• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What I learned from this game

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it came down to composure, the turnover in the endzone and then the stupid penalties all led to Seattle points, and then the defense wore down and that was it. Seattle is extremely good, and you can't make mistakes like that and get away with it. The team has to learn the lesson that every little brother learns --- the authorities don't see the original provocation, all they see is the retaliation and reaction. I will also say that I think the dbs for Seattle get away with murder, but if they don't call it then it's not a foul and the 49ers have to figure out a way to deal with that -- I think they get away with more at home, but so be it. Every defense has a weak spot, there are no perfect defenses and on the road at least the Seattle defense has allowed scores (Detroit, Miami, Atlanta).
Both of the last games were eerily similar -- last year I remember the first play Kaep had a receiver deep and overthrew him and then there was the blocked kick for a td and then the wheels came off, this year it's the holding in the end zone, the int in the end zone, stupid penalties etc. They need to regain their composure, Kaep needs to put in some time studying game film of the Seahawks in particular and less time working on his speed/strength, and they need to come up with a different game plan on offense, and Harbaugh needs to work behind the scenes to clarify if Seattle is going to continue to get away with mugging receivers on every play.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff has fallen in love with what Kap can do in a certain style of offense instead of running an offense that the team was built for and letting Kap thrive in it.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I feel like we need to spread offense! Why had Green Bay been so successful? Because they spread out, I wanna see the power runs! But I wanna see spread offense passing! We just never adjusted in this one.

I've been saying... Where is our spread? We have Patton, Williams, McDonald, boldin, David. The GOOD teams can catch on our vanilla offense. Spread that shit out!

If we won't even power run, then spread the WRS out. If gb can make WRS ever yr then so can we.

Completely agree, I kept yelling for them to spread the Seattle D out. They have two good corners, but force them to spread out you can create the mismatches and space, including in the middle for McDonald or Davis. If we were going to abandon the run, no need to run the offense out 3 WR sets.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Another observation was the Niners slipping on the filed which was odd given they play in pretty wet conditions at home. They should have had the cleats and been prepared.

Secondly, it seemed our defense wasn't ready for the read option despite practicing against it, the D was faked out multiple times or just lost track of where the ball was.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to pick SF to win in SEA any more.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Seattle DBs get away with a lot? No they don't. They just get more physical within 5 yards (LEGAL) and are more aggressive ball hawks when the ball is in the air (LEGAL).

They are just GOOD corners. You forty whiners are unbelievable. How about you just admit that Seattle has quite possibly the best secondary in NFL history and that your receivers are end of day (outside of V. Davis) garbage. Look Seattle's receivers aren't any better, but both Seattle/San Fran are nowhere NEAR being anything like the Falcons/Cowboys/Packers, etc. And there is not a single WR that is anywhere NEAR Calvin Johnson/AJ Green etc.

I actually heard someone say on this board Boldin was a top 10 WR. LOL are you kidding me? AJ Green, Johnson, A. Johnson, White, Jones, Bryant, Jackson, Cruz, Thomas, Fitzgerald, Marshall... just off hand there's 11 that are MILES BEYOND BOLDIN.

Boldin vs. the #1 corner in the league? LOL.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Seattle at home. Lets be honest we have no shot. We have to have home field bottom line.

Petty much. I like our chances against any team, but Seattle. Seattle @ SF will be a better game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they did that last season and not just to our team. The truth is, they get away with a whole lot of shit. I knew that, Harbaugh knew that so no matter what opponent meets Seattle at the Clink, they should prepare theirselves for that and we should've as well.

The only thing that upsets me is that Collinsworth made it seem like we had calls in our favor when it clearly shows that not only did we get penalized more but there was proof on each and every replay shown that they were holding. My thing is, if you don't call out Seattle out on it when you announce the game, then don't call SF out either.

Why are you surprised? This is Chris f*cking Collinsworth, the guy whose team lost 2 SB's to the 49ers. Hell, back on the ESPN boards, I, along with a few other old posters (Couch Potato, Bingo, DYeager78, etc), called his ass out alongside Terry Bradshaw and Matt Millen because all three were bonafied commentators who are/were Niner haters. Collinsworth doesn't have many positive things to say about the 49ers when they're on primetime television. Perhaps every once and awhile but you're more apt to witness a hybrid solar eclipse (the rarest of all solar eclipses) as opposed to Collinsworth commending the 49ers. :L