• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WGC Cadillac Championship.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always get a kick on how careful the announcers choose their words when covering Tigers round.

Yesterday was extra special. Tiger gets on in 2 for the par 5 and his eagle putt is 2 feet passed the hole. He then misses the 2 footer and I can't want for the announcers reaction ..... Nothing but silence and 3 seconds after the missed put the camera cuts to a different hole. Not a singled word was said about it all.

Maybe it never happened.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Mac. This morning on Morning Drive they were just gushing about how they were going to bring you every shot of Tiger's last 8 holes this morning saying "Don't worry, you won't miss a thing". Its embarrassing to watch grown people fawning all over this clown.

The course is also a disaster. Perfectly placed pitches and drives are bouncing into the water and even wedge shots are rolling 45 feet on the rock hard greens. Trump and Hanse blew this one big time. they rushed it and it shows.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine to be a primma donna bitch when you're kicking ass like Tiger used to.

These days it's getting tired.

The media stuff, though, is all about capitolism. Tiger still sells.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine to be a primma donna bitch when you're kicking ass like Tiger used to.

These days it's getting tired.

The media stuff, though, is all about capitolism. Tiger still sells.

It's really not Tigger's fault. The way some these morons gush all over him is very embarrassing & quite homeristic. Really hard to listen at times. Top of the list: Dan Hicks, Gary Koch, Ian B-Finch & at times, Jim Nantz. :doh:

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under/Over for quitting

How many of the 72 holes will Tigger complete, before quitting? Maybe 27? :noidea:

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with Doral today? Philthy with doubles on 2 & 3... Now I wonder if he will WD before Tigger. :scratch:

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make that 3 doubles in a row for PM. Wow, now this looks like my scorecard. I would be on my 2nd bloody-mary by now. :omg:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ some of the reactions to whats going on. The winds are gusting up to 30mph with water everywhere on a long course at sea level.... Even par is a phenomenal round today.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods is hacking at +7. How long will it be till his back starts hurting again? Maybe at +10?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with Doral today? Philthy with doubles on 2 & 3... Now I wonder if he will WD before Tigger. :scratch:

The new layout is very poorly designed. When its unplayable in the wind for the very best players in the world you know you did a shitty job on the re-design.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new layout is very poorly designed. When its unplayable in the wind for the very best players in the world you know you did a shitty job on the re-design.

The greens are brand new and hard as a rock, which they say it typical for new greens. But they were hoping they would soften in time for the tournament but that did not happen.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greens are brand new and hard as a rock, which they say it typical for new greens. But they were hoping they would soften in time for the tournament but that did not happen.

The way a ball will bounce across half of a fairway and not stop until its in the water is a joke.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's great that this course is playing brutally tough.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ some of the reactions to whats going on. The winds are gusting up to 30mph with water everywhere on a long course at sea level.... Even par is a phenomenal round today.

I'm just following along on the web & looking at the scores. No idea what is going on out there. Haven't seen a TV today. That's why I asked... :suds:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just following along on the web & looking at the scores. No idea what is going on out there. Haven't seen a TV today. That's why I asked... :suds:

It's the wind. After strong cold fronts move through down in FL the wind machine cranks up bigtime. All courses down there become impossible. Yesterday they were going low, today they can't break par. Its just the way it goes there.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way a ball will bounce across half of a fairway and not stop until its in the water is a joke.

I would agree to a point but I do think the players should play a course with brutal conditions and let the golfer who adapts the best win. 95% percent of the season they know what to expect ....I like seeing them caught off guard once or twice a season.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the wind. After strong cold fronts move through down in FL the wind machine cranks up bigtime. All courses down there become impossible. Yesterday they were going low, today they can't break par. Its just the way it goes there.

Sounds like St. Andrews. I'll catch some live action on the weekend. Hope the conditions stay a little NASTY.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like St. Andrews. I'll catch some live action on the weekend. Hope the conditions stay a little NASTY.

Somewhat... The difference is (and I think what Toby was getting at) is that Doral isn't designed to make links style golf an available option. Most Florida courses are target courses with forced carries. Playing the ball low to the ground and running shots up isn't an option.

This is the first that I've watched it. The rough isn't high around the greens and there is many slopes just off of the greens that lead down to the water. The rough isn't holding the ball up & lots are hitting the green and rolling off into the water.

I certainly wouldn't as far as Toby has in this thread.... The course is firm. I expect they'll hit it with water tonight and it will play easier tomorrow. Not much you can do to keep any course from drying out when you have it under tour conditions in 30mph wind. Especially a newly redesigned one. They are all playing it & playing it at a fairly similar time of the day. Everyone is dealing with it, best score wins.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh darn it. Tigers back in it.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys only watch on the weekdays? This is as good as it gets...