• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wells Report in Context

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's exhausting to read these reports and contexts.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems highly suspect to me: Even though Profootball talk is all over it. I wouldn't waste any time on it. Unless there is some official link to the Patriots, I don't buy it.

Domain Name: WELLSREPORTCONTEXT.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1928053581_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy
Update Date: 2015-05-11T20:14:25Z
Creation Date: 2015-05-11T20:14:25Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-05-11T20:14:25Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited Resources - ICANN
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited Resources - ICANN
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited Resources - ICANN
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited Resources - ICANN
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Registration Private
Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: Arizona
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: United States
Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Registration Private
Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: Arizona
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: United States
Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS1.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server: NS2.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server: NS3.WORDPRESS.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form | ICANN
Last update of WHOIS database: 2015-05-14T15:00:00Z

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's exhausting to read these reports and contexts.

It doesn't have any Brady hate in the report. The whole defaltegate is rather boring. Maybe if Brady had deflated the balls in an elevator and dragged then out, it would have been a good story (and he would have only gotten a two game suspension).

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this "deflator" text was from May?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a result, at halftime, members of the officiating crew assigned to the game, overseen by a senior officiating supervisor from the National Football League (the “NFL” or the “League”), tested the air pressure of footballs being used by each of the Patriots and the Colts. All eleven of the Patriots game balls tested measured below the minimum pressure level of 12.5 pounds per square inch (“psi”) allowed by Rule 2 of the Official Playing Rules of the National Football League (the “Playing Rules”) on both of two air pressure gauges used to test the balls. The four Colts balls tested each measured within the 12.5 to 13.5 psi range permitted under the Playing Rules on at least one of the gauges used for the tests.

This statement is not complete. Halftime psi measurements are on pg. 8. The reality is that, on the second gauge, 3 of 4 Colts footballs were below regulation. A more accurate and complete statement regarding the Colts footballs would have been: “Using two different gauges (one of which was used for pre-game psi measurements), the League tested only four Colts footballs at halftime. Three of those footballs measured below regulation on the so-called “non-Logo” gauge. Four measured at or above regulation on the so-called “Logo” gauge. One Colts football averaged below regulation when taking into account both gauges. As soon as that fourth Colts football was measured, League personnel stopped any further gauging of Colts footballs. Relying on the higher Logo gauge measurements of the Colts football, League officials decided not to add air to any of the Colts footballs. Additional measurements using the same two gauges were made post-game. Post-game, each of the four Patriots footballs measured were well above the required level of 12.5 psi on both gauges (including one that had been overinflated to 13.65 on the Logo gauge). Three of the four Colts footballs measured below 12.5 psi on the non-Logo gauge (a violation of League rules), one measured below 12.5 psi on both gauges (also a violation), and three Colts footballs measured above 12.5 on the Logo gauge.”

The most fundamental issue in this matter is: DOES SCIENCE EXPLAIN THE LOSS OF PSI IN THE PATRIOTS FOOTBALLS? That issue turns on what psi numbers are used for the psi levels pre-game and at halftime. Those numbers will show the amount of lost psi. Given the gauges varied from each other, the only relevant halftime psi measurements are those shown by the gauge that was used pre-game. One gauge, referred to as the Logo gauge, was consistently .3 to .45 psi higher in its measurements than the non-Logo gauge. Referee Walt Anderson, who was alerted to psi issues before the game, has a detailed recollection of the unrecorded psi levels of the 48 footballs he gauged pre-game — essentially 12.5 for the Patriots footballs and 13.0 or 13.1 for the Colts footballs. His Recollection of those pre-game psi levels is one of the foundations of this report. MR. ANDERSON SPECIFICALLY RECALLS THAT HE USED THE LOGO GAUGE FOR THESE PRE-GAME MEASUREMENTS (pg. 52). (This is the only recollection of Mr. Anderson that the report rejects.) Therefore, the Logo gauge numbers are the correct numbers to use for halftime psi. The investigators did rely on those Logo gauge halftime psi numbers in dealing with the Colts footballs. Using that gauge, all the Colts footballs were within regulation. That justified the officials not adding air to them. However, when assessing the Patriots footballs, the investigators reject Anderson’s best recollection that he used the Logo gauge pre-game, and instead look to the larger psi drop that is shown by the lower psi, non-Logo gauge.

What is the consequence of rejecting Anderson’s statement that he used the Logo gauge pre-game? The Ideal Gas Law, according to the League’s consultants, establishes that the psi of the Patriots footballs at halftime would have been 11.32 to 11.52 due solely to the temperature impact on the footballs. (pg. 113). With the Logo gauge, 8 of the 11 Patriots footballs are in the Ideal Gas Law range and the average of all 11 Patriots footballs was 11.49 — fully consistent with the Ideal Gas Law’s prediction of exactly what that psi would be. THAT IS, RELYING ON MR. ANDERSON’S BEST RECOLLECTIONS, BASIC SCIENCE FULLY EXPLAINS THE DROP IN PSI OF THE PATRIOTS FOOTBALLS DURING THE FIRST HALF.

Mr. Anderson’s recollections are adopted by the investigators for the pre-game psi numbers. His recollection that he used the Logo gauge pre-game is the premise of the investigators’ justification for League officials not reinflating Colts footballs at halftime. But his recollection of which gauge he used pre-game is rejected when assessing the psi drop for the Patriots footballs. There is no rationale for this flip-flopping on whether Mr. Anderson’s recollections were correct. And it is clear that the investigators, not happy with his recollections on this point, pushed the issue so he would state that, despite his best recollection, it was “possible” he used the other gauge. (pg. 52). The report buries in note 5 of the consultant’s report (pg. 65 of the Exponent Report, which is Appendix 1 of the Wells Report) and on pg. 116 of the report, the supposed rationale for rejecting Mr. Anderson’s recollection as to the gauge he used. It is convoluted and difficult to understand at best. Even during his May 12 call with the media, Mr. Wells did not even attempt to explain this, and his colleague’s explanation gave no more clarity to it. Perhaps releasing drafts of the consultant’s report, and all communications between the investigators and their consultants regarding the development of their opinions, would shed more light on this so the public can have all relevant information.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF....

8. During the second quarter of the AFC Championship Game, a ball thrown by Tom Brady was intercepted by a player for the Colts and the ball was taken to the Colts sideline. On the sideline, Colts equipment personnel used a pressure gauge to measure the inflation level of the ball, determined that it was below the minimum 12.5 psi level and informed a game official and other NFL personnel.

Once the game starts, neither team is allowed to gauge the footballs, pump them, or the like. That is solely the province of the referee, who is to be the “sole judge” of whether footballs comply. The Colts, with advance concerns about psi, did not take the issue to the referee. They took the matter into their own hands and had an intern gauge the football. (pg. 63) This conduct was in violation of Rule 2. Nowhere does the Report identify this conduct as a violation of the Rule.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting very interesting.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to a reporter (not a homer) say that he thought Brady was guilty, he went on to say that halfway through this counter report, he did not think that Brady would lose more than 2 games, then he went on to say that after reading the whole report, "Brady isn't getting any punishment"
I read the report myself and now question any of the validity of the Wells Report!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to a reporter (not a homer) say that he thought Brady was guilty, he went on to say that halfway through this counter report, he did not think that Brady would lose more than 2 games, then he went on to say that after reading the whole report, "Brady isn't getting any punishment"
I read the report myself and now question any of the validity of the Wells Report!

and people criticize Brady for not turning over his cellphone to Wells. Scum bag extraordinaire. Especially given the hatchet job he did with the Dolphins last year. I found this from February 2014 in the Palm Beach Post:

Publicly, the Dolphins have expressed dismay at the abuses detailed in the NFL investigation of the club, firing offensive line coach Jim Turner and trainer Kevin O’Neill and vowing to change team culture.
But privately, several team and league sources told the Palm Beach Post that they believe the Ted Wells report was one-sided and dismissive of anyone who tried to support guard Richie Incognito.

Art Vandelay

Latex Importer/Exporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now all the haters are dismissing the entire counter report because of the (admittedly dubious) explanation of "the Deflater." However, if you look at the text of the entire text message, which was sent in May when no footballs are being prepared, it also stretches the bounds of reasonableness to conclude that the two are talking about deflating footballs. If I had to guess, I'd say "the Deflater" is a raunchy and embarrassing sexual reference between the two. You can use your own imagination as to what it might refer to.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, I didn't read the entire 243 page Well's Report. I probably read somewhere between 190-210 pages. I also skipped over some parts that that nothing to do with anything. I may have read 18,236 words of the 20,000 word Context document. but I had to stop because my head really, really hurt. That and I kept trying to tear up my wife and throw her in the trash can.

I don't turn on my radio in the car because everything is "Deflategate".

I keep my TV tuned in to Movie channels because I keep seeing the same assholes, day in and day out, either defending Brady or trying to ram a spit up his ass and roast him.

I can't believe the hate and venom being spewed, even on the NFL Network. And they give 10-15 minutes to a guy like semi pro player A.J. Feely, who says he saw Tom Brady cheat in 2004. Really? Why didn't you report it to the league? No one is asking that question, they're asking him what he "saw".

Wouldn't it be something if the air or missing air in a football tore down a multi-billion dollar empire.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my wife just yelled at me because i went over my data on my phone,apparently listening to bertrand & zolak & felger & mas cost a fuckload of $$

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the counter report, really didn't care for Wells, he looks like a POS. Those text messages prove nothing, nothing at all. How can the NFL say from those texts that "he, Him" referees to Brady, when both ballgirls and the friend involved told them it didn't mean Brady? But Wells calls BS and everyone is like "cheaters, pron stash says the are guilty, they must be" There was nothing there that shows they were deflating footballs and that TB told them too. I know everyone has some type of code words and made up words when they talk with their friends via text. I know for one when I say shit head and we are talking about the NFL, it means Goodballs. We all do it. Not according to Wells.....fucking ass clown. Why the fuck was Walt using two gauges? Not to mention the were not even calibrated the same. They were off, so which one was used, and how do we know if no records were kept? Colts caught checking the ball on the sideline, illegal and nothing done...LOL complete joke. The NFL thinks they are above the law, and they are not. Time to bring them down.