more than a luck-infested crapshoot to help get you to spring training. The reason was because of the nature of the game, fantasy football couldn't get away from the head-to-head format.

So when I come back, what has happened? Most everyone has adopted the one characteristic of fantasy football that made it inferior. What is worse than scoring the 2nd highest total of the week and going up against the one team that could beat you?

What happened to fantasy baseball? I can't leave you kids alone for a decade.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something that has been bothering me since week two of the 2012 season. This looks like as good a place to get this off my chest as any.

I took a sabbatical of sorts from fantasy baseball for about the last 15...20 years. Back in those days, fantasy baseball was king. Fantasy football was nothing more than a luck-infested crapshoot to help get you to spring training. The reason was because of the nature of the game, fantasy football couldn't get away from the head-to-head format.

So when I come back, what has happened? Most everyone has adopted the one characteristic of fantasy football that made it inferior. What is worse than scoring the 2nd highest total of the week and going up against the one team that could beat you?

What happened to fantasy baseball? I can't leave you kids alone for a decade.

You sir need to switch to Roto style fantasyball as opposed to head to head. That way, there is none of the frustration that you are describing above, as in Roto, it is the year long compilation of stats that give you your league ranking, and not a weekly battle against just one person and the guys on that squad. While I do have one H2H team this year, I also have 4 Roto ones, all with daily roster changes.

Oh, and I hope you have found the 999,999,999 helpful websites to help you in your play, as you no longer have to rely on the Wednesday edition of USA Today to get your stats ( I know I did when I started, back in 1990 ).

Signed,

Never will play fantasy football, as it is only weekly, and, as such, far to easy for my interest.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed,

Never will play fantasy football, as it is only weekly, and, as such, far to easy for my interest.

I take exception to this comment, but this is not the place to get into that debate. I will give you that it is not as difficult as baseball, but still far from easy.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take exception to this comment, but this is not the place to get into that debate. I will give you that it is not as difficult as baseball, but still far from easy.

While I do have one H2H team this year, I also have 4 Roto ones, all with daily roster changes.

Maybe easy/hard was not the way to go. How about not as involved or time consuming?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do have one H2H team this year, I also have 4 Roto ones, all with daily roster changes.

Maybe easy/hard was not the way to go. How about not as involved or time consuming?

yeah, can't argue the time consuming, you would win that debate as I stood there stamnering, "well uh, I, err..." Lol

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, can't argue the time consuming, you would win that debate as I stood there stamnering, "well uh, I, err..." Lol

Glad I got my point across a little better. The fact that football is just once a week, and hence easier to play the "game" of fantasy football; this is probably the # 1 reason I hear that people prefer to do football.

I guess that just irks me, and for many reasons. Call it one of my 999 personality flaws, that I tend not to do things because they are easier, and, at the same time, never do things "because every one else is and does". I tend to always take the road less traveled.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, comparatively, no one could rationally argue that fantasy football isn't easier than fantasy baseball. It was just the "easy" in general

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the feedback guys, but roto sucks worse than head-to-head.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the feedback guys, but roto sucks worse than head-to-head.
Then what the fack do you want?!?!?!? :scratch:;):finger:

I was waiting for your response in the ESPN keeper league, but you never responded. Were you waiting for me to ask? :)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what the fack do you want?!?!?!? :scratch:;):finger:

I was waiting for your response in the ESPN keeper league, but you never responded. Were you waiting for me to ask? :)

I backed off in the keeper league because people tend to believe you want to make changes in that particular league. I just wanted to discuss fantasy baseball formats and figured this place wouldn't drum up suspicion.

16 team league

2 - eight team divisions

Schedule - 22 week regular season - 14 weeks in division - 8 weeks out of division. 14 x 7 = 98. 8 x 8 = 64. 98 + 64 = 162 games.

Playoffs, scoring, free agents, waivers can be adjusted to taste. You can even have 4, 4-team divisions and adjust the schedule accordingly.

But head-to-head sucks. Leave it to football.