• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: What a friggen crazy game!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm the first one to post about that game with Cards and Pack. One for the history books. If you don't think so,then you didn't watch it. Unbelievable x infinity!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting there! You are right that was a great playoff game! I mean they do call this the greatest week in the football season because very rarely are these games huge blowouts. They usually come down to the wire. Really hoping the Broncos game isn't quite the nail biter that one was. Very happy though for Larry Fitzgerald. He is probably my favorite non-Bronco in the NFL. He plays the position I used to so always love seeing a WR that does all the little things right on and off the field. I love that he works to help the young receivers in the game even if that means hurting his own team's chances as he wants these guys to succeed. So again happy for him. If we don't win the Super Bowl I probably will be pulling for the Cardinals to win it all. Can't really stand any of the other teams still left. Maybe Carolina as hey always fun to see a new team win the Super Bowl but not sure I am a big Cam Newton fan either.

Anyway got to give it to A-Rod as the guy has no quit in him. He was taking some hits and just kept on going. Nobody was giving Green Bay a chance in this one and they took what many consider to be the best team in the NFL to overtime on the road.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, really crazy - and I happen to like both of those teams. Cards get the lucky bounce of the tipped pass for the TD ( the Pats also benefited greatly from a tipped pass for a completion today) and then Rodgers gets his second Hail Mary of the Year. To put in context, when was the last completed Hail Mary by the Broncos? I don't even remember.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, really crazy - and I happen to like both of those teams. Cards get the lucky bounce of the tipped pass for the TD ( the Pats also benefited greatly from a tipped pass for a completion today) and then Rodgers gets his second Hail Mary of the Year. To put in context, when was the last completed Hail Mary by the Broncos? I don't even remember.

The fact that the Packers can get 2 on one drive...Man that was nuts. And it has been a while for the Broncos as not sure our Starting QB can launch it 60 yards right now. The last ridiculous play that I remember really going in the Broncos favor was the 2009 season opening week where Orton had a tipped pass at the very end of the game that just happened to fall into Stokley's hands and he took it 87 yards for the 12-7 win! I guess you could say the Chiefs game earlier this year where at the end of the game Charles fumbled and we won last second. But neither of those were hail mary plays.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an impressive game. Carson Palmer lived on the edge pretty much that entire last drive, converting 3rd downs by a margin of one or two chain links! Then the TD that was tipped. Then the FG to go up 20-13 following a turnover on downs. Then the two hail mary passes, one for a TD. Wow. Ultimately that game tying TD by the Packers would prove to be little more than the NFL's equivalent of a cock tease, but it was still a very impressive game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I'm with you, CD. I'll be pulling for the Cards or the Panthers should the Broncos fail to complete their mission.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not in a fan of Carson Palmer as a Super Bowl QB - hope the Broncos get him on Super Day - if they get there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not in a fan of Carson Palmer as a Super Bowl QB - hope the Broncos get him on Super Day - if they get there.

Honestly I see the good and bad from playing either team. With playing the Panthers they are a very strong running team that plays well into our top notch run defense. Throw in we could load the box knowing we have the horses in the secondary to hold up.

At the same time with AZ they have lots of weapons but I think we could get Carson to throw into some bad situations leading to a very turnover filled game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy in the NFCCG is that Newton will be the QB with more playoff experience!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Carson gets enough credit. He's played extremely well this yr minus the Seattle game and struggled some vs GB .Last season he was on fire also,team was 7-0 and then he got hurt. Even when with the dysfunctional Raiders and a very bad supporting cast,he actually put up some impressive numbers. He still has a very strong lively arm and great pocket presence. I would take him in a heartbeat over Manning or Oz if it presented itself after this season. Obviously not even a possibility, just stating a hypothetical scenario. I think he's underrated by many " casual " fans. I give Palmer and Cards very good shot at meeting Denver in SB. ;) Just say in ya know.:)

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Palmer, randymon. Even when he was still with the Bengals I thought he was underrated and underappreciated by many fans and many in the media. He's getting some recognition now, and he deserves it. He is definitely good enough to lead his team to a Championship.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my take is - Palmer was underrated - and has gone to overrated this season. :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Rivera and Bruce Ariens are both Top 5 head coaches in the NFL

Obviously, Belichick is at the top of the list

Kubiak is in some pretty good company with the final four here

Although I think Wade has done a fantastic job, I think it is somewhat unfair to attribute all of the Broncos success to the defense ..

Yes, the O has sputtered, but there are so many reasons for that - reasons that go beyond Kubiak's control

I think Kubiak is a definite Top 10 head coach, and there is no shame among the 3 remaining HCs to have Kubes up there with them ..

I mean, who is ahead of Kubiak ?

I'd put these guys over Kubes right now:

- Belichick
- Rivera
- Airens
- Tomlin

The next group:

- Tom Coughlin - not anymore
- Andy Reid - maybe
- Pete Carroll - again, maybe
- Jeff Fisher - no
- Sean Peyton - no
- John Harbaugh - no
- Mike McCarthy - no
- Marvin Lewis - no way

Last edited:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy in the NFCCG is that Newton will be the QB with more playoff experience!

Newton has one more playoff start than Carson. But Carson's faced three deep playoff caliber teams and Newton's faced two. Also, Fitz has more playoff experience than any Carolina receiver. I actually am concerned Carolina will win though.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I see the good and bad from playing either team. With playing the Panthers they are a very strong running team that plays well into our top notch run defense. Throw in we could load the box knowing we have the horses in the secondary to hold up.

At the same time with AZ they have lots of weapons but I think we could get Carson to throw into some bad situations leading to a very turnover filled game.

Your defense can stop Carolina but the same can be said for Carolina's defense. And who is more likely to get defensive TDs should win. That points in Carolina's direction. CJ is not gonna play better in a ball control offense than Stewart AND Newton.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Carson gets enough credit. He's played extremely well this yr minus the Seattle game and struggled some vs GB .Last season he was on fire also,team was 7-0 and then he got hurt. Even when with the dysfunctional Raiders and a very bad supporting cast,he actually put up some impressive numbers. He still has a very strong lively arm and great pocket presence. I would take him in a heartbeat over Manning or Oz if it presented itself after this season. Obviously not even a possibility, just stating a hypothetical scenario. I think he's underrated by many " casual " fans. I give Palmer and Cards very good shot at meeting Denver in SB. ;) Just say in ya know.:)

I agree about Palmer. It's crazy to think that game the other night was just his third playoff start. He's been a round the league for a while now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Palmer. It's crazy to think that game the other night was just his third playoff start. He's been a round the league for a while now.

I think we saw some of that inexperience really shine through this past weekend. Makes me realize just a bit more that maybe the coaches were on to something with starting Manning that the moment of being in the playoffs is a bigger thing than we as fans might realize.