• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well its official ESPN pulled da plug

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some where within the last hour and a half, they removed the ability to post without a Facebook account. Kinda makes me wish I knew some one who worked there to see what kind of traffic drop they experience.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some where within the last hour and a half, they removed the ability to post without a Facebook account. Kinda makes me wish I knew some one who worked there to see what kind of traffic drop they experience.

yeah i saw it where they wouldnt let you post . well to me it is their loss. a huge number of their former posters left to here as you can see.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no big fan of Espn, but that forum probably cost them money. My guess is they think it will be self policing and they got additional monies for working with Facebook.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's going to cost them money now too, in the form of mass exodus from their website. Bad decision on their part.

sieteseisju

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this site better. Too many trolls on ESPN.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking in 24 hours later. If you look in the NFC East blog... articles that would normally have hundreds of replies now only have a handful. Only reason I ever went there was for the forum. They certainly weren't a great outlet for breaking Redskins news, too many outlets that are far better than ESPN for that. So their traffic is definitely going to take a hit.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?! I have a new home. Not to mention, many of you migrated over here.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that the mods are to sensitive over here (probably get a timeout just saying that) this site is OK. ESPN at least let rival fans smack talk a little with each other. This site just wants only fans of same team talking. Kinda weak but whadda ya gonna do. I'll miss ESPN but I really don't think they're missing us. The forum was simply a priviledge provided and not a money maker IMO.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep, that's not what I have found. They have no issues with opposing fans talking football on rival sites. What they don't allow is blatant trolling that is designed to disrupt intelligent debate. You want to go on the Girls site and debate how bad romo is, they'll let it go. You hijack and thread with inane comments (ala catfish), you'll get slapped. Personally, I'm just fine with that.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can smack talk all you want here, you just have to do it in the right area. Just as you can start one of those long winded back and forth political threads. Just have to start the thread in the right area.

I like that the site is sectioned off so that the people who want to avoid that shit, can.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that the mods are to sensitive over here (probably get a timeout just saying that) this site is OK. ESPN at least let rival fans smack talk a little with each other. This site just wants only fans of same team talking. Kinda weak but whadda ya gonna do. I'll miss ESPN but I really don't think they're missing us. The forum was simply a priviledge provided and not a money maker IMO.

What it do Rec, I having been holding down the fort during your exile....:suds:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep, that's not what I have found. They have no issues with opposing fans talking football on rival sites. What they don't allow is blatant trolling that is designed to disrupt intelligent debate. You want to go on the Girls site and debate how bad romo is, they'll let it go. You hijack and thread with inane comments (ala catfish), you'll get slapped. Personally, I'm just fine with that.

I have had no problems here, so you can keep my name off your fingertips, twinkle fingers....Leave that HATE you have in your heart @ Disney. :bawling:

#Stay in your lane

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh well - again - what I won't miss about ESPN is 1.) lousy response times 2.) board software from the 20th century 3.) censoring of even the most minor words & 4.) deletion of posts due to both technical issues & giving control of their forums to the wrong people. It was nice while it lasted, but this place is better. If you are really that hungry for lots of trolling I am pretty sure that you can find that elsewhere.

antrodemus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's much easier to find unread posts. Just click on the arrow.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well - again - what I won't miss about ESPN is 1.) lousy response times 2.) board software from the 20th century 3.) censoring of even the most minor words & 4.) deletion of posts due to both technical issues & giving control of their forums to the wrong people. It was nice while it lasted, but this place is better. If you are really that hungry for lots of trolling I am pretty sure that you can find that elsewhere.

they have let east bay talk trash here so far . i am sure they will let you talk on the boys sight .

but that isnt in play here . they want the nuisance types outta here

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have let east bay talk trash here so far . i am sure they will let you talk on the boys sight .

but that isnt in play here . they want the nuisance types outta here
why go over to the cowboys forum? that place is dead. besides the banter gets old after awhile. i'd rather talk redskins football anyway and not debate "OMG 5 RINGZ KISS IT BITCHES" like at ESPN.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why go over to the cowboys forum? that place is dead. besides the banter gets old after awhile. i'd rather talk redskins football anyway and not debate "OMG 5 RINGZ KISS IT BITCHES" like at ESPN.

Agree. I am not really into that type of debate unless someone starts it on this forum (& even then to a somwhat lesser degree).

In any case you are right - who wants to get into an argument where the basic premise is "You have not won anything for 20 years - we won something 15 years ago so we are much more relevant". If anything Giants fans have a right to crow like this - certainly not Cowboys fans.

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I am not really into that type of debate unless someone starts it on this forum (& even then to a somwhat lesser degree).

In any case you are right - who wants to get into an argument where the basic premise is "You have not won anything for 20 years - we won something 15 years ago so we are much more relevant". If anything Giants fans have a right to crow like this - certainly not Cowboys fans.
and even then to me i would agree with the giants fans and move on. pretty effective troll killer too. but i haven't seen any giants trolls here.