• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you listening to right now?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bravo my friend!

What gets me is neither Pink Anderson or Floyd Cuncil were real well known, you'd have to go find them to know they existed. So how did those British kids in the band know about them and Pink Floyd isn't blues.
Syd Barrett was really into the "piedmont" style of blues a few years before he went off the deep end while with PF.
Apparently he was an avid fan and had a vast collection of various old blues records and the name was made up at the spur of the moment before they became famous when they were still known as the Tea Set in the early 60's. shortly after they changed their name to Pink Floyd they mostly played old blues tunes prior to the psychedelic and rock scene taking hold.
And the rest, as the saying goes....is history.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syd Barrett was really into the "piedmont" style of blues a few years before he went off the deep end while with PF.
Apparently he had a vast collection of old blues records and the name was made up at the spur of the moment before they were famous when they were still known as the Tea Set in the early 60's. After they changed their name to Pink Floyd they mostly played old blues tunes before the psychedelic and rock scene took hold.
As ya know both Anderson and Council out of the Carolina's part of that Piedmont sound. If Barrett had their records, wow! Anderson had two and Floyd had three. Definate collector items.

Have never heard Pink Floyd play them blues, yep, curious now.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slim Harpo cover...

Here it is, doesn't get anymore blues than that, surprised all that above was new to me. Thought I pretty much had it all covered. Now I do, ha!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....much appreciated.

Slim Harpo out of that Excello Records gang with Lonesome Sundown, Lightnin' Slim, Silas Hogan and Lazy Lester, they call it swamp blues out of Louisiana.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone familiar with the original, no not Hendrix, he covered it.

Willie Deville and Poppy Chubby do great covers also.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently these guys were a mess, and that is a shame, love their sound.

This was one of those thrift shop I will gamble a buck deals, just like the one below.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest roll the dice that came up a winner was this.....

When I tell people I own over 10,000 tapes/records/CD they don't buy it, keep in mind I started building that collection around 1960. Doowop vocal groups, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Hank Williams, Elvis/Johnny/Jerry Lee/Carl, Ray Charles.