• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about your team has you worried this year?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas QB. David Ash has not been consistent and is injury prone. Backups are questionable.

Ohio St QB. Yeah, Braxton Miller. But he runs a lot and suffers injuries. No real proven backup.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGa:

- New QB, 5th year senior with 3 starts, but still you never know
- D secondary, most are now at Louisville and Auburn
- Schedule - starting with Klemspin at home, and the USCe away. Starting 0-2 would suck.
- Injuries

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole replacing the majority of our defensive depth chart thing. We have 5 guys on D that have started games and only 2 of them would have been considered high end starters last year.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin. I have a few concerns.

The LSU game to start the year makes me nervous, I know a win will set the team up for a successful year, but I hope a loss wouldn't set this team up for a rough year.

QB, honestly I'm not sure how this will go. Stave is the incumbent, but I do think McEvoy brings the most to the offense.

WR, it's just such a young position. The freshman receivers are talented but inexperienced.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary - young and unproven. They sucked bawls last year. 2 Soph, 1 Rfr, and 1 Sr.
Oline - while stacked with Jrs and Srs, it's still a perennial concern @ Clemson
QB - A Senior with a fair amount of mop-up time, and behind him is a true freshman, then a soph. with very few snaps.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had this thread in the back of my mind all damned afternoon. Obviously, UF's worry is offense and the lack of it. So, I worry about turnovers. That usually makes the difference between having a chance and a complete fucking nightmare.

All the UF players know those numbers and what they mean: the Gators are 19-3 under Muschamp when winning or tying the turnover battle; they’re 3-13 when losing it.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a worrier, so everything:

QB: Is Hundley going to take the next step? Depth. If he goes down we are done.
RB: Will anyone step up and be above average?
O-line: Allowed the most sacs the last two years. Will they be better? How is the depth?
WR: Need someone to be a deep threat and a speedster

DL: Actually, I think we're good there
LB: Is there anyone who can replace what Barr and Zumwalt brought?
DBs: Everyone returns from an above average secondary last year. Can they take the next step or was last year a fluke good year?

Coaching: We lost our D-Coordinator to the NFL. Will our scheme be as good?
Schedule: Oregon, Stanford, USC, Washington, Texas, ASU and hopefully a Pac 12 championship. Can we beat all those good teams?

But if I had to pick one or two I think it's O-line and D Coordinator. I'm confident in the talent level on defense even losing three guys to the NFL last year. It's about scheme.

If the o-line is good it will make everyone else look much better but they have the least amount of elite talent and don't have a ton of depth.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly the secondary. Slightly worried about the WRs now that DGB is off the team

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGa:

- New QB, 5th year senior with 3 starts, but still you never know
- D secondary, most are now at Louisville and Auburn
- Schedule - starting with Klemspin at home, and the USCe away. Starting 0-2 would suck.
- Injuries

Oh yeah - I wanna thank you for Harvey-Clemons. He doesn't strike you as big on the field but he seems to have an incredibly long reach for coverage. We'll see how Grantham's 3-4 works out!

Try & keep Gurley & your O line healthy - best of luck to yer Dawgs !

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Is the team focused and can they go from hunter to hunted.
2. Will offense line gell we have talent but will they work together.
3. Kicking game replacing all our kickers.
4. Pass Rush will someone step up with the injury to Carl Lawson
5. Pre-season injuries have been brutal will we have the depth to finish the season.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline-replacing 4 starters, can wickline get the young recruits to play up
WR-no proven player after shipley, tons of sophmores and freshman so we just need a few to step up
Safety-Mykelle has the talent, but he's been afraid of contact. Not sure who's playing next to him.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worries start at the top of the team. Is this going to be Brady cHoke's last year in AA? If we suck like we have the past few years I sure as hope it is. Until we get a competent coach every aspect of the game concerns me.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR but we may be fine week 2 Stanford should be an early test and I think a lot if out season may hinge on that game

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For FSU only 2 areas bother me and one is usually not something people worry about.

1. PUNTER!!! Kid was 116th in the nation last year and with the athletes we have on every team there is no reason for that.

2. LBs. A lot of them got a lot of meaningful playing time last year, but all except 1 are sophomores. Can they cover a TE or RB?

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worries start at the top of the team. Is this going to be Brady cHoke's last year in AA? If we suck like we have the past few years I sure as hope it is. Until we get a competent coach every aspect of the game concerns me.

How does that O-Line look? I know we beat UM by completely stuffing the run and forcing Gardner to be Superman all by himself. With better protection, he could have a great year.

Peppers scares me, but a lot less with the ball not in his hands. if he returns or plays offense, I'll worry.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1A: Defensive inconsistency. The OU defense plays like Tarzan most of the time but plays like Jane at least twice a year giving up tons of points that lead to ugly losses. Example: Derp at UT beat on the Oklahoma defense last season like it owed him money. And Baylor scored 41 points while OU basically just gave up.

#1B: Trevor Knight's ability to stay healthy. If he doesn't, it could get OU in a position of losing 2-3 games.

Honorable Mention: Police Blotter. Will Joe Mixon, Frank Shannon, Whoever be on the hot seat this season and miss playing time?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah - I wanna thank you for Harvey-Clemons. He doesn't strike you as big on the field but he seems to have an incredibly long reach for coverage. We'll see how Grantham's 3-4 works out!

Try & keep Gurley & your O line healthy - best of luck to yer Dawgs !
You are welcome and thanks. He is a very good D player if he stays out of trouble.

As for Grantham, I was really excited when he first came to UGa. But, unless he changes, the thing that will drive you nuts is the fact that he waits until really late to call the D plays and you have players running all over the field appearing not to know where they should be. It was maddening at how often our players were out of position. Also, you better have a 325 pound nose tackle for his 3-4 to work.

Good luck in the SEC.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) No Connor Shaw. Dylan Thompson might be a good QB but he hasn't seen the field much the past two years and he didn't play well when he got the start in Missouri last season. Probably will have a shaky start and we have two tough conference games early.
2) No Bruce Ellington. The guy was a total playmaker and Shaw's safety valve.
3) No Clowney. Yeah, I could have put this first, but that would have pissed off all the dorks who think he was over-rated and took too many plays off. Still, he had to be accounted for last year and teams won't have to key on him this season.
4) No Kelcy Quarles. Dude had a great year because teams were trying to load up on Clowney's side.
5) Spurrier's advancing senility.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Knight: will he continue with the progress he showed in the last three games? I believe he will, but he still has to show he can be a weekly performer.

OC Josh Heupel: also looked like he figured things out in the last three games, especially against Alabama. But will he revert back to the God awful play calling we saw earlier last season? Time will tell. This is his second year implementing a new system so maybe he just needed to figure it out himself.

Receiver: This is probably the biggest one. Our only sure thing is Sterling Shepard. After him is the enigma known as Duron Neal and a slew of extremely talented but young and unproven receivers. Will anyone besides Shepard be able to gain enough separation consistently to keep opposing teams from stacking the box.

Corner and safety: Returning NB Julian Wilson is getting huge praise this spring and in the first week of fall practice for his work at corner. With Sanchez looking like he's matured this may not be that big of a question mark. However, any time you lose a corner like Colvin there's going to be some question marks about the position.

Oklahoma returns a great safety in Quentin Hayes, but loses Gabe Lynn. Hearing a couple youngsters are competing hard for the spot and looking good, but again, we're talking unknowns here.

Last edited by a moderator: