• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, it doesn't look like we're bringing in Freeman

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn is still on the open market.

I think he's just as good of a candidate as any vet FA to backup Cutler in Trestman's system. Not a starter, but he's proven that he's a very solid backup.

Any thoughts on the backup QB situation? Do you think it will be Palmer? A rookie? Another vet?

Personally, I don't even mind rolling with Palmer, but I'm not against bringing in a bigger name/more experienced backup.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Palmer will be 2nd string, and the Bears will either draft a QB in the latter rounds or bring in a veteran for training camp. But I do think they need a viable backup. Question is: Will Palmer be able to do that?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Palmer will be 2nd string, and the Bears will either draft a QB in the latter rounds or bring in a veteran for training camp. But I do think they need a viable backup. Question is: Will Palmer be able to do that?

Oh for sure, they will add one, probably a youngster they can sit on the practice squad, cause if Jay goes down, you will need someone to back up Palmer.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure, they will add one, probably a youngster they can sit on the practice squad, cause if Jay goes down, you will need someone to back up Palmer.

I can see them drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th rd. But if they do, I doubt they risk putting him on the PS.
They already lost 1 there. Too easy for some team to snatch him.
Just think if they draft 1, he will be on the 53 man roster.
A 6th or 7th rder, or UFA , I could see being put on the PS.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th rd. But if they do, I doubt they risk putting him on the PS.
They already lost 1 there. Too easy for some team to snatch him.
Just think if they draft 1, he will be on the 53 man roster.
A 6th or 7th rder, or UFA , I could see being put on the PS.

I tend to agree with this. This year's QB class is actually pretty deep, IMO. I could easily see us grabbing one in the mid-to-late rounds.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is not McCown, dont know why everyone thinks he is ready to take that step. Like I say, Cutlers backup QB needs to be a submissive, those are impossible to find in the nfl, unless you find a guy that was coaching high school and bagging groceries. Maybe Favre will come back?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is not McCown, dont know why everyone thinks he is ready to take that step. Like I say, Cutlers backup QB needs to be a submissive, those are impossible to find in the nfl, unless you find a guy that was coaching high school and bagging groceries. Maybe Favre will come back?

McCown is not McCown… that was the combination of a huge fluke and a great offensive system clicking right when he came into the fold.

Palmer can do anything McCown can. Neither are very good QB's, but can do fine in this system. No need to spend money.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown is not McCown… that was the combination of a huge fluke and a great offensive system clicking right when he came into the fold.

Palmer can do anything McCown can. Neither are very good QB's, but can do fine in this system. No need to spend money.

He will be on the bench by game 6 to 8 this year for TB.