• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if Scenario #15

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night on our Huddle Up podcast we had every one of our hosts and an extra guy on to do a mock draft. We do this every year and this is what we came up with. No trades were allowed...

15: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville--Quick comment the top-3 WR's were gone, both Kinlaw and Brown were gone. What ended up happening is the QB's fell in the simulator so left us with slim pickings for the pick. We were pretty much deciding between Becton and McKinney.

46: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

77: Akeem Davis Gaither, LB/S, App State

83: Amik Robertson, CB/S LA Tech

95: Keith Ismael, C, San Diego State

114: Terrell Burgess, S/NB, Utah

179: Antonio Gibson, RB/WR, Memphis

182: Larrell Murchison, IDL, North Carolina State

253: Isaiah Coulter, WR, Rhode Island

255: Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop to 15 for a top 3 OT. What was his failed test? I like so many of those picks.

A A+ if we get a top 3 OT without trading. Some have Beckon top 1/1a

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop to 15 for a top 3 OT. What was his failed test? I like so many of those picks.

A A+ if we get a top 3 OT without trading. Some have Beckon top 1/1a

So earlier last week I said Becton would be one of those players I wouldn't be happy we drafted. I actually was one of the votes to draft him. I really like Becton's game. That has never been the issue for me. The failed test, conditioning, and just his body size all have to be concerns. He definitely has some huge upside though of becoming maybe the best tackle in football. His ability to move at his size is something special and pass rushers are going to have a hard time figuring out how to beat someone that has his length and movement skills.

My biggest issue with this mock though is my concern for WR. I like Aiyuk but he also doesn't move the needle for me year 1 a whole lot. Coulter in the 7th almost moves the needle for me more.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with this mock though is my concern for WR. I like Aiyuk but he also doesn't move the needle for me year 1 a whole lot. Coulter in the 7th almost moves the needle for me more.

Aiyuk is a 1st round talent and without trading would be very happy with him. Maybe not waiting till the 7th for another WR is the answer. 3rd or 4th for another WR makes sense to me.

Also Munch coached a 6'9 LT in Pittsburgh so he would know about larger LTs. We in the interwebs don't have enough info to make a true informed decision on Beckton.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiyuk is a 1st round talent and without trading would be very happy with him. Maybe not waiting till the 7th for another WR is the answer. 3rd or 4th for another WR makes sense to me.

Also Munch coached a 6'9 LT in Pittsburgh so he would know about larger LTs. We in the interwebs don't have enough info to make a true informed decision on Beckton.

Munchak is why I would be ok taking any tackle in this draft. I know that any that are drafted would have to be approved by him. Honestly the height of Becton is not my concern. The physical toll of being his weight though on any body would lead one to believe there is a good chance he struggles to hold up long-term. There is always an exception to the rule and would have to hope he is that if the Broncos draft him. Again, I love the tape just worry about his long-term ability.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night on our Huddle Up podcast we had every one of our hosts and an extra guy on to do a mock draft. We do this every year and this is what we came up with. No trades were allowed...

15: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville--Quick comment the top-3 WR's were gone, both Kinlaw and Brown were gone. What ended up happening is the QB's fell in the simulator so left us with slim pickings for the pick. We were pretty much deciding between Becton and McKinney.

46: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

77: Akeem Davis Gaither, LB/S, App State

83: Amik Robertson, CB/S LA Tech

95: Keith Ismael, C, San Diego State

114: Terrell Burgess, S/NB, Utah

179: Antonio Gibson, RB/WR, Memphis

182: Larrell Murchison, IDL, North Carolina State

253: Isaiah Coulter, WR, Rhode Island

255: Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa

I've seen this somewhere but, can't place it :). Top 2 are ok but, I'm not jumping for joy. Later picks were better. Hey the draft very easily could fall bad for us. I learned that doing draft sim I often was not thrilled with what was left in RD 1 and RD 2.

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed would be perfect for this new scheme. Oh my he is an ST Demon