• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If Scenario #2

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland could be OK is hes there in the 2nd. After that you are looking at developmental OT.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grab Ben Bartch...He has Matt Lepsis written all over him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the complete draft. Went with BPA late so doubled up on a few positions but wanted to grab what I felt was BPA. Even snuck an extra 7th in there, forgetting we traded for Casey and the Titans owner not realizing until I pointed it out to him after. Draft order will never stay the same anyway, so lets just pretend we got it back.

Broncos
Round 1- Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
Round 2- Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
Round 3- Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Round 3- A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State
Round 3- Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas
Round 4- Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (MN)
Round 5- Alex Highsmith, DE/OLB, Charlotte
Round 6- Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State
Round 7- Malcolm Roach, DL, Texas
Round 7- Jake Luton, QB, Oregon State
Round 7- James Smith-Williams, DE/OLB, North Carolina State

Undrafted Signings

Nigel Warriors, S, Tennessee
Rodney Smith, RB, Minnesota
Francis Bernard, OLB, Utah
Darnell Mooney, WR, Tulane

Freddie Swain, WR, Florida
Markus Bailey, ILB, Purdue
Damon Hayes, CB, Rutgers
Ahmad Wagner, TE, Kentucky
Arlington Hambright, OT, Colorado
Kyle Murphy, OG, Rhode Island

Tyler Clark, DE, Georgia
Dante Olson, ILB, Montana
Denzel Goolsby, S, Kansas State
Luke Jurgia, C, Western Michigan
Jordan Glasgow, OLB, Michigan

Already talked about the first 4 rounders.

Highsmith, hard to imagine he will be there in the 5th but I had to grab him. Solid pass rusher at that stage of the draft. I am a little nervous he could max out as a pass rusher, but at worst he can provide that younger version of a Jeremiah Attachou. Strong guy with explosion to get to the QB. Didn't expect him to be on the board at the end of Round 5. Had a 4th round grade on him
  • Raequan Williams- This is about where I have him going in the real draft... Very productive college player who nearly declared last year. Not sure he helped himself by returning, but I think he can play in the NFL a long time and eat up snaps in a rotation on the DL. Has upside to become a starter, but probably not expecting him to ever be an elite DL... But someone who is quality in Round 6.
  • Malcolm Roach, DL, Texas- This one really is for @LGM , but at the same time it is value as well. Roach has some versatility on the DL. I actually highly considered taking him over Williams at the top of round 6, was pretty torn. Thought Williams was probably the better fit though. I didn't see DL as a big need this draft although with Harris as a FA again next year I didn't eliminate it either. Dre'Mont Jones is going to have a big year, IMO and prove he can start and be that next Derek Wolfe to get a big Bronco contract down the line. I surely wasn't going to pass on the value here, and I feel like for not drafting DL early I was able to get two solid bodies who I know can play in the NFL.
  • Jake Luton- I didn't want to hear SpringStein complain how John Elway will draft a QB this year, and miss out. Luton was a QB for me that did NOTHING until his SR year. He did a complete 360 in my eyes. His first two years he was injury prone and didn't have a lot around him. His SR season he wasn't even expected to win the starting job. He held off the Nebraska transfer and really impressed me this year. He had a true #1 in Isaiah Hodgins and really to me was probably the most improved QB in college football this season. At worst he can sit on our PS. I like Brett Rypien enough to keep him around, but if Luton can grow like he did at Oregon State then this will be a better option. I nearly took James Morgan at the top of Round 6, because he has John Elway written all over him. I don't think Elway is looking as much for a project QB this year as years past as he has his hands full in developing Lock, but I think with only Driskel as an experienced backup and one a one year deal, Luton is worth a look as a potential backup down the line. Stick him on the PS for a year.
  • James Smith-Williams, pass rusher, North Carolina State... This guy doesn't have the stats. If you were to look him up you might think I am crazy.. But he has awesome length and measurements. As SpringStein noted to me, he can save money in stay in Bradley Chubbs basement. I think what intrigued me is the combination of size, speed, measurements, upside and character here. This guy is a smarty. He has already been offered and accepted a job for IBM. Very dedicated to school, a team captain. A smart kid. With his measurements, and physical tools along with his dedication and desire to get better and be coachable, this is the kind of guy you want to spend a late round pick on.

I won't go into the undrafted players, but I did sign

Dale Carter's son (Nigel Warrior)
Jim Jurigas's son (Luke Juriga)
Graham Glasgows' brother (Jordan Glasgow)

I even got a Colorado player for Mingo.

So I found a way to make @LGM, @SpringStein, @Mingo happy.

But I probably failed to keep our POM the month happy in @Orange Crush77 , but that is ok because he still has another 20 days of fame so that should keep him happy.

I wasn't able to get an OT early on value, but I did the best I could. 3rd round with Biadsz and Green I am a little iffy on. Just not sure where to expect them to go come real draft, but I like them so that is all that matters since it is my mock. ;)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonably realistic that is for sure . cant complain I will check out the DL . I think we will draft more O than D but I think you did an over all great job.

No Boise State players .:nono:

Thank you. that took some time

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonably realistic that is for sure . cant complain I will check out the DL . I think we will draft more O than D but I think you did an over all great job.

No Boise State players .:nono:

Thank you. that took some time

Plenty I am interested in, just didn't work out in this mock.

I love Weaver, I like Cleveland... A lot of WR's this year but at the right point I would be happy with Hightower if he was our second WR taken.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really mind boggling how many Utah defensive players get drafted every year. This year will be no different. Surprised it isn't talked about more around the draft world.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3- Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

You have probably talked about this guy ? I have not seen it ?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3- Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

You have probably talked about this guy ? I have not seen it ?
Draft Crazy took him in the third round in his mock draft. So I guess he's a fan.