• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 vs CLE 2.0

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add picks if you need to, I'd give a 2nd for Conley. If Burns can be dealt and we get anything out of him, it's a bonus.

I wanted to give Burns a chance after last season, but to regress further from a bad season last year has been hard to watch. I'm all in on moving Burns now as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, none of us were all 'Wee!' when he was picked.

2016 draft picks

For a 1st round pick on a CB starved Steelers, that was a short and underwhelming thread.

Good find.

My comments.

"Okay...the 1st pick is in.

Kinda of a weird 1st round in general, but the big shocker to me was Jack dropping out of the 1st round.

Obviously OAK and CIN had some bearing on this choice. I preferred Billings in this spot, but pleased with the pick...they were not willing to risk waiting for 58 which may have been a good move...5 CBs came off the board last night and I assume more will come off before 58.

Burns...imo we're not going to see him play a ton early, but we knew that would be the case with almost any back 4 defender taken."

Well, he did play a lot early, and was exposed.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, been following your chat w/Psych...been there a while it seems, sure you'll be glad to get back to the fam.

I think Canada, Mexico and London are the noted NFL countries...maybe a few others in Europe.

I didn't see it either, we got the BAL @ CAR game on CBS...I watched it online, listened to some postgame.

My thoughts.

Overview, they overcame a sluggish start on OFC, could've easily been down 17 pts facing a better QB. But they did effect the QB a great deal and the DEF showed better overall.

My grades.

HC...3.5 of 5...obviously it was a convincing win, but coming out of the bye they still had quite a few penalties, I think CLE got 3 1st dwns off penalties and 8 overall is still somewhat sloppy and will hurt against playoff caliber teams.

OC...4 of 5...I think the first 3 possessions resulted in a punt or a turnover. Once the OFC did get it's footing they more or less controlled the game with a great mix of run and pass with 2 long drives finishing with 6 both times.

DEF...4.5 of 5...One of the better days for Butler in scheme and execution. Constant with the blitz pressure, but not a ton of heavy (5+) blitzing...the bigs played well, Tuitt getting a sack and TJ bagging another and Dupree, Hargrave, Chick, Alualu...all made at least one play in the backfield. Didn't hear much about Burns, not sure if he played, did see Sensabaugh out there during highlights, maybe someone can shed some light on that.

ST...3.5 of 5...Coverage again leaky. Kicking game solid with Berry dropping a couple inside the 20.

Steelers did what they needed to do to stay atop the DIV. CIN got a rollercoaster win, and BAL got taken to the woodshed by CAR. They need to go down to BAL and repay them the favor and get this split.
IMO the brainfart on the free kick after the safety should knock the HC and ST grades down to 3. No excuse for not reminding the players that it was a free ball and to not treat it like a punt!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the brainfart on the free kick after the safety should knock the HC and ST grades down to 3. No excuse for not reminding the players that it was a free ball and to not treat it like a punt!!!

Fair point...agreed.