• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what if............

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the rangers advanced to the world series and put ogando back in the rotation? and let holland be a middle inning guy like last year in the alcs

i can see two obvious problems with it.....

1) he probably isnt stretched out near enough to start

2) it would weaken the bullpen

but, he could possibly shut down a lineup for seven innings if he had 2 starts. it looks like he has regained his form from earlier this season with the added rest. just a thought and a definite longshot

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if feldman was put in the rotation

and holland was the long man?

hopefully holland steps it up tomorrow

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what if feldman was put in the rotation

and holland was the long man?

hopefully holland steps it up tomorrow

feldman has been great, but ogando has the ability to completely shut a team down and thats what this starting staff lacks right now

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question is, who starts Saturday?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jekyll or hyde.....(holland)

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they skipped him and went to Feldman just to give the Tigers a righty look. Holland hasn't shown the stones to pitch at a playoff level.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you skip Holland, you might as well skip CJ too, he's pitched just as bad if not worse than Holland.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you skip Holland, you might as well skip CJ too, he's pitched just as bad if not worse than Holland.

Frankly, I don't trust any in the rotation at this point. The only one I really trust is Ogando, and they aren't going to upset the apple cart and let him start. At this point in his career Holland has the arm, but not the head to be relied on in the playoffs. If he has a good first inning I think he will be good to go, if not Wash should pull him quickly and put Feldman in for long relief.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep rolling out Holland, and don't mess with the BP. Just have the starters on a TINY leash.

BP is awesome right now, so if the starters do well then roll with them. If they falter, then go to Ogando or Scooter like we have been doing. No reason to lose flexibility. What if we move O or Scotter to the starting, they falter there, and Holland isn't any better out of the pen?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CJ's done for this round anyhow, but your point is well taken.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in the Dutch Stache

holland.jpg

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I would have given up by now had I been Holland. He has been growing (or should I say not growing) that thing for over 2 months now.

As weak as it is the stach seems to have a cult following.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando has been great in the pen but let's not confuse his ability to pitch 1 or 2 shutdown innings and his ability to pitch 6 or 7 shutdown innings. His problem is he only has a couple of pitches and opposing lineups are able to adjust to him after a couple at bats in the game. That's why he's been able to jump back into the pen the way he has. You put him back in the rotation, and not only are you weakening the bullpen as you already stated, but you're also taking a huge gamble on how effective he will be as a starter. I think you keep him where he is, as well as Feldman.

CJ and Holland's problems have been for the most part, lack of control, too many walks, which lead to too many hits. I haven't given up on them. Colby is "just being Colby" as people like to say...one pretty damn good outing and one pretty damn bad one. Harrison has been pretty solid actually. The problem with moving Holland to the pen is if he's struggling with his control, he could be a disaster. Colby giving up too many homers in the bullpen would be really bad. Harrison deserves to keep his spot and CJ will keep his spot because he's the "ace" whether he's earned that title so far or not.

I think this rotation starts and dies with Holland. You know Matt will be consistent for the most part. You know Colby will be Colby. You hope CJ will be able to pull it together. With our offense and bullpen, we can win with that, as we've shown. But a game like today, and going into the WS if we make it, we absolutely need Dutchy, not this "Holland" character, I don't think I like him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando has been great in the pen but let's not confuse his ability to pitch 1 or 2 shutdown innings and his ability to pitch 6 or 7 shutdown innings. His problem is he only has a couple of pitches and opposing lineups are able to adjust to him after a couple at bats in the game. That's why he's been able to jump back into the pen the way he has. You put him back in the rotation, and not only are you weakening the bullpen as you already stated, but you're also taking a huge gamble on how effective he will be as a starter. I think you keep him where he is, as well as Feldman.

CJ and Holland's problems have been for the most part, lack of control, too many walks, which lead to too many hits. I haven't given up on them. Colby is "just being Colby" as people like to say...one pretty damn good outing and one pretty damn bad one. Harrison has been pretty solid actually. The problem with moving Holland to the pen is if he's struggling with his control, he could be a disaster. Colby giving up too many homers in the bullpen would be really bad. Harrison deserves to keep his spot and CJ will keep his spot because he's the "ace" whether he's earned that title so far or not.

I think this rotation starts anddies with Holland. You know Matt will be consistent for the most part. You know Colby will be Colby. You hope CJ will be able to pull it together. With our offense and bullpen, we can win with that, as we've shown. But a game like today, and going into the WS if we make it, we absolutely need Dutchy, not this "Holland" character, I don't think I like him.

Colby actually has been pretty good in the playoffs. I dont know why you dont like holland hes got nasty stuff when hes locating his pitches. We will have to see what happens today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby actually has been pretty good in the playoffs. I dont know why you dont like holland hes got nasty stuff when hes locating his pitches. We will have to see what happens today.

6 IP 1 ER = Good
5 2/3 IP 4 ER = Bad

Derek is my favorite pitcher on the team. I think you misunderstood me, I love "Dutch", not "Holland"(his Jekyll/Hyde).