• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9 games thread

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap the Bengals' Oline has really come around since the start of the year. I thought for sure they'd get Burrow killed this year
Cappa and Karras have been solid since signing last year...the LT, RT, LG was brutal last year.

Brown is an upgrade at LT, and has been playing pretty dang well. I don't know his scores, but I don't notice him often, and that's about all you can want from an OL.

Volson at LG is still an issue...he can run block, but he really struggles in pass-pro. Been getting better, but...whew.

Biggest impact, honestly, may have been the move of Williams from LT (4 year starter there) to RT...and he has been a really good RT. So, now you have 4 of the 5 spots playing at least around league average...which is about 15 spots higher than the past 2 years...add in a healthy (finally) Burrow who can move around in the pocket...and this offense takes a big step forward...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthys time management has been abysmal since he came to Dallas. It started with taking too much time from the beginning of that drive. You are losing by 5. You need to give yourself two chances for a TD or a chance for two separate FGs. I read people talking about not wanting to leave Philly time. when you are losing you don’t even consider how much time the other team will have until you are close to a go ahead score And they never were on that drive. If it were a two point game I’d have agreed with running clock.
In the end, his time management was fine. He’s down inside the 6 yard line with 27 seconds left. That’s ideal because they can win while not having to defend the Eagles coming back. The problem was that the Cowboys didn’t execute down there. Hindsight is always 20/20. It’s easy for people to see them fail inside the 6 with :27 seconds left and do revisionist history. Yesterday was a great game. It could have gone either way. Very upset about the Eagles 4Q offense. Not a single first down and this should be the strength of the team closing out games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at a mock draft for shits and giggles and they had the Giants at #4 selecting Caleb Williams.
This will all depend on Murray and Fields. Giants don't have an out until after 2024 for the Daniel Jones contract. Why sit Caleb for a year? He would go back to USC before he sits behind Jones or Jones sitting for $47M is tough. The Giants screwed the pooch with that contract.

Cardinals could get that #1 pick. If they keep Murray they could get a ton for that pick or they could draft Caleb.

Trading Murray at any point before the offseason would leave Arizona with a $46 million dead cap charge for 2024, making an in-season deal nearly impossible unless the Cardinals split the tab with his new team.

Then you have Chicago who also has Carolina's pick.

Going to be interesting but it's likely Zona, Chicago or another team trading for the Zona pick fighting for Caleb and Maye.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your point @Shanemansj13 I have to imagine if Caleb knows he's stuck in Arizona or New York behind Daniel Jones he's going back to USC where he'll probably get paid more. I think the only way he goes to the NFL is if Chicago picks him. Fairly storied franchise, they have lots of draft ammunition, pretty good city/night life, etc. And they've talked about a new stadium in the future. New England is quietly rising up the draft ranks as well, but we all know Belichick would take a punter with the #1 overall. Rams have 3 wins so I don't see that happening but if they go 3-14 maybe... I'm sure the Rams would be his #1 destination. Stay in state, big money there, got some young talented receivers to work with and the best HC of all those teams.

I'd wonder if Williams will just pull a Manning and demand to go to the Rams. He'd sit for a year because Stafford cannot be affordably cut until 2025, but he might be fine with that honestly.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at a mock draft for shits and giggles and they had the Giants at #4 selecting Caleb Williams.
He would be better than Daniel Jones that is for sure.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your point @Shanemansj13 I have to imagine if Caleb knows he's stuck in Arizona or New York behind Daniel Jones he's going back to USC where he'll probably get paid more. I think the only way he goes to the NFL is if Chicago picks him. Fairly storied franchise, they have lots of draft ammunition, pretty good city/night life, etc. And they've talked about a new stadium in the future. New England is quietly rising up the draft ranks as well, but we all know Belichick would take a punter with the #1 overall. Rams have 3 wins so I don't see that happening but if they go 3-14 maybe... I'm sure the Rams would be his #1 destination. Stay in state, big money there, got some young talented receivers to work with and the best HC of all those teams.

I'd wonder if Williams will just pull a Manning and demand to go to the Rams. He'd sit for a year because Stafford cannot be affordably cut until 2025, but he might be fine with that honestly.
The Giants are on Caleb's list, Sharky.