• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you currently playing?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To anyone that's played Ghost of Tsushima, is it worth the $40 that it is currently on sale for on the PS Store?
I would say so it was in the running for game of the year. Its a typical sandbox game where you start with nothing and by the end you have cool armor, weapons, skills etc. The storyline is good and I enjoyed how different parts of the map offered different things.

My only knock is that it doesn't have any replay value other than killing Mongolians/Bandits and going to different areas killing bad guys did get repetitive toward the end.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say so it was in the running for game of the year. Its a typical sandbox game where you start with nothing and by the end you have cool armor, weapons, skills etc. The storyline is good and I enjoyed how different parts of the map offered different things.

My only knock is that it doesn't have any replay value other than killing Mongolians/Bandits and going to different areas killing bad guys did get repetitive toward the end.
So sounds like it’d be a great game to rent but not to really buy. I enjoy games like RDR2, which I’ve been playing through again because since it’s an open world game, I’m trying to go through and find all the stuff I didn’t get to first time around.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sounds like it’d be a great game to rent but not to really buy. I enjoy games like RDR2, which I’ve been playing through again because since it’s an open world game, I’m trying to go through and find all the stuff I didn’t get to first time around.
I would describe Ghost of Tsushima as a game you play for 4 or 5 hours at a time and then drop for a week or two and then come back to it. I personally think the combat is considerably more fun than RDR2 but the open world is pretty par for the course outside of just looking really nice.

GoT scratches a very particular itch for me better than any other game on the market. Its not as deep as some of the other games in the genre, though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of free PS4 games right now. The only caveat being - the ps4 isnt the best place to play a lot of these games.

Still, Horizon Zero Dawn, Astrobot Rescue Mission, Subnautica, Enter the Gungeon, Rez Infinite and the Witness for free is pretty spiffy.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1621798224950.png

anyone else playing?

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is an alpha testing version of the next part of the division... not an open alpha... not bad, kind of a division x fortnight... 45 “rogue” agents on up to 15 teams, still has npcs to fight as well + “rogue agent” teams. graphics look upgraded.... not sure if its an add on to division or a standalone release.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m playing old stuff. Just ordered some classic game boy games

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is an alpha testing version of the next part of the division... not an open alpha... not bad, kind of a division x fortnight... 45 “rogue” agents on up to 15 teams, still has npcs to fight as well + “rogue agent” teams. graphics look upgraded.... not sure if its an add on to division or a standalone release.
If I was still a 20 something with no responsibility then that sounds cool.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was still a 20 something with no responsibility then that sounds cool.
Perhaps you should avoid torturing yourself in tha gaming forum, or learn to manage your time better, so you can carve out a couple hrs a week. Sure beats watching the news, or woke sports.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you should avoid torturing yourself in tha gaming forum, or learn to manage your time better, so you can carve out a couple hrs a week. Sure beats watching the news, or woke sports.
I game all of the time.

Offline games. Pause button, story lines, no need to learn a meta, keep track of updates, etc. Online games require a different level of commitment.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I game all of the time.

Offline games. Pause button, story lines, no need to learn a meta, keep track of updates, etc. Online games require a different level of commitment.
No they dont, especially this type Of Game Where all players start a game On an even playing field. Persistent world online games that resume where you left off.... require commitment.

Like Chess, is an online (and offline) game and you start off even with other Players. Same with these battle royale type Games, they are over in 30-45 mins.

Honing your skill and tactics take time investment, but they arent all games where you resume where you left Off In building an experience.

And virtually all Games get updates and fixes if the game has a following.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they dont, especially this type Of Game Where all players start a game On an even playing field. Persistent world online games that resume where you left off.... require commitment.

Like Chess, is an online (and offline) game and you start off even with other Players. Same with these battle royale type Games, they are over in 30-45 mins.

Honing your skill and tactics take time investment, but they arent all games where you resume where you left Off In building an experience.

And virtually all Games get updates and fixes if the game has a following.
When I get done with a few games I might consider an online game. Covid shutdowns are going to slow down the software pipeline no doubt.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I get done with a few games I might consider an online game. Covid shutdowns are going to slow down the software pipeline no doubt.
Well beware... there is no “end boss” like the one who see you as the “end Boss”....

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its just a heads up that players arent close to being like npcs.
FWIW, I have played almost every fighting game from 4th, 5th, 6th and maybe half of the ones from 7th gen. My general rule of thumb with those is to never play the AI and to just hit up training mode and then play people because AI's don't adjust. I did have about 100 hours in Destiny Crucible as well but generally FPS multiplayer doesn't keep me engaged for a long time.

I do own the first Division but I thought it sucked. I heard Division 2 was much better but like I said earlier I dont really have the time for these types of games anymore