• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does Gronk coming back mean to the Offense.

UgotaBkdnMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How specifically will this impact the young receiver group? How big of an impact will this be in terms of offense ranking. Right now Patriots are ranked #20 in passing offense. Realistically could they finish in top 5 with one player coming back.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it helps a lot. The numbers don't show it but I think the young guys are real close and relieving the pressure a bit may help them break out.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5? No. But Gronk had 11TDs in like 10 games last season. That is huge. We struggle scoring in the red zone. He'll make that a lot better. His size is missed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he doesn't get hurt his first game back. I'm still reserved in thinking that he's gonna have a big impact.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to wait as long as he needs to to be sure there is not a risk of reinjury. We don't need him to make the playoffs. In the playoffs we will need him.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to wait as long as he needs to to be sure there is not a risk of reinjury. We don't need him to make the playoffs. In the playoffs we will need him.

True, but the Dolphins and Jets are winning too many games for my liking. We need to make sure the division gets locked up.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The division is not in jeopardy. They win it easily with Gronk not playing a snap.

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone who can catch the ball and can maybe teach the receivers how to catch

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll help a lot more once he plays like a healthy Gronk again. Amendola wasn't as sharp last week as he was when he looked great against the Bucs in the preseason so until he and Gronk can return to that kind of top play I think the passing game will be better this week but it should be much better after 2-3 games if they're still healthy and firing on all cylinders.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it will not make the offense Top 5 but it should at least allow the Patriots to get into the end zone while in the Red Zone!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still nagged by that story I related where a dude supposedly close to the team said his injuries are far worse than what's been reported.

Guess we'll see.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays, he makes them a much bigger threat on offense. I don't think they have top 5 personnel around him, but I do think a sudden reversal from bottom to upper-middle of the pack would be reasonable to look for.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People sometimes forget how dominant Gronk was when healthy and on the field. If he can get into mid-season form, he will elevate the Pats offense tremendously. I know that I'm preaching to the choir here, but I've heard some other fans taking the Pats too lightly. With your young guys getting a ton of reps and growing, adding Gronk into the mix will be a nice lift. I was hoping that he wouldn't be back for the Broncos little trip out to Foxboro, as I still have nightmares about our smallish corners and safeties trying to keep him in check last time.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about reinjury, worried about a new injury. The second break in his arm was unrelated to the first. I have a feeling the guy is going to be glass.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it means other teams are screwed.

bb will make his first appearence out of the tunnel during team introductions with a giant sword in his hand. with a maniacle look on his face he raises the sword to the air and screams. "RELEASE THE GRONKEN!!!"

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about reinjury, worried about a new injury. The second break in his arm was unrelated to the first. I have a feeling the guy is going to be glass.

Whether that is the case or not, it's unavoidable. What is avoidable is re-injury as a result of bringing him back to early.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Physical tight ends are injured all. the. time.

So yes, he's at enormous risk of a new injury. It comes with the position.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably take a game or two for Gronk to get back to full playing form. However, just having him out on the field gives the other team something to think about and someone else to account for on defense. That alone should help loosen up the coverage on the other receivers. Also, whether or not he plays this year, remember the Pats still have Mark Harrison out of Rutgers. He was a phenom before the rookie workouts at Indy (and before he trashed his hotel room and broke a bone in his foot). Harrison is due off the PUP list after game six. He is 6-3, 230 and put up some good numbers in college.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably take a game or two for Gronk to get back to full playing form. However, just having him out on the field gives the other team something to think about and someone else to account for on defense. That alone should help loosen up the coverage on the other receivers. Also, whether or not he plays this year, remember the Pats still have Mark Harrison out of Rutgers. He was a phenom before the rookie workouts at Indy (and before he trashed his hotel room and broke a bone in his foot). Harrison is due off the PUP list after game six. He is 6-3, 230 and put up some good numbers in college.

I'm excited about Mark Harrison. Dobson and Harrison are tall guys. Big guys. They both have good speed and can jump. I have very high hopes for this offense next year. We need another good blocking TE in the draft.

Big time potential.