• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well it looks like all the cinderalla teams are gone.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a bummer. I was hoping A's , Pirates, or Rays would make it to the Series.

who are you pulling for to win the WS now? I THINK the Dodgers are the most likeable team left.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the 4th inning?

And I don't think the A's are a Cinderella story.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I consider the Red Sox to be a bit of a Cinderella team....not very many people expected them to make the playoffs

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I consider the Red Sox to be a bit of a Cinderella team....not very many people expected them to make the playoffs

true, but they do have the assets to turn around quick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
America really has developed a loser culture

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a bummer. I was hoping A's , Pirates, or Rays would make it to the Series.

who are you pulling for to win the WS now? I THINK the Dodgers are the most likeable team left.

Stop it. It's not over and the As had a better record than the Tigers this year and last ftm. Lower payroll but not exactly Cinderella.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. It's not over and the As had a better record than the Tigers this year and last ftm. Lower payroll but not exactly Cinderella.

Yep, and now the "most likeable" team is the team that had the second highest payroll in baseball...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I THINK the Dodgers are the most likeable team left.

What have the Tigers done to not be 'likeable'? The only big FA they overspent on Prince Fielder, which was a knee jerk reaction to losing VMart for the season last year.

The overwhelming majority of the players on Detroit were picked up via trades by Dave Dombrowski:

Austin Jackson -- From NY in the Granderson Trade
Max Scherzer -- From Arizona in the Granderson Trade
Doug Fister -- From Seattle for a slew of prospects
Miguel Cabrera -- From Miami for a slew of prospects
Anibal Sanchez -- from Miami for Justin Turner and Rob Brantley
Omar Infante -- from Miami for Justin Turner and Rob Brantley
Jose Iglesias -- From Boston in a three way trade -- we gave up Avisail Garcia
Jhonny Peralta -- From Cleveland for basically nothing -- Thank you Cleveland Indians
Jose Veras -- From Houston for a 19 year old prospect in Single A

There isn't much to hate about the Tigers -- they put their team together the way mid-market teams need to do. They have an owner who was willing to open his wallet the last couple years and a GM who has made some unbelievable trades to put the team together, as well as some really good draft picks.

The only person other teams could not like about the Tigers is Dombrowski, as he has made some unbelievable trades for Detroit.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have the Tigers done to not be 'likeable'? The only big FA they overspent on Prince Fielder, which was a knee jerk reaction to losing VMart for the season last year.

The overwhelming majority of the players on Detroit were picked up via trades by Dave Dombrowski:

Austin Jackson -- From NY in the Granderson Trade
Max Scherzer -- From Arizona in the Granderson Trade
Doug Fister -- From Seattle for a slew of prospects
Miguel Cabrera -- From Miami for a slew of prospects
Anibal Sanchez -- from Miami for Justin Turner and Rob Brantley
Omar Infante -- from Miami for Justin Turner and Rob Brantley
Jose Iglesias -- From Boston in a three way trade -- we gave up Avisail Garcia
Jhonny Peralta -- From Cleveland for basically nothing -- Thank you Cleveland Indians
Jose Veras -- From Houston for a 19 year old prospect in Single A

There isn't much to hate about the Tigers -- they put their team together the way mid-market teams need to do. They have an owner who was willing to open his wallet the last couple years and a GM who has made some unbelievable trades to put the team together, as well as some really good draft picks.

The only person other teams could not like about the Tigers is Dombrowski, as he has made some unbelievable trades for Detroit.

Miguel "Do you know who I am?" Cabrera likes to drink and drive and cuss at cops (at the same time).

Jhonny "Wish I could spell my name" Peralta like to play with PEDs.

Prince "Never saw a nacko I didn't like" Fielder steals food from fans...
Detroit Tigers' Prince Fielder Eats a Fan's Nachos After Missing Pop-Fly | Bleacher Report

Justin "So, you're not wearing a cup?" Verlander throws at peoples nuts
valdespin-300x300.jpg

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any result that doesn't end with a parade in Boston will suffice.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel "Do you know who I am?" Cabrera likes to drink and drive and cuss at cops (at the same time).

Agreed -- 3 or 4 years ago -- Cabrera was definitely unlikeable in the past. He has not only quit drinking, but the Tigers even with hold alcohol from the post season celebrations too. (they use non-alcoholic champagne)

Jhonny "Wish I could spell my name" Peralta like to play with PEDs.

Agree here. If you are going to hate a team based on PED's though -- you could honestly go thru pretty much every team and hate them all. Don't forget -- Big Papi even admitted he tested positive for PED's in 2003 and he is one of the most likeable guys in baseball.

Prince "Never saw a nacko I didn't like" Fielder steals food from fans...
Detroit Tigers' Prince Fielder Eats a Fan's Nachos After Missing Pop-Fly | Bleacher Report

Come on now -- Prince was just hungry. I think the funniest part about that -- I don't even think the guy noticed he swiped a chip from him.

Justin "So, you're not wearing a cup?" Verlander throws at peoples nuts

The guy dated Kate Upton. How can you NOT like him. I do have to say -- he does have some sort of nervous twitch with his shoulders and neck that is quite annoying.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed -- 3 or 4 years ago -- Cabrera was definitely unlikeable in the past. He has not only quit drinking, but the Tigers even with hold alcohol from the post season celebrations too. (they use non-alcoholic champagne)

Agree here. If you are going to hate a team based on PED's though -- you could honestly go thru pretty much every team and hate them all. Don't forget -- Big Papi even admitted he tested positive for PED's in 2003 and he is one of the most likeable guys in baseball.

Come on now -- Prince was just hungry. I think the funniest part about that -- I don't even think the guy noticed he swiped a chip from him.

The guy dated Kate Upton. How can you NOT like him. I do have to say -- he does have some sort of nervous twitch with his shoulders and neck that is quite annoying.

I was just being funny...

Oh, and Papi admitted nothing. He said he was surprised his name appeared on a list and he would get to the bottom of it and let us know. Just becasue we are still waiting doesn't mean a thing.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its too bad. thats whats so good about sports is cinderalla stories. too bad we wont have one this year

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Prince stealing a nacho was awesome. If I had noticed, I would have been pretty happy as a fan to have experienced that kind of interaction during a game. I think it would have been pretty cool.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just being funny...

Oh, and Papi admitted nothing. He said he was surprised his name appeared on a list and he would get to the bottom of it and let us know. Just becasue we are still waiting doesn't mean a thing.

This reminds me of OJ still trying to find the real killer.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wanted a Detroit vs Pittsburgh series. If for no other reason than to piss off the networks.

As for Miggy getting drunk and cussing out cops I would think this makes him more popular. And Verlander's getting with Kate Upton makes him a hero to many.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wanted a Detroit vs Pittsburgh series. If for no other reason than to piss off the networks.

As for Miggy getting drunk and cussing out cops I would think this makes him more popular. And Verlander's getting with Kate Upton makes him a hero to many.

Nothing cool about drunk driving, doesn't matter who you are.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's - Pirates would've been a classic for that