• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

weeks like this....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having fun watching good football being played. Wins and losses don't matter to me this season. The last 2 years were so hard to watch, now I look forward to Sundays again. Den has a great team and IMO will be even better without PFM. Maybe not for a game or two but overall. Bears O is starting to hit it's stride but will be neutralized by Den's great Defense. Bears pass def is also starting to play well and face a rookie. It will come down to if Denver commits to running the ball. Hard game to predict with the unknown at QB.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Denver does still have defense and no doubt will be concentrating on the run. No payaton and bears for the first time this season are favored, only by 1.5 points though.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having fun watching good football being played. Wins and losses don't matter to me this season. The last 2 years were so hard to watch, now I look forward to Sundays again. Den has a great team and IMO will be even better without PFM. Maybe not for a game or two but overall. Bears O is starting to hit it's stride but will be neutralized by Den's great Defense. Bears pass def is also starting to play well and face a rookie. It will come down to if Denver commits to running the ball. Hard game to predict with the unknown at QB.

If anyone knows how to prepare for Brock Osweiler, its the Bears' coaching staff.

I completely agree with your first sentiment tho. It is awesome to see them competitive.

I honestly like the Bears in this one. I think their O is good enough to keep Denver's D off balance and guessing and I think our D is more than capable enough to stop Denver's O.

As long as our Special Teams doesn't fuck shit up too hard, I think we take this one and in decent fashion.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But great defense? Uh, no. We didn't stop the run last week, the rams stopped running because they got seriously behind because their defense blew numerous crucial tackles.

Not quite, Cali...the Rams playcalling sequence was bizarre when the deficit was still manageable. Gurley had 12 carries with a long run of 9 yards. His best runs came in that first drive on 3 carries. Despite the penalties that altered their down and distance, there was certainly more opportunity for him to carry the ball more than 9 times after the first drive. He didnt do anything in those 9 carries, but still...they seemed to give up on him.

Thats most puzzling to me. Going into last weeks game Gurley was averaging 6.6 ypc on first down. Hes been the facilitator for moving the chains and scoring. They cant convert in unfavorable down and distance situations, but yet they opted to throw on many of those early downs even when the situation wasnt dictated by a penalty.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...are why I love football. My God, that was entertaining! Jay Cutler with a really good game, how about that. He didn't do anything brilliantly, but he did everything well, threw no picks, and I will take that any day of the week. Did anybody happen to notice the absolutely outrageous block thrown by Matt Slauson on the Langford screen/TD. I didn't think Slauson played very well yesterday, but he may have made the best block I have seen all season from anyone on that play. Amazing.

I will look it up if I have to, but does anyone remember the last time Green Bay played at home and yet lost in the same week as the rest of the North won their games? I don't know, but I am going to guess that it has been a REALLY long time.

What quarterback gets benched in a game that he breaks the all-time passing record??

Can someone remind me why Roethlisberger didn't start? I watched the afternoon set in the Steelers bar by my house and I'm telling you the place was electrified and man they were doing a lot of shots. I was sitting next to some Packer buddies, and they kept doing "rally shots." Didn't work out too well for them.

Congratulations, New Orleans, for managing to make Washington look like an offensive powerhouse.

Good thing I didn't have any money out there this week. What a crazy week, good stuff all around.

Yeah... I had money out there Sunday, and Monday. I do not share the euphoric feelings you have pertaining to week 10. :L

C

cubzzzfanincali

The rams did not much run at all in the second half, and only once on a non first down. The my did continue to try to run in the second half on first down but even had to abandon that. The bear lead expanded pretty rapidly there.

I can agree there may have been two or three plays they could have gone a couple more times to the run but not very many. Their penalties put them in a lot of bad down and distance situations.

Sorry to hear it richig. Well you know that's why the regular season is 17 weeks long!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game. It was mostly Bears fans there. I should probably go to more games, huh?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Osweiler kid is 6'8 240 huh?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Osweiler kid is 6'8 240 huh?

It depends who you ask but he is somewhere between 6'7" and 6'8". He actually coming out of high school was recruited all over the country to play basketball more so than football. He averaged something like 25 points and 15 rebounds a game in high school. He had actually signed with Gonzaga at one point to go play for them but changed his mind that he wanted to give football a try. So athletically speaking he is actually very underrated. He ran a 4.73 forty so should show this kid has some decent legs to make some plays. He mostly likes to be like Rodgers though and use his legs to dance in the pocket more so than actually take off running.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys (Bronco fans) well at least some of you, expect a good QB right away. The kid from everything I have read is pretty raw. Very talented also. Hey man let me asked you something. How much of a factor do you think it will be that, 1. our staff has the only 2 guys that know your new QB. Weird timing for him to get his first start, don't you think. But life is weird that way.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how a guy who's rookie season was 2012 is being considered as right away. Some call it development, and developing behind Payaton ..... I guess us bear fans cant comprehend that since we dont draft to develop here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys (Bronco fans) well at least some of you, expect a good QB right away. The kid from everything I have read is pretty raw. Very talented also. Hey man let me asked you something. How much of a factor do you think it will be that, 1. our staff has the only 2 guys that know your new QB. Weird timing for him to get his first start, don't you think. But life is weird that way.

You have to realize the Broncos this year have gotten the worst QB production of any team in the league. So the idea of making a switch has us a bit excited. I mean what is the worst that can happen for the Broncos...They continue to have the worst QB play in the league. There is a small chance though that they at least get average production from the position now with Osweiler. Believe me I am not expecting the 2nd coming of Rodgers with Osweiler. I am thinking he has the ability to produce average numbers for a starting QB though. That to me would be plenty right now.

As for the factor not sure it factors too much. The Broncos run a completely different style of offense than what Gase did here in Denver. They might know a few weaknesses of Osweiler with formations to throw at him. I think it goes both ways though in nobody knows what the Broncos are going to try and do with Osweiler. What we saw on film with Manning is not what we will see with Osweiler. From what I have seen of practice this week they have been working with him under Center. Manning after the first 2 games has maybe had 2 total snaps from under Center since then. This is the offense that Kubiak has wanted to run all year long. The Bears honestly would be better going back and watching film on Flacco and Schaub to try and figure out what the Broncos will do this week so again not sure how much of an advantage it really is to have practiced with Osweiler because what they worked with him on for an offense is nowhere to be found.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said for us Bronco fans we are just excited at the idea that maybe just maybe a QB won't get in the way of our great defense. We have won 7 games this year despite Manning as our QB. I would say I can only think of 2 of our wins where Manning was a positive influence on us winning. That would be the Detroit and Green Bay game. Otherwise the team has won despite how terrible Manning has played. So even just a QB that doesn't turn the ball over would be a huge step in the right direction this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, he can't be worse. lol Well good luck. I think it's gonna be a hard fought game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also blows that Payaton has Favred the kid, has not gone to any meetings this week, will not travel with the team to give sideline support. Either Kubiak wants his quarterbacks ear or Payaton is being a dick.