• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother made a good point (He's a Lebron fan). If OKC beat the Spurs and the Warriors, they would have all the momentum in the world in other to beat the Cavs. It would be a run similar to the Mavs 2011 run but only much better.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. If OKC can pull off beating those 2 teams, they will have definitely earned their trip to the finals and the fact that they were able to get through those teams should only help their confidence. Especially if they continue to come through at the end of close games. If not for their trouble closing out games in the regular season, their record would be right there with the Spurs and GSW.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know your reasons, but I think it makes sense for Laker fans to want the Warriors to win because OKC losing could lead to Durant leaving and going to LA. Also, I would guess that most Laker fans would want the Cavs to lose either because they don't like LeBron or because LeBron might become a free agent too if he loses again.

well, in my particular instance it's because LeClown is an arrogant barfbag, and imo the Cavs stand less of a chance winning it all if the Dubs face them...

and btw it ISN'T because i'm a Lakers fan. I think too many people get this so twisted. have NO idea why I can't dislike a player just because of the team I follow...

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine Durant and Curry hitting threes alternately every possession in crunch time... #orgasm

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine Durant and Curry hitting threes alternately every possession in crunch time... #orgasm

One good thing about this series is that I don't think anyone who will play in during crunchtime will be a bad enough FT shooter to cause a "Hack a XXXX" gameplan.

(Bogut ... maybe ... he isn't a terrible FT shooter ... 56% ... but he probably won't be in at crunchtime.)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the regular season games are any indication, this should be a tremendous series. OKC defense improved since those games and they also improved at closing out games.

Expecting a long series.

Warriors in 7

I'm really split on this one I have either warriors in 5 maybe 6 at the most.. I gotta go 5. I've been pretty spot on so far

LeChuck421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine JR Smith and DeRozen hitting threes alternately every possession in crunch time #CutDownNotAcross

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really split on this one I have either warriors in 5 maybe 6 at the most.. I gotta go 5. I've been pretty spot on so far

I could see either or. I feel like OKC is playing with fire if they don't win 1 of the first 2. They need to win one of the first 2 or else I can see the 5 game series as you predicted

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 2nd straight year.... we're gonna get 2 rookie head coaches in the Finals. :thumb:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something the Spurs didn't do the Warriors will do in this series and that is close out games. I say it is a long, hard-fought series but Warriors in 6. I am hoping I am wrong bc I like KD and he has been playing some great ball.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest things Golden St has to be worried about, other than KD of course, is rebounding. OKC showed against SA they have improved inside offensive, defensive and this team can rebound the ball with the best of them. OKC not only rebounds but they can score in the paint with Adams, Kanter and Ibaka.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao the Warriors worked like hell to break the Bulls record and now are probably worn out from it and it got Curry hurt. He wants to out score Westbrook and Durant I promise you. He's no different than anybody else.

It should be a fun series, hoping to see KD pull through.

When KD won the MVP, he thanked his momma. When Curry won MVP, he got a big head. That is the difference.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When KD won the MVP, he thanked his momma. When Curry won MVP, he got a big head. That is the difference.

Man....Cavs fans really starting to hate on Curry.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A big head how?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm honestly really excited as a basketball fan to watch this series. Of course I want the Warriors to win, but the Thunder are great basketball to watch in their own right. We get to see 3 of the top 5 players in the NBA go at it.

The series is going to come down to two things, imo:

Defense. Both teams have unlimited fire power, so the first team that can string together a series of stops is going to be the one that holds the edge most games.

Rebounding. The Thunder hold the edge here when playing their conventional lineup, but it'll be interesting to see what they do when the Warriors go small for longer stretches.

The Warriors hold the edge defensively, but the Thunder hold a sizeable advantage in rebounding.