• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome back cow college

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I had Dye at a corporate event one time..he was pickled and making an ass of himself...people at my company still talk about it. I thought he was funny...creepy old man funny that is.
I've gone to his farm for corporate events and if you get him loaded and talking it is a pretty interesting time.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize when you call Auburn a cow college and make fun of the fact that they are an agricultural school and you are also demising the contribution of the American farmer to this great country of ours?!

Dunce.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilty conscience?

Nope. We have our own farm college in Texas, and I make fun of them all the time... no shame or guilt.

But technically, TEXAS is a "cow" college. So, there.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. We have our own farm college in Texas, and I make fun of them all the time... no shame or guilt.

But technically, TEXAS is a "cow" college. So, there.
So basically you are just an anti-farming asshole. Got it.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Auburn. Barner Fife has upped his bounty on Bama QB's this year to $2500 per sack. The Curse of the Bamabino > Barner Fife. There'll be no rolling of Tumor's Wires this year.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh....heh....heh....

3. ect
electroconvulsive therapy. an electric current passes through your brain to make you HAPPY. (just stand outside in a storm with some tinfoil wrapped around your head)
jimmy was going to kill himself, instead he had ect, he's more fucked up than ever

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've joined even if we were 4-5 at this point. Just how the cards fell.

Thanks for the warm welcome though, buddy. Good luck not losing your next three.

and yer boys could easily go 0 fer the rest of the season...but I'd prolly give you TTU as a W.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize when you call Auburn a cow college and make fun of the fact that they are an agricultural school and you are also demising the contribution of the American farmer to this great country of ours?

What Auburn's (and all agricultural schools across the country) agricultural school does is remarkable and their research and programs have helped feed literally millions of people and in some cases brought hope where there was none.

This is exactly what I was talking about on other threads when posters start putting down the academic accomplishments of other schools due to football allegiances. It simply has no place in college football IMO. If that is the type of thing you wish to do and how you want to conduct yourself publically then the pro game is much more suited for you.

As for me I have great pride in what my school has accomplished on and off the field but I am especially proud that my university has made it a priority to support the American Farmer and third world agricultural projects all over the globe.

War Damn Eagle!

Thought I might "chime in here" and spill my 2 cents...I too am from a "cow college" and have a great deal of pride for that. Oregon State University was born from the Oregon Agricultural College (Aggies) from lore gone by...
However... We as a nation should be grateful to THESE "cow colleges" for good reason and to those that founded them.

Learning Objectives

Upon completion of this training module, you will:
Understand the historical context of OSU's land grant status.
Become familiar with the OSU Strategic Plan and its purpose.
Review and understand OSU's mission, vision and values statement.

Employees coming to OSU from the private or public sector, and without a background in higher education, often comment that it’s difficult to understand how the higher education system works. Based on their previous experience, the way in which the institution goes about its business initially doesn’t make sense.

To appreciate the way in which OSU works, it's helpful to first grasp the land grant designation in which OSU is rooted.

A Land Grant Institution

OSU is one of only a few institutions to have been appointed the status of a land, sea, sun and space grant university. This entrustment is what drives the mission of the institution. The essence of what it means to be a land grant university is the integration of teaching, research (scholarship) and extension.

Historical Context

The Morrill Land Grant Acts: 1862 and 1890
Although the heart of American economics at this time was primarily the production of agricultural goods, it was the wealthy class and not the average citizen who had access to higher education.

The Morrill Land Grant Acts made education possible for the common person and provides research and service to its citizenry. These Acts, along with other related laws, is impressive in that the language continues to be relevant today.

Summary from Wikipedia: Morrill Acts of 1862 and 1890 established the Land Grant university system. On July 2, 1862, President Abraham Lincoln signed into law what is generally referred to as the Land Grant Act. This granted to each state 30,000 acres of public land. The proceeds from the sale of these lands were to be invested in a perpetual endowment fund which would provide support for colleges of agriculture and mechanical arts in each of the states. MORE...

Other Related ActsHatch Act (1887) established agricultural experiment stations in each state, connected to land grant universities, “to aid in acquiring and diffusing among people of the U.S. useful and practical information on subjects connected with agriculture, and to promote scientific investigations and experiments respecting the principles and applications of agricultural sciences.” MORE...

Smith-Lever Act (1914) established the Extension Service as a cooperative venture among federal, state, local (county), and individual funding support to disseminate agricultural college-generated knowledge beyond the campus to farms and consumers. MORE...

Understanding OSU's Land Grant Status | Office of Human Resources | Oregon State University

Have NO SHAME in the fact that you graduated from or are just a fan from a Cow College, forgive the Gumps, for they do not know...:laugh3:

Carryon...:whistle:

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they must have taught you that in your couple weeks as a 'student' in Tuscaloosa :L

Urban Dictionary: ect.

I'm assuming you either ARE a current student, or attended Auburn. But what the hell gives with this "holier than thou" attitude because of it. I myself, attended Alabama in the 70's. But if you are truly from Alabama, you know that everyone is a fan of one or the other. Get off your high horse about fans not attending.

BTW, Auburn still sucks!

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaiwkFNJYA0]Tom Arnold - Says "Auburn Sucks" - YouTube[/ame]

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you either ARE a current student, or attended Auburn. But what the hell gives with this "holier than thou" attitude because of it. I myself, attended Alabama in the 70's. But if you are truly from Alabama, you know that everyone is a fan of one or the other. Get off your high horse about fans not attending.

BTW, Auburn still sucks!

at least you got one thing right. I did graduate from auburn

Op was supposedly on the scout team at bama or some shit but dropped out of school :suds: