• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, that's that for our Mookie Betts pipe dreams

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mookie Betts and David Price were just traded to the Dodgers.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mookie Betts and David Price were just traded to the Dodgers.

That's a very good thing for us taking wildcard spot contention into consideration going forward. But yeah, Betts would have been real nice.

It's ok...We'll poach Sale from the BoSox in the near future for peanuts to right years of wrong.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some smoke out there that the Twins might be a part of this deal?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very good thing for us taking wildcard spot contention into consideration going forward. But yeah, Betts would have been real nice.

It's ok...We'll poach Sale from the BoSox in the near future for peanuts to right years of wrong.

Eh. Give back young Moncada and Kopech for 31 year old Sale? Coming off of a 4.40 ERA season and a UCL injury? No thanks. By a long shot.

I also doubt he would ever want to come back here. Things didn't exactly end in kind. lol

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Give back young Moncada and Kopech for 31 year old Sale? Coming off of a 4.40 ERA season and a UCL injury? No thanks. By a long shot.

I also doubt he would ever want to come back here. Things didn't exactly end in kind. lol
If Boston offered us a chance to reverse that trade, the burning question is how long it would take for Rick Hahn to stop laughing.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I

Since I said trade peanuts for Sale, is this post tacit admission that that is what you equate the Moncada/Kopech duo to?

richi, i hardly know thee

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boston offered us a chance to reverse that trade, the burning question is how long it would take for Rick Hahn to stop laughing.

This will only become funny if we win the WS at some point during the Hahn tenure.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will only become funny if we win the WS at some point during the Hahn tenure.
No, it's hilarious now. I didn't say it was funny at the time of the trade, in fact I've said on a number of occasions in here that Boston 'won' the trade early on, as Sale helped them win a WS. So again, if the Red Sox offered to swap back that trade right now, the only question is how long would it take for Hahn to stop laughing.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's hilarious now. I didn't say it was funny at the time of the trade, in fact I've said on a number of occasions in here that Boston 'won' the trade early on, as Sale helped them win a WS. So again, if the Red Sox offered to swap back that trade right now, the only question is how long would it take for Hahn to stop laughing.

Yes...but he'd be laughing ringless...whereas Chris Sale and Boston management would be like "kiss da ringz"

So yeah, Boston would still be winning.

Don't make me quote that famous cheesehead coach that wishes he was Halas.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...but he'd be laughing ringless...whereas Chris Sale and Boston management would be like "kiss da ringz"

So yeah, Boston would still be winning.

Don't make me quote that famous cheesehead coach that wishes he was Halas.
Nothing tops winning a championship. I've also said on a number of occasions that the Cubs traded a future superstar in Gleyber Torres to the Yankees for a half season's services of Aroldis Chapman. Not only has Torres become the star everyone envisioned, but Chapman the very next season returned to the Yankees. And yet the Cubs won the WS that year. I'm sure if they could go back in time and have the opportunity to do it again, they'd jump on it because it brought them that trophy. And I wouldn't blame them one bit.

I'll never say that a trade that helps a team win a title is the loser in such a trade. But It's about right now nothing more, nothing less. So I'll pose this question to you Jiddy, if you're the White Sox GM and the Red Sox offer to swap back that trade, player for player, no changes as it stands right now, would you do it?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing tops winning a championship. I've also said on a number of occasions that the Cubs traded a future superstar in Gleyber Torres to the Yankees for a half season's services of Aroldis Chapman. Not only has Torres become the star everyone envisioned, but Chapman the very next season returned to the Yankees. And yet the Cubs won the WS that year. I'm sure if they could go back in time and have the opportunity to do it again, they'd jump on it because it brought them that trophy. And I wouldn't blame them one bit.

I'll never say that a trade that helps a team win a title is the loser in such a trade. But It's about right now nothing more, nothing less. So I'll pose this question to you Jiddy, if you're the White Sox GM and the Red Sox offer to swap back that trade, player for player, no changes as it stands right now, would you do it?
that is a ridiculous question. there's only one way to look at this. the sox would have been worse off had they not made that trade. sale would have never won a ring with the sox. and the redsox likely would have won the ws without sale!
why would anyone even considering undoing it?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some smoke out there that the Twins might be a part of this deal?

Kenta Maeda from LA to Twins, pitching prospect Brusdar Graterol from Twins to Boston

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a ridiculous question. there's only one way to look at this. the sox would have been worse off had they not made that trade. sale would have never won a ring with the sox. and the redsox likely would have won the ws without sale!
why would anyone even considering undoing it?
Who said anything about undoing it. The whole point of that trade and similar trades is often one side benefits in the short term, the other team benefits in the long term. No one is disputing that the Red Sox made out in the short term. DUH. And you may be right, maybe the Red Sox would have won the WS even without Sale. All we know is he contributed heavily to their success, which is why I've said from day one that they made out in the trade early on. Hahn was gambling that the trade would pay off for the White Sox in the long haul, and that's how it's beginning to shape up. No, we haven't won a championship yet, but I'll say it one last time. RIGHT NOW, who would you rather have in the organization, Sale or the 4 players that were swapped. Not three years ago, not two years ago....right now.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on what the plan would be for replacing Moncada.

If Jerry, at the beginning of this offseason, was like "F*ck it, I'm opening up the pocketbook and we're signing Rendon (who was available) and bringing Chris back", in a heartbeat I'd go Moncada/Kopech for Sale. If we're replacing Moncada with the 3B version of Daniel Palka...well...hell f*cking no...so I guess it all depends on circumstance. But this type of trade would never happen, because we sucked donkey balls in 2019, and we're not getting that kind of commitment out of Reinsdorf if we suck donkey balls.

Either way, I wouldn't be laughing at the GM of a franchise that has won the world series 4 times in the last 15 years...I don't care if they offered me Babe Ruth.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I wouldn't be laughing at the GM of a franchise that has won the world series 4 times in the last 15 years...I don't care if they offered me Babe Ruth.

See? I told you before that you're losing your sense of humor. Laughter is a great medicine. So the next time a Red Sox fan offers to take the Sale trade back, breathe in deeply, then let out a hearty guffaw!!! It will be cathartic.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See? I told you before that you're losing your sense of humor. Laughter is a great medicine. So the next time a Red Sox fan offers to take the Sale trade back, breathe in deeply, then let out a hearty guffaw!!! It will be cathartic.

If we win 4 World Series' in the next 15, I will stand outside your house and laugh until you beg me not to laugh anymore LSD. *smooches*

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about undoing it. The whole point of that trade and similar trades is often one side benefits in the short term, the other team benefits in the long term. No one is disputing that the Red Sox made out in the short term. DUH. And you may be right, maybe the Red Sox would have won the WS even without Sale. All we know is he contributed heavily to their success, which is why I've said from day one that they made out in the trade early on. Hahn was gambling that the trade would pay off for the White Sox in the long haul, and that's how it's beginning to shape up. No, we haven't won a championship yet, but I'll say it one last time. RIGHT NOW, who would you rather have in the organization, Sale or the 4 players that were swapped. Not three years ago, not two years ago....right now.

reversing the deal (even at this date) is the same thing as undoing it. only very simple-minded folk would even consider it. it IS a ridiculous question.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reversing the deal (even at this date) is the same thing as undoing it. only very simple-minded folk would even consider it. it IS a ridiculous question.
I wasn't saying all this as if it could actually done. Good grief iddy, not even YOU can be that dense to think I thought this. My point was at this point in time, who now has the better end of the deal. Obviously the Red Sox won it early by virtue of their WS title that Sale helped bring them. But now, right now, who would we rather have with respect to that trade. Man are you ever thick.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying all this as if it could actually done. Good grief iddy, not even YOU can be that dense to think I thought this. My point was at this point in time, who now has the better end of the deal. Obviously the Red Sox won it early by virtue of their WS title that Sale helped bring them. But now, right now, who would we rather have with respect to that trade. Man are you ever thick.
i'm well aware it would never be done ... but ... you posed the question. all i'm saying is it's a ridiculous question. as for who got the better end of the deal? that was obvious when the trade was made. they both got what they needed. and still you ask ... ""... who would we rather have with respect to that trade.""
meaning ... would you rather have sale, a 31 year old pitcher who is coming off a 6-11 / 4.40 era year, who may or may not regain his form with a 5 year $145M contract.
-or-
a 24 year old moncada 25/79/.315 - $575K
a 24 year old highly regarded kopech - $555K
+ basabe and diaz

what fool would want to make that trade? who's REALLY thick here?