• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does, "all in for the team" mean?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This expression is thrown around, inserted, asserted and generally used as if there's a universal understanding of what it means. So, I'm asking, what's meant by "all in for the team?"

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it means doing that which is required to be your personal best for the betterment of the team according to the contract you freely signed.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This expression is thrown around, inserted, asserted and generally used as if there's a universal understanding of what it means. So, I'm asking, what's meant by "all in for the team?"

I'm assuming it's the exact polar opposite of what Travis Frederick did to his team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it's the exact polar opposite of what Travis Frederick did to his team.

What exactly did he do...retire at 29 because of his battle with an autoimmune disease? (Guillain-Barré syndrome)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short and distinct , actually wanting to be on this team .

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well According to Kris Klieman 4 x National Champion Ksu wildcats coach.. All in means its all about Team there is no higher players mid players back ups ect all players are equal under 1 system everybody gives 100 percent in all phases if not you dont play period players graded on a practice level if John Doe works harder then chase young john doe will play period

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly did he do...retire at 29 because of his battle with an autoimmune disease? (Guillain-Barré syndrome)

He could have told them and then wait until after the draft. I love the guy and what he did to make that comeback, but he really dicked the team.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it takes, I'm willing...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have told them and then wait until after the draft. I love the guy and what he did to make that comeback, but he really dicked the team.
He did tell them before the draft and while free agency is in full swing

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Ron Rivera was the one who said it in this p-articular case I think he's the one who could most define what he meant by it. But looking at it from the other side. While I may be wrong. I can only think of 2 instances when a team has went all in on a player.

Example #1 The Minnesota Vikings fully guaranteeeing Kirk Cousins 87 million dollar on his 3 year contract.
Example #2 The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fully guaranteeing Tom Brady's 50 million dollars on his 2 year contract.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it means doing that which is required to be your personal best for the betterment of the team according to the contract you freely signed.

Interesting definition, so let's examine it.
Doesn't that also leave it up to the individual to determine what his "personal best" happens to be? (Hint: he's the one doing "that which is required")

Second, with respect to the contract, no room to ask for a raise that you've determined doesn't cover your continued growth and performance?

Finally, let's talk about the "betterment of the team" portion. Who makes that judgement? If it's management, and they determine that you don't play to the standard "they" want, what happens then?

Well, if you said, get rid of him...YOU WIN the boobie prize, because what follows is a dissolution of the contract (in some form)that both sides "willingly signed."

Understand something here, that expectation of "doing that which is required to be your personal best, for the betterment of the team" is a two way street. It works,sort of like this for the players... I willingly sign this contract to give my personal best, but at the moment that you fail to live up to your end, I'm going to ask for an out or more money to sacrifice my goal of being part of greatness and work in that dysfunction.
( all future players dream of being the greatest ever, that doesn't change as they enter the NFL )

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well According to Kris Klieman 4 x National Champion Ksu wildcats coach.. All in means its all about Team there is no higher players mid players back ups ect all players are equal under 1 system everybody gives 100 percent in all phases if not you dont play period players graded on a practice level if John Doe works harder then chase young john doe will play period

It's not something that I do, but just between the two of us, if he actually said that ... Kris Klieman 4 x National Champion Ksu wildcats coach... is an idiot!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Ron Rivera was the one who said it in this p-articular case I think he's the one who could most define what he meant by it. But looking at it from the other side. While I may be wrong. I can only think of 2 instances when a team has went all in on a player.

Example #1 The Minnesota Vikings fully guaranteeeing Kirk Cousins 87 million dollar on his 3 year contract.
Example #2 The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fully guaranteeing Tom Brady's 50 million dollars on his 2 year contract.

It's definitely a two way street, but when players are referred to as "pieces" they are off to a really bad start.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting definition, so let's examine it.
Doesn't that also leave it up to the individual to determine what his "personal best" happens to be? (Hint: he's the one doing "that which is required")

Second, with respect to the contract, no room to ask for a raise that you've determined doesn't cover your continued growth and performance?

Finally, let's talk about the "betterment of the team" portion. Who makes that judgement? If it's management, and they determine that you don't play to the standard "they" want, what happens then?

Well, if you said, get rid of him...YOU WIN the boobie prize, because what follows is a dissolution of the contract (in some form)that both sides "willingly signed."

Understand something here, that expectation of "doing that which is required to be your personal best, for the betterment of the team" is a two way street. It works,sort of like this for the players... I willingly sign this contract to give my personal best, but at the moment that you fail to live up to your end, I'm going to ask for an out or more money to sacrifice my goal of being part of greatness and work in that dysfunction.
( all future players dream of being the greatest ever, that doesn't change as they enter the NFL )

Actually a person’s opinion on their personal best is not an opinion. Their best is their best.

Feel free to ask for a raise. It happens all the time. It also happens all the time that individuals get lazy after getting their guaranteed money...see Morgan Moses.

If you don’t play to the standard, then you are cut.

Yes, the contract can be dissolved. The guaranteed money protects the player. The ability to cut a lazy, underperforming, locker room cancer protects the team.

Maybe we should go to all one year contracts.

All future players dream of the money. Most realize they will not be great.