• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wes Welker is just a short, slow, white guy who excelled in a system in college

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes was the first robot, and any Pats fan that tells you otherwise is a quitter and full of baloney. Edelman is Welker improved. Part Deux to the max!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman can use a back up or rest him a down and put Wes in

We just signed a fresh 6'2" slot as backup. I have already seen 1 NE poster claim we are only going to roster 5 receivers. I don't want Welker. We have plenty of guys that can drop a game-ball.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Dez is one of the best WRs in the NFL. But, the other guys as a group are mediocre to sub-par even though they have Witten who is still huge in big spot. If Dez were to get hurt Dallas would be in a trouble with their receivers, but on the whole the Dallas receiving corp is better than the mostly castoffs at NE.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still searching for the D that could contain them?

That is just a stupid question which is why it's being ignored. Every D in the NFL?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry. Not only have his skills declined dramatically he likely doing great physical harm to himself permanently.

one more hit to the head and he is a vegetable.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker wants to play with Tom again so he could break the world record for concussions sustained

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Dez is one of the best WRs in the NFL. But, the other guys as a group are mediocre to sub-par even though they have Witten who is still huge in big spot. If Dez were to get hurt Dallas would be in a trouble with their receivers, but on the whole the Dallas receiving corp is better than the mostly castoffs at NE.
Great to see you have passion for your team. How about those receivers start putting up the numbers and actually win a couple playoff games then we will start to believe what you say. Otherwise it's just a homer and wishful thinking. Well then I guess Brady is much better than Romo? Otherwise why do the Pats consistently make the playoffs and win? Dallas quite arguably had the best O-Line and RB last year so something must be wrong? Receivers or QB which is it?

As for any D in the NFL how did they do last year containing those castoffs?

Please stop talking nonsense. Bring something factual like stats, wins, anything to back up your blind homerism.

After all I already gave Dallas credit saying they are my early on favorites to go to the SB. I know they have talent, I just don't drink a gallon of their kool-aid everyday.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this makes Dez and every other receiver on Dallas mediocre to subpar?

Yes...if you have a brain the size of a pea. Keep on comparing Julian Edelman to Dez Bryant. It makes you look brilliant.

BTW...you can't expect people to bow down to the greatness of Brady and then also talk about Edelman like he's an elite WR. It just doesn't work that way.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May sound funny but give me an honest answer on who can contain those 4, + either a 3rd down receiving back or a Lafell type...?

I think Edelman, Gronk and Chandler would be better off with someone else running with them. This isn't 2012. Welker is a far cry from what he was.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see you have passion for your team. How about those receivers start putting up the numbers and actually win a couple playoff games then we will start to believe what you say. Otherwise it's just a homer and wishful thinking. Well then I guess Brady is much better than Romo? Otherwise why do the Pats consistently make the playoffs and win? Dallas quite arguably had the best O-Line and RB last year so something must be wrong? Receivers or QB which is it?

As for any D in the NFL how did they do last year containing those castoffs?

Please stop talking nonsense. Bring something factual like stats, wins, anything to back up your blind homerism.

After all I already gave Dallas credit saying they are my early on favorites to go to the SB. I know they have talent, I just don't drink a gallon of their kool-aid everyday.

What a bizarre response. Even your fellow Pats fans seem to have little use for Welker, but to you he's making your team unstoppable. Amazing how when proven wrong the discussion changes so drastically:L
I didn't bring up Dallas, you did and I think it is painfully obvious which of us is the homer...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...if you have a brain the size of a pea. Keep on comparing Julian Edelman to Dez Bryant. It makes you look brilliant.

BTW...you can't expect people to bow down to the greatness of Brady and then also talk about Edelman like he's an elite WR. It just doesn't work that way.
First off I was comparing a group of receivers. The only comparison between Edleman and Dez was the number of catches and the number of playoff and SBs. One has the hardware, the other has the highlights. I prefer victories.

Where have I ever said bow down to Brady? If the Pat WRs are that bad how did they get so many catches and a SB?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bizarre response. Even your fellow Pats fans seem to have little use for Welker, but to you he's making your team unstoppable. Amazing how when proven wrong the discussion changes so drastically:L
I didn't bring up Dallas, you did and I think it is painfully obvious which of us is the homer...
That's my opinion. I think there is thread left on those tires in the Pats system. Those that disagree are expressing their opinion. Only one way to tell. I hope Wes signs and yes if he's half as good as he was I find that a very, very difficult offense to contain.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one more hit to the head and he is a vegetable.

Exactly. I thought he was great with the Patriots. At some point a Patriots hall of Famer. But I think his physical skills, his quickness, his ability to get open and move after the catch have deteriorated and his health after football is now being threatened. I know he never got the big paycheck he wanted but it's not worth ruining the rest of your life for it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you never know when you're gonna need a receiver to make a crucial drop.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I thought he was great with the Patriots. At some point a Patriots hall of Famer. But I think his physical skills, his quickness, his ability to get open and move after the catch have deteriorated and his health after football is now being threatened. I know he never got the big paycheck he wanted but it's not worth ruining the rest of your life for it.

He had his day in the sun, a lot of catches (one non-catch in the SB that was critical), but I'd rather not see him get carted off on a stretcher for his last play in the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my opinion. I think there is thread left on those tires in the Pats system. Those that disagree are expressing their opinion. Only one way to tell. I hope Wes signs and yes if he's half as good as he was I find that a very, very difficult offense to contain.

If he is the player he once was it will be huge for the Pats. I guess my point is I just don't think he is, but you are correct and time will tell. I always liked Welker and I hope he doesn't jeopardize his health. I also wonder how much room there is in the middle of the field on that team if they stick with the 2 TEs and play all these slot guys. Seems to be a guy that could play big on the outside or stretch the field more would be a better acquisition, but i'm guessing Welker signed a "show me" type deal that won't cost NE much if he doesn't have it any more.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just signed a fresh 6'2" slot as backup. I have already seen 1 NE poster claim we are only going to roster 5 receivers. I don't want Welker. We have plenty of guys that can drop a game-ball.....

Southie my comment was tongue in cheek, aka sarcasm.