• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, I'm ready for 8-8 again.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you?

This draft was supposed to be about fixing the defense. I guess Jerry thinks adding Melton (coming off ACL) and Lawrence, along with the return of Crawford (from an ACHILLES) and Spencer ( from MICROFRACTURE) is enough to get the job done. Pretty short sighted if you ask me.

This defense will be in the bottom 1/6 of the league in defense again. Book it!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you?

This draft was supposed to be about fixing the defense. I guess Jerry thinks adding Melton (coming off ACL) and Lawrence, along with the return of Crawford (from an ACHILLES) and Spencer ( from MICROFRACTURE) is enough to get the job done. Pretty short sighted if you ask me.

This defense will be in the bottom 1/6 of the league in defense again. Book it!

If we get hit with injuries again, I can't see 8:wtf2:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • I just dont see us getting to 8-8. We needed to add some talent to the defense from this draft. We drafted a situational pass rusher with the 2nd round pick. Lawrence is weak against the run and too small to be a 4-3 end. Then we proceeded to draft total scrubs. These stiffs would not make most teams practice squads and they will make our team because they were drafted. I see the Cowboys getting a top 5 draft pick in the 2015 draft. I give this draft a D- and only because we drafted Martin. This is the worst draft since 2009. just horrible.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Top 5 pick in 2015"???

I don't know why you guys cry about everything on this board. It is getting so friggin hard to read with all the whiners and doom and gloom. I don't see a team in this division that scares me. Are we a great team? Of course not. But who is? I can pull the thread where everyone on here came up with a ton of reasons why Philly is no lock, the Giants certainly aren't and Washington isn't even any good right now. We need to get healthy, stay healthy and we need something to happen for us at safety. The first two aren't asking anything incredible...the third we may need to bring in a vet to help or hope something unexpected happens. Either way, every team in this division has questions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • I just dont see us getting to 8-8. We needed to add some talent to the defense from this draft. We drafted a situational pass rusher with the 2nd round pick. Lawrence is weak against the run and too small to be a 4-3 end. Then we proceeded to draft total scrubs. These stiffs would not make most teams practice squads and they will make our team because they were drafted. I see the Cowboys getting a top 5 draft pick in the 2015 draft. I give this draft a D- and only because we drafted Martin. This is the worst draft since 2009. just horrible.

D-??? I just looked at who the other 3 teams in our division took before and I don't like what any of them got over ours

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you don't like the draft doesn't mean they are guaranteed 8-8. Maybe we'll have reasonable health this season.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Top 5 pick in 2015"???

I don't know why you guys cry about everything on this board. It is getting so friggin hard to read with all the whiners and doom and gloom. I don't see a team in this division that scares me. Are we a great team? Of course not. But who is? I can pull the thread where everyone on here came up with a ton of reasons why Philly is no lock, the Giants certainly aren't and Washington isn't even any good right now. We need to get healthy, stay healthy and we need something to happen for us at safety. The first two aren't asking anything incredible...the third we may need to bring in a vet to help or hope something unexpected happens. Either way, every team in this division has questions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you don't like the draft doesn't mean they are guaranteed 8-8. Maybe we'll have reasonable health this season.

Exactly. What 3rd round rookie that we couldn't pick because of the trade was going to be the difference to add 3 wins to our record this year? If you were counting on the draft to make this team a Championship caliber team you don't get the NFL. Look at T Smith and Dez and Lee. What did they do that was so great in year one?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Top 5 pick in 2015"???

I have come to terms with this draft rather I like it or not, knowing no team in our division really killed it in the draft has help me to further meet this conclusion. They all do more in FA (especially the GNats they look like a 500 team again) but I think we had the best draft in the division.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. What 3rd round rookie that we couldn't pick because of the trade was going to be the difference to add 3 wins to our record this year? If you were counting on the draft to make this team a Championship caliber team you don't get the NFL. Look at T Smith and Dez and Lee. What did they do that was so great in year one?

Who said anything about making this a Championship caliber team? I just want a defense that can get a stop every once in a while.

The fact is the Defense sucks. It lacks depth, and has taken a step back in terms of personnel even from a year ago. You don't think Hatcher was a big loss? Do you think Melton coming off ACL is going to fill that void? And yes, rookies can come in and contribute RIGHT AWAY. Look at Eric Reid and Kenny Vaccaro a year ago. Both contributed greatly to their team. And plenty of other rookies did too.

Taking a tweener in 2nd was not a cureall. The organization needed to make a concerted effort to improve the defense. They did not. We can score all the points we want to, it won't make a damn bit of difference when we can't stop anyone again. And the Dallas D is returning pretty much the same bunch - just downgraded at DT.

Please explain to me how it is you have optimism about the prospects for this defense? Sean Lee stays healthy? That will be the day....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said anything about making this a Championship caliber team? I just want a defense that can get a stop every once in a while.

The fact is the Defense sucks. It lacks depth, and has taken a step back in terms of personnel even from a year ago. You don't think Hatcher was a big loss? Do you think Melton coming off ACL is going to fill that void? And yes, rookies can come in and contribute RIGHT AWAY. Look at Eric Reid and Kenny Vaccaro a year ago. Both contributed greatly to their team. And plenty of other rookies did too.

Taking a tweener in 2nd was not a cureall. The organization needed to make a concerted effort to improve the defense. They did not. We can score all the points we want to, it won't make a damn bit of difference when we can't stop anyone again. And the Dallas D is returning pretty much the same bunch - just downgraded at DT.

Please explain to me how it is you have optimism about the prospects for this defense? Sean Lee stays healthy? That will be the day....

Here is the record of all NFC teams when scoring 28 points or more per game.

NFC EAST
Dallas: 4-4
New York Giants: 0-1
Philadelphia: 6-2
Washington: 2-0

NFC NORTH
Chicago: 4-3
Detroit: 5-0
Green Bay: 5-3
Minnesota: 3-2

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta: 3-2
Carolina: 6-0
Tampa Bay: 1-0
New Orleans: 6-0

NFC WEST
Arizona: 3-0
San Francisco: 8-0
Seattle: 6-1
St. Louis: 4-1

The Conference wide winning percentage in these situations is 77.6%. Dallas is second worst in the conference by that measure. If they were league average, they are in the playoffs in 2013.

Sorry but this draft missed the point.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've basically stopped coming here because of all the whinny bitches. Our defense had to be one of the most injured if not the most injured in the NFL last season. Outside of our safeties I feel we should be an average defense this season at worst, barring the amount of injuries we had last season.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've basically stopped coming here because of all the whinny bitches. Our defense had to be one of the most injured if not the most injured in the NFL last season. Outside of our safeties I feel we should be an average defense this season at worst, barring the amount of injuries we had last season.

The "whiny bitches" have been in full throttle since Friday night. Hopefully they are off the rag soon :yahoo:

#Period

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said optimism? I'm just not crying that the sky is falling because the draft didn't go my way. Anyway, our defense will be better this year than last year. How is that for optimism? Half our defensive line was on the street when the year started and two of our DL starters were sitting at home thinking their careers were over this time last year. Oh and last years team was one win from the playoffs with all of that and gave it a go without our QB, most of our good starters on defense from the beginning of the year, some of our backups and our starting LG.

I'm not expecting people to think we are winning the SB or predict 12 wins, but just don't act like we are doomed for a top 5 pick or the season is over before it even starts.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "whiny bitches" have been in full throttle since Friday night. Hopefully they are off the rag soon :yahoo:

#Period

You'll all be among the same whiny bitches in December...just wait.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said optimism? I'm just not crying that the sky is falling because the draft didn't go my way. Anyway, our defense will be better this year than last year. How is that for optimism? Half our defensive line was on the street when the year started and two of our DL starters were sitting at home thinking their careers were over this time last year. Oh and last years team was one win from the playoffs with all of that and gave it a go without our QB, most of our good starters on defense from the beginning of the year, some of our backups and our starting LG.

I'm not expecting people to think we are winning the SB or predict 12 wins, but just don't act like we are doomed for a top 5 pick or the season is over before it even starts.

Please don't lump me in with that group.

My biggest problem with this fan base is that as a whole Cowboys fans are very defensive to criticism. I don't understand why. This is a football team. Another man's play thing. Yet some of you want to go on like it's all peaches and cream around here, and can't stand to have your view challenged by others that don't agree with you. So sensitive that you have to go around calling strangers whiny bitches. Real classy!

Sure the hyperbole is a much sometimes. But so are your over reactions to criticism. And any other man who has to get his rocks up calling other internet posters "whiny bitches", clearly doesn't have much of a point to make...

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can put me in that group ..... but I don't think doom and gloom

From everything I have seen in this draft ...... IT'S PLANNED in advance

Jerry will never admit to rebuilding .... but he has damn sure put a nice new YOUNG O-line in place to protect a NEW YOUNG Qb in a few years ... and damn sure neglected to defense to ensure to coaching staff is gone after this year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My biggest problem with this fan base is that as a whole Cowboys fans are very defensive to criticism. I don't understand why. This is a football team. Another man's play thing. Yet some of you want to go on like it's all peaches and cream around here, and can't stand to have your view challenged by others that don't agree with you. So sensitive that you have to go around calling strangers whiny bitches. Real classy!

Sure the hyperbole is a much sometimes. But so are your over reactions to criticism. And any other man who has to get his rocks up calling other internet posters "whiny bitches", clearly doesn't have much of a point to make...

I wasn't Lumping you in with anyone. I was responding directly to your comment that was in in response to my comment...yet after all that you went on and lumped me in with another group. If you have been here for long you would know the last thing I am is unwillingly to criticize or all peaches and cream. It's the whiny shit I see on here sometimes that makes me want to vomit. Just go back and read any in game thread that has ever been posted on here or on ESPN if you don't know what I am talking about. I don't mind anyone complaining, but 10 or 100 posts in a row? It gets old and annoying and yes it's fucking whining whether you want to admit it or not...that and the complete opposite behavior when things are going well are the reasons most hate many Cowboy fans. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem in sports...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't Lumping you in with anyone. I was responding directly to your comment that was in in response to my comment...yet after all that you went on and lumped me in with another group. If you have been here for long you would know the last thing I am is unwillingly to criticize or all peaches and cream. It's the whiny shit I see on here sometimes that makes me want to vomit. Just go back and read any in game thread that has ever been posted on here or on ESPN if you don't know what I am talking about. I don't mind anyone complaining, but 10 or 100 posts in a row? It gets old and annoying and yes it's fucking whining whether you want to admit it or not...that and the complete opposite behavior when things are going well are the reasons most hate many Cowboy fans. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem in sports...

Jarntt you gotta admit ... going into that draft ..... the way most of us were thinking .... and to come out with what we did

emotions are high right now ...... and it was a shitty draft

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jarntt, I did not intend to throw you in with that group. After I posted I tried to edit in that sentiment. I ran out of time.