• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome back to Cincy, Harang!!!!

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we light him up like a Christmas tree. It appears, our record against the Mariners is the worst the Reds have versus any MLB team. Time to correct that in my opinion.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not exactly a world series start, is it?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We honestly expect this team to score FIVE RUNS?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently Jerkoby and Dustbucket decided they didn't need the scouting report on Harang.
Two hits in 4 innings -- yeah, you win pennants like that.

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an ugly game against Harang. This lineup the Reds have has so much potential, yet, can't seem to get it together. Individual stats look decent, but they are not putting it together as a team. No excuses for losing that game against the Mariners.....

These Reds SHOULD be putting up 4-5 runs/game without breaking a sweat....sadly, that is not the case.

Our piss poor performances versus the Mariners continues.....................................ugh. :L

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Harang hasn't been missing any meals. He should play on the All-Roundman Team... with Sabathia, Fielder, Sandoval, Uribe, Big Papi, Tejada, Dunn, etc. Bet he'd get better run support, too.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broxton could make that roster, even though he evidently isn't going to pitch again in the near future. Looks like we have what we have. I guess, in hindsight, Chapman in the bullpen was an OK idea -- it's a shame the Reds can't get a lead lately when it matters.

Hint: This is called "Baseball by the Books, the Stupidity Chapter."

It means having the best live arm in baseball and being too ignorant to find a good way of using him.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe if you make the best decisions first, the minor ones later don't kick your ass as much. I'm convinced that Dusty is a man better made for Congress than MLB, because he always seems to make the second best option first. The troubling thing is, unlike some people that take that position who do so to look smarter when they come up with a better idea later, Dustaroo is adamantly stubborn about not giving anything but his first idea a chance. It's not true, but it takes an awfully long time. It took Dusty 4 years to figure out Phillips was the only tablesetter in the lineup, and after his successful epiphany, he sends BP back to the .260 hitting cleanup spot at the earliest opportunity. Just because BP has had relative success there doesn't mean we couldn't have done better without Cozart toward the top of the lineup...and an injured guy that was intended to be a role playing LF (Ludwick) is a weak reason to send impact players out of position.

There is no way to prove it, but Id say at least some of our losses and/or extra inning games would have been won in regulation if we had a lefty starting pitcher tossing triple digit discomfort for 5-7 innings. Leake has pitched well, but he ain't no lefthander, and if he was the long man, or AAA insurance, maybe our bullpen wouldn't be as ragged as it is. Detroit had closer issues too, but didnt figure they would be better moving Verlander to that job. Neither did the CRdinals, just because Wainwright had been a reliever once... I never understood the math of prioritizing the last 3 outs over the first 21. I'm convinced not starting Chapman is one of the worst decisions based on stubborn procrastination and shooting for "good enough" instead of the best that could be done.

It's not all Dusty's fault, he has a boss that must approve, or be patiently waiting different results from consistently similar tactics. At some point, it becomes Walt's fault.

Hey, we're just bitching because we're climbing the standings the wrong direction, right ?