• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9 @ NE

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't won at Foxborough since '06, where we have lost four straight. Most recent loss there was the fluky punt off Tony Carter in OT last year. :L

Really an interesting matchup, as it always is when Brady and Manning take the same field. Both teams have won four in a row and have recently played their best ball of the season. A healthy Gronk is a monster (toughest matchup in the league?) and their second TE, Tim Wright, is also coming off of a big game. Del Rio and the defense seem to face a formidable challenge.

Hopefully we break the losing streak at NE and run the current string of wins to five. I'm taking nothing for granted, however.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe my pats are ''ALL-IN'' this sunday,....and this game will be played like a play-off game in a playoff/atmosphere with a well ~lubed~ crowd on their feet [@4:30/pm],......+ they go on their ~bye~ the following week knowing they can rest-up after this all-out war.,......*MM head-butts trailer wall*.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha very nice Mother-Marge. Always love your imagery that you work to get across. I agree this should be a playoff type atmosphere. Even without playing in the same division these two teams seem to find a way to play each other almost every year. Unfortunately lately the Broncos have been on the losing end (at least regular season). My guess is both teams are working very hard for this one. I am glad the Broncos got a bit of a mini-bye week before this one to heal up and get a few extra days to game plan.

I would say right now Gronk is the one player in this league that scares the crap out of me. He is unfortunately starting to look healthy and man does it show for that offense. He changes them into a top-5 offense all by himself. I don't think there is another non-quarterback in the league that you can say that about. So again happy the Broncos are getting a few extra days to figure out how to slow him down.

Anyway for the Broncos I think it comes down to 2 things...Broncos stopping the run like they have been all year putting Brady and the Patriots in 3rd and long situations and then running the ball effectively working to take the crowd out of it and really helping Manning sell the play action fake that he is so good at.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just gonna have to take Gronk out of the game plan. Brady will continue to force the ball if necessary to Gronk, because he is Brady's safety blanket and the star of that offense outside Brady. Take Gronk away from Brady again, and that offense looks average at best.

Gonna have to double him do whatever, but cannot let Brady/Gronk connection beat us all down the field.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a helluva game on Sunday.

Go Broncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just gonna have to take Gronk out of the game plan. Brady will continue to force the ball if necessary to Gronk, because he is Brady's safety blanket and the star of that offense outside Brady. Take Gronk away from Brady again, and that offense looks average at best.

Gonna have to double him do whatever, but cannot let Brady/Gronk connection beat us all down the field.

What I would do if I were the Broncos is put Brandon Marshall on him in press coverage every single play. The guy loves to hit and have him hitting Gronk for that first 5 yards every single play. Then have either Moore or Ward over the top ready to hit Gronk on those seam routes. Make Gronk get tired of getting hit every single play and throw off the timing with Brady allowing for Miller and Ware to do what they do best.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not at all sure that Gronk is Brady's only option, though he is clearly the most dangerous. Tim Wright, La Fell, Edelman, Vereen and even Amendola are potentially problematic.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm,....maybe gronk will be a decoy/blocker for most of the game,....brady's got other weapons too,....it'd sure be nice for somebody to lay-out....err......''shelve''..... talib for the rest of the season.,....*I see a running-game to keep peyton on the sidelines/supposed to be ~windy~*,.......anyways, good-luck to both teams, should be ''exciting''.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all sure that Gronk is Brady's only option, though he is clearly the most dangerous. Tim Wright, La Fell, Edelman, Vereen and even Amendola are potentially problematic.
yup,.......I got the playbook on mee,.........it's your's for the right fee.....!,....~western-union~ only, please/no cc's.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops,...gotta go,.......my kitty [peyton] just shit/peed on mee.....*MM kicks cat*.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does that entail? Sending TJ Ward low? He's very good on those cheap shots.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that entail? Sending TJ Ward low? He's very good on those cheap shots.

A DB going low????? GASP!!! That only happens 9000 times a week.

Are you going to address the "shelve" Talib for the rest of the season?

I hate the mention of Brady, Belichick, and patriots because the pats fans come running. They are prepared to argue with everyone even when no one has made disparaging remarks.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we get consistent pressure up the middle (which we are capable of), none of them will be a factor. Brady will fold like a cheap taco.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A DB going low????? GASP!!! That only happens 9000 times a week.

Are you going to address the "shelve" Talib for the rest of the season?

I hate the mention of Brady, Belichick, and patriots because the pats fans come running. They are prepared to argue with everyone even when no one has made disparaging remarks.
in all fairness both talib and gronk are lucky they make it thru a full season [esp. in the past] = I still ~cringe~ every sunday when I see opposing teams going ''low'' on gronk, thinking that's it..!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get consistent pressure up the middle (which we are capable of), none of them will be a factor. Brady will fold like a cheap taco.

if you can that's his kryptonite. he can move well in the pocket but he can't scramble.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad you're in agreement that we use him to his strengths then.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Hoping for big games from the DTs.

#MaleekTheFreak!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Patriots have found enough alternatives to Gronk that they can make Denver pay if they spend too much attention on him. Although there is NO question they have to pay that attention. I would love for Gronk to trash Denver. I'm just not sure I expect it.

I think the big question is whether the Denver Dline can put enough pressure on Brady to make him uncomfortable enough to speed up his progressions. The Patriots Oline has come a long way but this will be a real test for them and let us all know how well their improvement has really been.

On the defense against Denver, I honestly don't know except push Denver into running more. It will also be a test for the Patriots secondary for sure. I think the Denver TE (I forget his name) is going to get a lot of work.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all fairness both talib and gronk are lucky they make it thru a full season [esp. in the past] = I still ~cringe~ every sunday when I see opposing teams going ''low'' on gronk, thinking that's it..!

All of New England holds it's breath. He just plays with so much abandon.